wokfoyu

Why I dislike this forum...

on this forum I notice the majority of members flame and think they are so much better than you if you make a topic about you playing the game or something, every topic I have made on here I always get people saying like "oh you had 3rd person on, why don't you go kill yourself" and more shit like that... I mean comon guys whats with the horrible community....

• Like 6

Not all of us are like that. Just ignore them. There are some cry babies and a holes all over. I just choose to ignore them. Oh yeah its not just this forums I see it at other forums as well. Keep you chin up and keep playing the game and screw the flamers and QQers

• Like 2

On internet forum, can't deal with how people almost always act on the internet.

Cool.

• Like 1

There's a lot of jerks and moronic people on this forum.

You have to take the good with the bad. You get a good mod and a bad community.

• Like 1

As the two guys above me said, A lot of people are HORRIBLE at this game and decide to basically take it out on decent players asking good questions. As long as you don't go complaining about everything that happens you'll get a few good replies

on this forum I notice the majority of members flame and think they are so much better than you if you make a topic about you playing the game or something, every topic I have made on here I always get people saying like "oh you had 3rd person on, why don't you go kill yourself" and more shit like that... I mean comon guys whats with the horrible community....

i shit on people for making redundant topics, pointless topics, boring stories, or idiotic suggestions. not my fault that 95% of the threads made fall under one of those categories.
  • Like 1

hardcore game, playing on easy mode .... why u call me easy mode noob? :(

:rolleyes: ermmm yeah

This can be a vocal community and a lot of members are on the abrasive side.

In the upper right corner of the page, you have the option to ignore members if you don't want to see their posts.

• Like 1

It is just the nature of the beast.

Guaranteed, 99% of the self proclaimed hard cunts on any forum wouldn't say "Boo" to a goose irl.

Internet Anonymity... turning Zeros into Heros since 1995.

Edited by Wawazat
  • Like 1

As with the rest of the internet, you have to ignore the crap to get the good stuff :).

• Like 1

i shit on people for making redundant topics, pointless topics, boring stories, or idiotic suggestions. not my fault that 95% of the threads made fall under one of those categories.

Example of a redundant pointless post reinforcing the OP's point

• Like 2

I have found that most people act like their true selves when hidden behind an mask or username. Unfortunatly many times it is the darker nasty side that comes to the surface. At other times you run across people who arent evil and entitled jerks but honest and rational human beings. You get the best and the worst at times unfortunatly most people only remeber the bad things that they encounter rather than the good.

Edited by Corpselooter

The abusive people are most likely bullied in real life by their boss, wife, girlfriend or parents. They go on the forums and abuse people to regain a false sense of self worth. You should actually feel bad for them. It's kinda sad.

Internetz and forums are fast gates to meet thousands of people. You never meet so many agressive or foolish people in your everydays live. They don't talk to you at least, because it's stupid to stop a person on the street and say "Hey! Go back and play whatever-game" or something.

Here you meet thousands of people, who are drugged by Internet anonynmousity. So they behave the way they really are without moral or other restrictions.

I advise you to report every person you feel is telling something improper and don't take it too close emotionally. Yeah, ignore them and report'em. Rules of the forums strive to build every discussion objectively, polite and productive. If some troll breaks this order, we can find him a suitable warning (offtop, falming, offence, abuse or "being a pain in the ass").

Cheers, and hope you don't get too disappointed in us. :)

• Like 1

Yep , Dayz Forum is full of turds like that , they are like those 14 year old kids that you hear screaming when they die in COD .

His post was on topic and had a point. You yourself just reinforced the OP's point tho, flaming his post because you might have a different opinion. Tisk Tisk.

• Like 1

Mods are trying to prune some of the outright abusive behavior, but we are not going to put a profanity filter up nor will we install a "no fun allowed" sign. Threads are looked at and observed and if something is seen that is particularly offensive or abusive, it is acted upon. If you feel something should be taken special notice of, there is a report button. As Disgraced said, you can also ignore them.

theres no doubt that most of this entire game community and this forum in general is full of asshats and generaly unpleasant people.

you kind of just need to let it all slide and chat with those whos input you value and simply ignore everyone else..

this game DEF. seems to breed haters thou. personaly think it has to do with the entire KOS PVP attitude that has infested the game and leaked into the forum now.

Edited by Siberian

all gaming forums are terrible, only gotten worse since games like WoW bought in millions of new assholes who now branch off into everything.

If you have a specific thing your looking for, they can be helpful, if your just browsing your screwed.

If people A) used the search function before posting threads, B ) learned to post in the correct forum sections, and C) learned to take a joke, there wouldn't be nearly as much to troll about.

Just sayin'.

Edited by NightRipper

Hello there,

Lots of post about this issue.

Just remember just as in real life there are a lot of not particularly empathic folk out there.

Plus some plain spiteful ones.

Also, web anonimity gives some chaps and chapesses balls of steel, which it's doubtful they have in real life. (it's amazing how many ex special forces ive met on the net over the years)

Dont take it to heart, but also dont expect it to change without major mod interaction/change of policy.

rgds

LoK

there is always going to be a divergence of opinion, if people choose to be rude that's their choice, you cant stop people being assholes like you cant stop people posting pointless bullshit threads, like this one for example.