Sign in to follow this  
paniohitus

Vehicles outside map boundaries

Is it possible to set a warning in the server-text to only save vehicles and tents within the map-boundaries? We have our own server and play know for a while and we discovered yesterday that a group of players are playing outside the map boundaries. They have at least 4-5 vehicles, boats at shore (we found) They not playing the game with other players on the server, they are playing their own game.

Can it be a server- rule to save all vehicles and tents inside the map as on http://www.dayzdb.com/. That way other players has also a chance to get some wheels. Vehicles are saved only 24 hours by the hive, but they refresh them within these 24 hours i think. I think playing outside map, duping tents etc is a form of cheating, can we do anything about it? (welcome message with this rule etc)

Edited by paniohitus

I didn't think you could put tents outside the map anymore, wasn't that fixed ages ago, they will be wiped at next reset, vehciles last 24hours I have heard.

Are you actually talking about outside the map, past the border where there are no plants, grass only green coloured hills?

Edited by smasht_AU

pretty sure in another post it said vehicles outside server boundary are reset after 6 hours, even then. you see their camp? go raid it.

OR... just toss a nade or two

(Edit. Also... how do u know they are duping tents? I've had 15 setup in the same spot before all legit)

Edited by Charb

Yes, but the area is very big, i saw players driver 2 days ago 163, -010... We never saw a vehicle in the map, we think they are all outside the area, or at least not within the playing-area. It's also that if vehicles are refreshed every 24 hours that they are not wiped, even if they are outside the boundaries.

Most tents have same stuff and more satchel-charges. But the tents aren't the issue, duping is taking place on great scale, it are the vehicles that can't be found and are on places outside map/ or playing area that disturbs me. Other players (including us) can't find it, because the area is to big. We have found some tents near boundaries and bike outside with truck 1 time. But it isn't fun playing this way. We only walk now on boundaries to look for vehicles... that should not be the way to play....

Edited by paniohitus

All I hear is an admin whining about how it's unfair that people are keeping vehicles where he is too lazy to go for them.

All I hear is an admin whining about how it's unfair that people are keeping vehicles where he is too lazy to go for them.

If he weren't an admin, would that have changed things?

Anyway...

I agree with OP (but beware, I play with him and I'm an admin too!). Wouldn't it be more fun if vehicles were actually used what they are in game for instead of just hoarded outside of the map boundaries? Sure you could take lots of food and water and go play Running Simulator 2012 Pro outside of the map boundaries to find those vehicles. But wouldn't it be fun if you could actually sometimes see one driven or could stumble upon one somewhere in the mountains?

Sure, the vehicles should despawn after 24 hours, but there have been reports that after 3 days without touching a vehicle, it was still there.

There should just be a big invisible wall on the map boundaries so the vehicles stay in the map. Or Chernarus should be an island like Lingor so you can't drive them off map. Or vehicles should automagically break down when you leave the map... lots of possibilities...

Edited by Ensign2

Hellow! so about this situation im admin of day z server so i tested it and wanna have to tell that vehinces and tents stay out side of the map more then 2 days) and after restart too)

What about a big reinforced wall on the end of the vegetation. So you couldn't walk over, or destroy it. And for those helicopters, there could be a warning that they will be destroyed in a couple of seconds, if they won't return. This could be explained, by an attempt to contain the infection like in serveral zombie movies. Of course the boats could get the same warning.  So we could keep all the vehicles in side our lovely sanbox and have all fun with it. :D

Edited by MasterBlaster

This has nothing to do with unfair, but the fun-factor for other players (and myself). Your reaction is lazy, because you don't see the problem and just whine about lazy admins...

Edited by paniohitus
  • Like 1

I don't have any problems with it. I don't have any vehicles either but I do like everyone else and go LOOKING FOR THEM because i'm not LAZY. If you don't care enough to spend a few hours looking through forests and offmap for vehicles then you obviously do not need them.

I don't have any problems with it. I don't have any vehicles either but I do like everyone else and go LOOKING FOR THEM because i'm not LAZY. If you don't care enough to spend a few hours looking through forests and offmap for vehicles then you obviously do not need them.

This guy. :rolleyes: