Sign in to follow this  
Ixnay Hombre

New map for standalone possible?

Tell me, since you have nothing better to do, do you think Rocket will create a new map? Or keep the same one? And tell me why/why not he should/shoudn't create a new map.

Or not tell me, you rebel.

I think a new map is very possible. Chernarus is part of Arma 2, it's not a specific Day Z map or anything. With a standalone he has a lot of freedom now, and I don't see why he wouldn't make a new map.

It will probably continue to be a foresty map though.

• Like 1

DayZ could already work on the other free-roam maps on ArmA 2, can't it? I would assume that it could work on other maps as well.

Rocket has already said that EXISTING new arma maps could be converted in about an hour. What many people may not realize though is that it took a team of Bohemia devs an entire year to create the Chernarus map. Dont hold your breath for brand new custom DayZ maps, if ever, they are a long ways away. Take a look at some of the already existing maps though, these can easily be added to the game.

i believe that he will make another map.. maybe 3 times the size of the currect map since it is realy small if he wants the game to be going with 100-200 players on each server atleast :) so yea he's gonna make a new map is my guess and hopefully add new firearms and other mechanics to the stand alone so it will be more insane and hardcore then the mod :) as he said in an interview (not a quote) He wants to add all kinda sickness and weather events that would happend in the real world.. so you might get HIV or something else from being hit by a zombie or maybe just from bad hygene? anyway.. NEW MAP FOR DAYZ THE GAME!

Arma 3 is taking place on a island in greece, the small towns are supposed to be as big or bigger than cherno, so I see no reason why not to use that. but then we don't have the forests which are a big part so...

It would be interesting to see a MMO style character select screen with each server having different unique characters, and each server hosting a different map.

Regardless the maps for dayzgame would IMHO need to be larger.... much larger. 50 people servers are too small as is.

however... if EVERY single building becomes enterable as rumoured... a small map like chernarus becomes more viable in where you can go other than the same 5 spots

I really hope he does, using Chernarus again would most likely put me off buying the standalone, at least until other maps were added.

Chernarus is a nice map and all, but it's incredibly boring if you actually think about it for a minute. There is no underground structures, no big underground, multi level carparks, no mines/tunnels, no caves, no rivers, no varied and interesting terrain..

I just think they can do a lot better than Chernarus.

• Like 1

In my opinion the most important thing, more than a new territory to explore, is to have more enterable buildings.

It's so unrealistic to have huge warehouses, lots of industrial complexes, hospitals, city halls, hotels and houses that are little bit more than decorative shaped boxes...yes, I know, it's not a simple job to design building's interiors, but this feature would add a lot of thrilling and possibilities to the game.

not only enterable buildings, but hell...every town has the same buildings, make towns have more structural differences from one another...

not only enterable buildings, but hell...every town has the same buildings, make towns have more structural differences from one another...

Yes, I agree with you, but Chernarus is not so big to justify a larger difference between the two main cities, moreover the other hamlets are very, very small, so I suppose that such variability in cities architecture is quite realistic. All in all the land is rural and there you can find mainly farms and very small towns.

I hope that the future DayZ will be more explorable, so people can't afford on the actual tactical situation that makes some survival solution not viable like knowing in advance that a building is not enterable and so don't expecting any menace coming from the inside...in short I would like DayZ as a living hell where each step can be fatal.

I personally think a new map will be made because he wanted to have more enter able buildings, and something about underground fortifications.

Wether it's an altered version of Chernaraus or a completely new map (which I hope for) I can't say. But I think a completely new one would make sense.

I would love it if we could have a map large enough to become a single shard environment like EVE online's single galaxy (even if it had to be broken down into sections and spread across several servers) this would put an end to server hopping but more importantly bring an even greater feeling of persistence across the entire game.

I can but dream!

I would love it if we could have a map large enough to become a single shard environment like EVE online's single galaxy (even if it had to be broken down into sections and spread across several servers) this would put an end to server hopping but more importantly bring an even greater feeling of persistence across the entire game.

I can but dream!

How would it work? If I log out of Area A and log into Area B, where would I spawn?