Ashnik

Would you kill the unarmed?

304 members have voted

1. 1. Would you kill an unarmed person on the coast?

Yes. Playing nice and generous doesn't fly in this game. I'm this way because of experience, I choose to kill any and every player I see, armed and unarmed.

There's only three scenarios where I would shoot an unarmed person, especially on the coast:

1) They try to steal stuff out of my backpack or trick me in some other way.

2) I recognize their name as someone I've killed recently who may or may not be looking to get revenge.

3) I see them but can't tell if they have weapons or not. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

I don't like to kill unarmed people.

Several times I helped unarmed guys to get some weapon, then I saluted and made my way into the s**t.

Maybe one of these times I'll be thanked with a knife between the shoulder blades.

Yes, I would.

So far no one has hesitated to put a bullet through my head when I'm unarmed. I can't trust anyone and will not take the risk.

When someone is unarmed the rules are always "dun worriez dood, i wont kil u. i jus need sum help in cherno can u gav me ride?" Then you get there and help him get a weapon. The rules change and it's "lmao let me axe u a queshtun!" Then you just lost all that hard earned gear because you were trying to be "humane." As far as I'm concerned it's still a game and until killing a newspawn has consequences I'll always waste a shot on them.

No, I would not kill unarmed player. I would check if I would hear the heartbeat sound when looking at him and would not turn my back. You never know for sure (paranoia)...

Voted no.

Won't kill anyone completely unarmed.

Wont kill someone with an axe if out of swinging range. Will do the moment they get too close though. :D

No. Killing everyone on sight because they might be a threat later is a retarded logic IMO. They'll just spawn somewhere else seconds later, they could still give away your location to their buddies, so you're still not safe. In fact, now they have a motive to hunt you down. It makes no sense to me.

I won't necessarily help noobs find a weapon or team up with them but if they are unarmed on the coast I will leave them alone.

• Like 2

simple if they're at the coast then no. cause i don't go there (unless i die)

otherwise yes cause it means they're near me and the people that i am playing with at that moment.

seeing how they can have potential food or other stuff the people i play with need ( yes i play mostly with low gear people)

i proceed to kill them and let them loot his body for anything they need.

is it cruel yes. would it be cruel to not provide easy gear for the guys i play with yes.

in my eyes that makes it even :)

On the coast no, if they are trying to pick up gear where I am trying to pick up gear yes, if they get it I don't.....

"You can give peace a chance,I'll cover you in case it doesnt work out."

Good quote!

Too many times I've helped someone without a weapon just to be shot while I was looting/checking map.

"Yes or No" seems too black and white to me. Considering all the different things that can happen to affect your decision.

I say, If you don't wanna kill them, avoid them or if that's not possible at least take out their legs so you don't have to worry about being followed and killed.

Basically, I wont shoot as long as they avoid me/i avoid them. But if they see me and come at me, i'll bring them down just to be safe.

Edited by Kuramashi

Player is 600 meters away with a hatchet.

HE'S A THREAT

• Like 1

Yes, They aren't a threat now. But they will be in the long run. Don't trust anyone.

You know they're just going to respawn right?

• Like 1

If they don't yell "friendly" I'm killing them right away. Most people do yell so I let them live. If they're a fresh spawn I'll try to help them out as much as I can.

If they don't yell "friendly" I'm killing them right away. Most people do yell so I let them live. If they're a fresh spawn I'll try to help them out as much as I can.

Agreed. I don't team up with strangers, but if I have something to give, i'll do it.

Yes. I don't know what they have. Unless I "watched" them spawn and have had eyes on them the whole time...I don't know what they have or don't have.

They could have a hatchet on the ol' tool belt and then pull it out and kill me with it. Could have a pistol in their pack...and a flashlight in their hand trying to look all "nooby".

I don't trust people. I don't even trust the guys I play with on occassion...they life in another state. Sure, one's a coworker, but his friend keeps eyein' my alice pack...so...you gotta watch your beans man. It ain't safe out there.

Out.

Depends. My squad generally owns Cherno on whatever server we go on, we don't kill unarmed players, or players with anything less than an enfield, as long as they don't stick around too long or shoot at players. If they run in, grab a gun or two and leave, we let them be (unless they're a potential threat, like getting too close to our looter).

In all honesty it depends on the situation, and how I feel. Most of the time I would not, but I have before.

For instance last time I killed an unarmed noob I saw him running east from Kamenka (I had just left debug world and respawned), and I had just picked up a MK Mod 0. I had not shot it against a player yet. I see the guy running, and say to myself I will let him go. Then I notice his name plate "Baller Status". I felt compelled. Gun worked great though.

Since that time I have tried to stay away from servers with name plates on so I do not repeat that again. LOL :)

• Like 1