griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

How is this game "confirmed" if none of this information is known? I can't help but feel like Rocket is only doing this in retaliation to that other game

Agreed. seems kinda odd that DayZ standalone is now announced (with all unknown dates, timeline and what not) as soon as a game comes along that will decimate this Mod. Seems someone is scared.

Edited by Griff

Agreed. seems kinda odd that DayZ standalone is now announced (with all unknown dates, timeline and what not) as soon as a game (thewarZ) comes along that will decimate this Mod. Seems someone is scared.

For them to even have this information they would have to have some of the stand alone done. If you want a good starting point you could use the minimum requirements of Arma 3 found here http://www.bistudio....ish/games/arma3 . Further more it could require less or more depending on the added and removed features of the Day Z stand alone from the base game/engine. A missing price and date just mean they are not far enough in production to accurately determine when it will be ready for the consumer. How much it should cost depends on the resources it took to make and the projected income they seek.

Edited by Nappa

For them to even have this information they would have to have some of the stand alone done. If you want a good starting point you could use the minimum requirements of Arma 3 found here http://www.bistudio....ish/games/arma3 . Further more it could require less or more depending on the added and removed features of the Day Z stand alone from the base game/engine. A missing price and date just mean they are not far enough in production to accurately determine when it will be ready for the consumer. How much it should cost depends on the resources it took to make and the projected income they seek.

You just spit out a load of useless jargin there friend, and if the game is Stand Alone it won't have anything to do with Arma 3, so why would I check out the official website for it. Other than the fact that DayZ isn't mentioned anywhere on any Arma site ever, I can't really glean any information from those pages.

You just spit out a load of useless jargin there friend, and if the game is Stand Alone it won't have anything to do with Arma 3, so why would I check out the official website for it. Other than the fact that DayZ isn't mentioned anywhere on any Arma site ever, I can't really glean any information from those pages.

Ok, did you try the official DayZ standalone website, linked in the OP?

Ok, did you try the official DayZ standalone website, linked in the OP?

You mean the website that YOU people made? Unless Bohemia Interactive claims DayZ as part of it's own I'm calling bullshit.

I was just referencing the minimum requirements of Arma 3 because it is off the same engine. I highly doubt it would use more intense graphics then that.

Edited by Nappa

Agreed. seems kinda odd that DayZ standalone is now announced (with all unknown dates, timeline and what not) as soon as a game comes along that will decimate this Mod. Seems someone is scared.

To me, it doesn't seem "kinda odd". It seems like what I've heard and expected since what? May? When I first started playing.

Playing, mark, not prognosticating over FAQs and screenshots.

These forums are here as part of theDayz community and in support of the players and dev team of that mod. This includes the mod and the announced game. We don't have to care about or support other products, plain and simple.

So please... Stop poking with your little "stick".

Edited by Disgraced
  • Like 1

You mean the website that YOU people made? Unless Bohemia Interactive claims DayZ as part of it's own I'm calling bullshit.

your finger seems to be stuck. pull harder!

Wonderful news.

NOW RELEASE THE FIX FOR THE FRIGGING GRAPHICS ISSUE IN 1.7.2.4!

• Like 1

All links in the OP are official, and their content is updated by Bohemia Interactive employees.

That includes the Bohemia Interactive facebook page, complete with the banner that includes DayZ. The same banner in the OP.

Edited by Griff

If you still don't believe Griff check the bottom of the page of dayzgame.com and look at whose in the copy right.

Not sure if you realize that Rocket and matt lightfoot work for bohemia interactive

There shood be a ub3r 3dition where you git l33t pr0mlg quicksc0p3s.

Or it could just be regular dayz.

Ill by it either way(actually i won't if you include the 3dition where you git l33t pr0mlg quicksc0p3s).

What i dont understand is, why bring the stand alone as an alpha version ? I mean i heard so often " its alpha we are the testers " .

So you want all of us to test youre game and pay for it ? I used to know this procedure like AlphaBetaRelease.

Alpha and Beta to test out the bugs etc . then release the game .

So make a closed alpha / beta whatever and then sell youre absolutly fine working game.

Nobody could cry about this, but in my opinion you guys know exactly you will make loads of money so dont wait for a " real " release before some others ( like WarZ ) come out and take the advantage of this Zombie survival hype.

What i dont understand is, why bring the stand alone as an alpha version ? I mean i heard so often " its alpha we are the testers " .

So you want all of us to test youre game and pay for it ? I used to know this procedure like AlphaBetaRelease.

Alpha and Beta to test out the bugs etc . then release the game .

So make a closed alpha / beta whatever and then sell youre absolutly fine working game.

Nobody could cry about this, but in my opinion you guys know exactly you will make loads of money so dont wait for a " real " release before some others ( like WarZ ) come out and take the advantage of this Zombie survival hype.

Short answer? Uncharted territory, continually adding features and bug testing them

great news no matter what!!!! ill buy right now! now please tell us when the update for the graphical glitch an all is coming out? just a hint?

The engine used for ARMA 3 or better would be great. Better graphics = more enjoyable experience (as long as the gameplay is kickass still). ;)

great news no matter what!!!! ill buy right now! now please tell us when the update for the graphical glitch an all is coming out? just a hint?

This!

I will buy even in its current state!

Don't know if its been asked before, but the search says not. Will our character data be carried over? If not when the standalone comes out I'll go crazy with my AKM, raiding everywhere until I die.

Don't know if its been asked before, but the search says not. Will our character data be carried over? If not when the standalone comes out I'll go crazy with my AKM, raiding everywhere until I die.

I very highly doubt that. I'd imagine so much stuff would be different, it wouldn't even be possible. + I think it'll be awesome for a total reset for everyone. Start fresh!