griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

My issue with this "Standalone are the following specs given from BI and DayZ directly"

Facts:

• The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point
  • Rocket is project lead for DayZ at Bohemia Interactive.
  • DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model.
  • There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game.

Release date: Unknown

Price: Unknown

Minimum Requirements: Unknow

So essentially my issue is they PLAN to release a game at a retail price *following mine craft business plan* for about $15-25.00 IMO. They also plan to release this as an ALPHA build. My issue with it is the fact that BI KNOWS they made millions already from Arma 2 AO that they would NOT have made because of this mod. I am not complaining, I am pointing out the fact that they already made a crap load of cash they wouldn't have if this mod hadn't existed. NOW they plan to RE-RELEASE, the same product, an Alpha "game" as a Standalone to REMAKE the same money they got from this game/mod without improving the many flaws that currently exist? They say they are planning to use the Minecraft pricing and development model, sure that is a good way of saying " The game will NOT be finished upon release and there will be a ton of continues updates because we are in a rush to push a release to get the money while this game is popular." That is all I got from this press release. I will not be spending any of my cash on a "alpha" game if they do not fix the hacking, glitching and bugs that currently plague the DayZ mod. The only real benefit to all this is that it gets direct support from BI, which I am sure its had for a while now.

sir u know nothing, DayZ Mod Creaters did not make $0.01 not a single PENNY for making DayZ that all went to bohemia interactive because this is only a mod means that they do not make any money off of the money spent on Arma 2

• Like 1

I just don't know where to begin with your argument

There is "no where to begin" its a sound argument. I am not saying that I am here to complain that I paid 25.00 bucks for AO, I realize I bought Arma 2 not DayZ. I am saying that common sense IMO would dictate that the majority of people however only play this mod. Again, they still paid for AO not DayZ but to release a game as an alpha IMO is a bad idea and only sounds like a way to capitalize on revenue more than putting out a sound product to the consumers.

I bought the second gun for nothing? I played for 10 days, by the way is with BUG 1.2.7.4 [Horrible texture].

UPDATE DAYZ MOD 1.2.7.5 ARMA 2 or BYE dayz !!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Go QQ somewhere else
  • Like 1

sir u know nothing, DayZ Mod Creaters did not make $0.01 not a single PENNY for making DayZ that all went to bohemia interactive because this is only a mod means that they do not make any money off of the money spent on Arma 2

Actually, Rocket works for BI and has for a while. So essentially its money going into his pocket. They are now SUPPORTING this mod, but I think hes officially been getting paid for this work for about 3-4 months now.

What is your point btw, so if BI made all the money, now they are releasing this mod officially with their support so they make the same money again, I think I stated that in my original argument.

Edited by Infidel86
  • Like 1

Warz is just a zombie version of this ..

Personally i think its gonna be absolute tripe.

If this is true, then its great news. cod players can play this^ shit, while others can enjoy arma style gameplay.

I bought this car, and now there is a newer model. But they want to charge me money to buy it. This is not fair, i mean they already made money when i bought the first model now they will charge me for a remake of the same car...

My issue with this "Standalone are the following specs given from BI and DayZ directly"

Facts:

So essentially my issue is they PLAN to release a game at a retail price *following mine craft business plan* for about $15-25.00 IMO. They also plan to release this as an ALPHA build. My issue with it is the fact that BI KNOWS they made millions already from Arma 2 AO that they would NOT have made because of this mod. I am not complaining, I am pointing out the fact that they already made a crap load of cash they wouldn't have if this mod hadn't existed. NOW they plan to RE-RELEASE, the same product, an Alpha "game" as a Standalone to REMAKE the same money they got from this game/mod without improving the many flaws that currently exist? They say they are planning to use the Minecraft pricing and development model, sure that is a good way of saying " The game will NOT be finished upon release and there will be a ton of continues updates because we are in a rush to push a release to get the money while this game is popular." That is all I got from this press release. I will not be spending any of my cash on a "alpha" game if they do not fix the hacking, glitching and bugs that currently plague the DayZ mod. The only real benefit to all this is that it gets direct support from BI, which I am sure its had for a while now.

I agree with him, if I am on the same page, I sincerely hope DayZ will be using the Arma 3 engine. Otherwise, why pay again for another game that may be the in the same state of its predecessor? I understand the frustrations due the the bugs and hacking, so he has a right to be wary. I love DayZ, totally got my money's worth. However, I want the standalone to be that much better, not another alpha with the potential to have same problems of the original.

There is "no where to begin" its a sound argument. I am not saying that I am here to complain that I paid 25.00 bucks for AO, I realize I bought Arma 2 not DayZ. I am saying that common sense IMO would dictate that the majority of people however only play this mod. Again, they still paid for AO not DayZ but to release a game as an alpha IMO is a bad idea and only sounds like a way to capitalize on revenue more than putting out a sound product to the consumers.

1. The "Minecraft-Model" means that while the release is in Alpha, you will get it cheaper. You can wait for the full release, where you will pay full price.

2. The money they made will go towards expansion. To give all that money back because the community feels like it's owed to them is just bad business. Also, they now have a new development team, and that needs funding.

3. It won't be the same product. My god. The standalone will be eons above the mod. The mod right now is restricted ALOT by the Arma engine. The standalone will be free of that restriction

Edited by Griff
  • Like 8

If this is true, then its great news. cod players can play this^ shit, while others can enjoy arma style gameplay.

I bought this car, and now there is a newer model. But they want to charge me money to buy it. This is not fair, i mean they already made money when i bought the first model now they will charge me for a remake of the same car...

No offence but are you dumb? I am not complaining about paying more money for the game. I am saying if on release I dont see a TON of fix's for this DayZ mod before it becomes a DayZ game then its not worth any money because at this point its broken and needs some serious work. I enjoy it for what it is which is an alpha, but how can you release a full version game in alpha. Doesn't make any sense especially with all the current problems. Learn to read kid.

So the new engine and Rockets ability to edit it fixing many of the biggest issues with DayZ almost immediatley means you're paying for the exact same alpha you're currently playing right? Face it, aside from the tent issues which have been fixed and the artfacts most of the things people consider 'bugs' in this mod are just the ARMA 2 engine being used in a way it wasn't meant to, ie duping, zig zag zombies, death ladders, death doors etc etc.

1. The "Minecraft-Model" means that while the release is in Alpha, you will get it cheaper. You can wait for the full release, where you will pay full price.

2. The money they made will go towards expansion. To give all that money back because the community feels like it's owed to them is just bad business. Also, they now have a new development team, and that needs funding.

3. It won't be the same product. My god. The standalone will be eons above the mod. The mod right now is restricted ALOT by the Arma engine. The standalone will be free of that restriction

There you go then - that is what many of us want to hear, clear communication.

THANK YOU.

This is what I have been saying essentially. If they were to release this game in 2 months time with no big changes thats a problem IMO. If they redesign the whole engine and fix all the bugs and get a better hacking detection system in place fine. That makes sense. I am not asking them to give the money back to the community; however, with all that extra cash they made of this mod why not take some of it and pay those developers to do things right so they can charge me "FULL PRICE" which I would gladly pay for a working game.

Edited by Infidel86
  • Like 1

There you go then - that is what many of us want to hear, clear communication.

QFT

Facts:

So essentially, at the sandwich shop, you buy a chicken sandwich, then want all of your future deluxe chicken sandwiches for free?

If you don't want to pay for the Dayz stand alone game, then just keep playing the free mod as it continues to develop.

For myself, I will be ready to pay a small fee to get in on the ground floor. This is going to be great. It worked great for me with Minecraft.

So essentially, at the sandwich shop, you buy a chicken sandwich, then want all of your future deluxe chicken sandwiches for free?

If you don't want to pay for the Dayz stand alone game, then just keep playing the free mod as it continues to develop.

For myself, I will be ready to pay a small fee to get in on the ground floor. This is going to be great. It worked great for me with Minecraft.

No. No. No. That is not what we are saying at all. Griff answered it, so everything is peachy now.

Edited by Flawed

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I stand corrected.

Edited by Infidel86

THANK YOU.

This is what I have been saying essentially. If they were to release this game in 2 months time with no big changes thats a problem IMO. If they redesign the whole engine and fix all the bugs and get a better hacking detection system in place fine. That makes sense. I am not asking them to give the money back to the community; however, with all that extra cash they made of this mod why not take some of it and pay those developers to do things right so they can charge me "FULL PRICE" which I would gladly pay for a working game.

Why would you think they would NOT change anything, and just sell the mod? What he answered was already in OP and it's also pretty obvious they WOULD fix bugs and add content. And he says i'm stupid...

You are stupid because they say this is being released in an alpha state, what from that post makes you think it WONT have issues.

As well, none of what he answered was in OP. Good try though. It states its will be released in alpha state following minecraft model with continual updates on release, where does it say its NOT using the same engine? For all we know it could release tomorrow with the same problems and updates and be DayZ "alpha" game, exact same content, all new pricing.

Wouldn't make any sense, I know, but neither does releasing an alpha game, maybe for TESTING, but I have never heard of an alpha game being released for retail sale. Thats why its usually exclusive to alpha TESTING and beta TESTING before release.

Edited by Infidel86

Congratulations to Rocket and the DayZ team. I couldn't be more excited about this.

Edited by PhilB

You are stupid because they say this is being released in an alpha state, what from that post makes you think it WONT have issues.

As well, none of what he answered was in OP. Good try though. It states its will be released in alpha state following minecraft model with continual updates on release, where does it say its NOT using the same engine? For all we know it could release tomorrow with the same problems and updates and be DayZ "alpha" game, exact same content, all new pricing.

Wouldn't make any sense, I know, but neither does releasing an alpha game, maybe for TESTING, but I have never heard of an alpha game being released for retail sale. Thats why its usually exclusive to alpha TESTING and beta TESTING before release.

Because it's already been confirmed it's being made on the VS4 engine for ARMA 3? You claim your argument is sound and well thought out but you have to resort to calling people stupid because you're too lazy to get the most up to date information, bravo. You've never heard of an alpha game being release for retail sale? But minecraft is mentioned in the OP... not sure if trolling, or just retarded.

• Like 3

Phil, Griff will answer I'm sure but essentially it means you are buying an unfinished game for a reduced price and someday when it is fully released it will be worth more than what you paid at that time. Thats what I got from the response he gave me.

Because it's already been confirmed it's being made on the VS4 engine for ARMA 3? You claim your argument is sound and well thought out but you have to resort to calling people stupid because you're too lazy to get the most up to date information, bravo. You've never heard of an alpha game being release for retail sale? But minecraft is mentioned in the OP... not sure if trolling, or just retarded.

Where was it confirmed that its using the Arma 3 engine? It's not stated in the OP and sorry I havent read 15 prior pages because I figured they would mention any new features in the "press release" Griff has stated it will be using a new engine, he didnt say Arma 3, all he said it wont be the current engine. Minecraft is not by my definition an alpha, what problems does it have that need fixed? From what I have seen all they add are retarded updates like the ability to see new blocks which isn't really game changing when it comes to the problems DayZ face in its truly alpha state.

You really are comparing apple to oranges, I really wish companies would use the term alpha properly if they are going to use it at all so it would be a clearer definition. The only comparison it would be able to make to minecraft now is the fact that it gets updated all the time which tells me and hopefully im wrong that there will needed fixs not completed upon releasing this game.

Edited by Infidel86

Guys, nip the name-calling in the butt. I am promiscuous with my warnings as of late.

Game engine is currently a gray area. Rocket will announce the details in the coming days.

OP updated.

Edited by Griff
  • Like 1

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

Rather then putting a ridiculous price on the game that is above the regular market norm they should make it so that it can't be hacked.

(And I'm fairly sure this will be no problem in the long term.)

Also hurray, hopefully they release it on steam.

Edited by MasterZ