griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

It's going to be hilarious when all the people flocking to WarZ have their chips pissed on by all the hackers... :P

^^^ Calm down!^^^ This thread cannot cope with that sort of rational thought process.

I would buy a limited edition if it would include one of the t-shirt designs they were going to make.

People are flocking(not me) to WarZ, because there has been no new news in how long?

I like it better when there is no news. That way we aren't spoonfed empty promises. Take Grand Theft Auto V for example.

I am happy to wait for dayz standalone. Its the first game in YEARS that i have spent more than twelve hours on. I normally play a game and lose interest about an hour into it. I hope hackers are stopped, its the only thing that ruins the game.

I'll not play warz until I have read some seriously positive reviews. You know what, I fail to see how a game that is War Inc (seemingly an average score of 6.0 in most major review sites) will be given anymore than 6.0 again. It is the same game rushed out to a bunch of kids who can't wait three months for the standalone of dayz.

If you fall this kind of opportunism you deserve to be parted from your cash.

Of course if it is reviewed with 8.0's, I will give it a try too.

Let the gaming media waste their money and tell us how good it is.

• Like 3

WarZ... from the brilliant mind that brought you this:

<3 Sergey Titov

<3 Sergey Titov

The major problem of this game is programming, I not blame her creator, War Inc is not "so bad", proves that people learn from mistakes.

So, If this will be released as a normal game, you ain't going to remove this mod from arma 2, and it'll be working too ?

<3 Sergey Titov

Oh man...That is just perfect! hahaha

So, If this will be released as a normal game, you ain't going to remove this mod from arma 2, and it'll be working too ?

Yes, it will live on. The DayZ standalone will be called "DayZ" since that is the brand name and the Mod will then be called "DayZ: Mod". It won't get the official support in the same way the standalone does and becomes a sort of community-run project. This however makes it far more flexible than the standalone, so modders can go all crazy and see what magic they can get in DayZ.

• Like 2

dayz staff, you need to hurry :) warz already sells prescription and shows gameplay-videos... it IS a 100% replica and almost rdy to play :( want to stay with the arma engine and i hope, you'll give us some footage soon.

the mod is dying more and more as hackers are on every server and tents still have the same stuff from patch 1.7.2.4... the mod is no fun anymore :(

Edited by SirRender

People are flocking(not me) to WarZ, because there has been no new news in how long?

People are flocking to Warz because its first out of the gate and they have had a taste of the DayZ mod. They will flock back here when DayZ goes live. I will try both. If they both are fun and offer a somewhat different experience i will support both. I am hoping they do not mirror each other.

Being first does not guarantee success. If anything it puts pressure on to make a good product quickly because they know who is right behind them. DayZ gets the opportunity to see how WarZ is received by the gaming community. This can be a very valuable asset.

From what I saw in the warZ videos, it doesn't seems to be that good... I wouldn't be too confident about that game.

Hopefully we will get something to play on before the end of the year.

Praise the lord! oh wait im a month late... :(

People are flocking to Warz because its first out of the gate and they have had a taste of the DayZ mod. They will flock back here when DayZ goes live. I will try both. If they both are fun and offer a somewhat different experience i will support both. I am hoping they do not mirror each other.

Being first does not guarantee success. If anything it puts pressure on to make a good product quickly because they know who is right behind them. DayZ gets the opportunity to see how WarZ is received by the gaming community. This can be a very valuable asset.

The problem is that DayZ concept is based on novelty, and it's usually wearing off after a couple weeks or turning into Cherno/Electro PvP fest, especially when half players are cheating; you just can't take the game seriously. If WarZ won't bring something totally new and brilliant to the scene (and it most likely won't), or if it won't have MUCH more diversity than the original, it will fail hard, and even then it'll fail after a couple months when novelty will wear off.

BTW, the same applies to DayZ standalone, of course.

Edited by KizUrazgubi
  • Like 1

I really don't want to get involved in this debate but in what way is WarZ "first out of the gate" exactly? No one has even played it yet. Do you mean the first to ask for your money?

I really don't want to get involved in this debate but in what way is WarZ "first out of the gate" exactly? No one has even played it yet. Do you mean the first to ask for your money?

If they don't lie, WarZ is playable at 15th Oct. If DayZ doesn't releases the first standalone version before 15th, then WarZ is "first out of the gate", this is what ShadowJack meant! I don't see how you became a moderator when you can't see further than Rocket's bum!

With all love

Camoplast

• Like 1

lol, That was a tad harsh Camoplast. It was a simple question.

• Like 3

So when are we going to see anything? just a screen shot thats all i want.

Rocket said "soon" probably this week? Maybe next?

Rocket said "soon" probably this week? Maybe next?

WarZ is already selling their game and their releasing the alpha to people who pre-order, in two weeks. Now don't tell me to leave and play War z because I've all ready pre-order the game but i still want to play dayz. All people wan't is just some eye candy, just a screen shot of chernarus plus or a picture of the new graphics. I'm sorry Rocket but you have been talking about how much shit you have done yet you release no pictures. If the game is going to be released by the end of the year (witch is Two months away) gives us someone the fucking look at.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing agents Rocket but he keep throwing a bone at us then pulling back as soon as we start getting interested. And if you have made so much progress then launch Dayz pre-alpha, look at a random zombie/tree/player/building and press the "print screen" key. Once you have done that upload it to the official dayz-dev twitter and confirm it is legit. I am tired of going to "dayzgame.com" and finding the same shit that was there a 2 months ago.

If anyone has a problem with what i have said then you can cry to the moderators because this survivor dons't give a shit.

• Like 2