Sign in to follow this  
oZiix

DayZ standalone will use Real Virtuality 4 engine!

sorry but everyone in gaming business is here for money not being funny if they wernt theyd give there games away for nothing ;)

And yet the amnesia devs used the money to hire more team members instead of increasing their pay, Bohemia itself seems focused on being able to take pride in their work. CD Projekt has stated that they started GoG.com because they missed the old games they played.

People do things because they enjoy them, they charge for them because they have to eat. Don't marginalize every single company. Makes you sound like an idiot.

• Like 1

I have a feeling you have a peice of shit computer and only came to this game for the mod because you cant get it on your precious fagbox or gaystation. A true PC gamer can afford his/her own hobby, now please leave the talking to the adults :)

Did you really just try to say you were an adult after needlessly flaming the guy and saying "fagbox" and "gaystation"? Sure thing kid.

• Like 7

Hopefully it's better optimised than the current engine.

I actually do know what I am saying...first off there's a large emphasis on pvp, why? Because the Arma II is a military simulator. Fair enough for a survival game but that's all there is to Dayz in my opinion. If the engine isn't made specifically for DayZ then how is it going to work any better than it is now? Since it's Arma IIIs engine it's made specifically for Arma III. He should only go stand alone if he created an engine specifically made for DayZ, I can't really see DayZ going any further with ARMAs engine. He should just keep the game as a mod. Either way to make the game a proper release he has a shit load of work to do. If he has access to the source code then yeah he can fix engine related bugs and mess around with it during whatever stage it's at but I would rather wait for a proper DayZ release with it's own engine or a more suitable one rather than one that its currently in my opinion, failing on.

Why do you think a new game needs its own engine to overcome the limitations of its mod predecessor? Engines aren't designed for individual games, for instance the Unreal engines have powered hundreds of PC releases. This will make no difference to the massively increased ability to control development as a result of shifting from a mod to a standalone title.

• Like 3

After spending a good 15 minutes reading up to this point , i must say...there are a lot of douche bag remarks in here. From the Computer Enthusiast Nazis to the Console bashing...what the hell is your guys problem? It doesn't make you a hardcore gamer to bash ones PC Specs and console preference, it makes you a asshole. Understand the difference.

• Like 1

And yet the amnesia devs used the money to hire more team members instead of increasing their pay, Bohemia itself seems focused on being able to take pride in their work. CD Projekt has stated that they started GoG.com because they missed the old games they played.

People do things because they enjoy them, they charge for them because they have to eat. Don't marginalize every single company. Makes you sound like an idiot.

And why do they hire more team members? So their company can make more money. Not to mention hiring a tiny indie team who produced the wankstain that was Dear Esther to make and probably ruin the next Amnesia game.

Ok so does this mean I'm gonna need like a 10 core quantum processor at 1,000,000,000,000 Ghz and about 500 terabytes of ram nitrogen cooled to play this? Because thats what I think is about to happen. <_<

Yup. Bohemia have spent the last year and a half building a new game that only governments will be able to play. Sorry.....this game is not for the people.

Edited by SystemiK

The minimum specs for Arma 3 are incredibly reasonable and it's been stated numerous times that if you can run Arma2 well, you will be able to run Arma3 well.

Would you really want DayZ to go standalone on the pathetic Arma2 engine it's run on now? It's ugly, clunky, hackable as all hell and is missing a huge amount of wonderful features that the Arma3 one has.

Stop stressing!

Edited by Switch

I have a feeling you have a peice of shit computer and only came to this game for the mod because you cant get it on your precious fagbox or gaystation. A true PC gamer can afford his/her own hobby, now please leave the talking to the adults :)

Just a guess:

You are in your first job for ...6 months now.

You are a high school graduate, but no university degree.

Am I right? :)

• Like 2

lol, I don't know how Rocket can spend 5 hours a day looking at threads like these and keep sane, so many douches, so many closed minded opinions and superiority complexes, it would drive me nuts (reading just 3 pages of this shit has melted my frontal lobe already!) I suppose the only reason I torture my eyes with this drivel is for those little slithers of intelligence that sit between the cracks of crud...

oh, and whoop! Very excited for the standalone version :)

I hope we get more options for skins /camoflage/ghillie's

in the real world you can veg up your ghillie to suit the terrain you're in.

we need some kind of "pick leaves" option so when we move to a new area we can conceal effectively.

Ok so does this mean I'm gonna need like a 10 core quantum processor at 1,000,000,000,000 Ghz and about 500 terabytes of ram nitrogen cooled to play this? Because thats what I think is about to happen. <_<

No you just need a half decent PC instead of some POS people try and play on

I actually do know what I am saying...first off there's a large emphasis on pvp, why? Because the Arma II is a military simulator. Fair enough for a survival game but that's all there is to Dayz in my opinion. If the engine isn't made specifically for DayZ then how is it going to work any better than it is now? Since it's Arma IIIs engine it's made specifically for Arma III. He should only go stand alone if he created an engine specifically made for DayZ, I can't really see DayZ going any further with ARMAs engine. He should just keep the game as a mod. Either way to make the game a proper release he has a shit load of work to do. If he has access to the source code then yeah he can fix engine related bugs and mess around with it during whatever stage it's at but I would rather wait for a proper DayZ release with it's own engine or a more suitable one rather than one that its currently in my opinion, failing on.

you have no fucking idea how hard is it to make an engine.

Do you understand why Unreal Engine is STILL being used in new games today?

Arma has great reality baked right in to it and most games have nothing near as complex. Just look at the ghillie in COD they are wank!

• Like 1

I bet the game will force you to ride a hover bike down a canal basin, while dull alien clone soldiers shoot at you a lot.

Edited by disorder

how on earth are there still people bemoaning the arma engine, BIS etc? dont your wrists get tired? dont you realise the deal is done, you were wrong and its time to fuck off?

if your PC cant handle it just upgrade or jump off a cliff, who gives a fuck

the EXPERTS are running this show, BIS. everyone in their right mind is excited about this

• Like 1

'ArmA was designed for a pretty broad purpose, but it was designed as a military simulator," Hall said in an interview with Ars.The purpose of DayZ is very different, so that's why it needs to make the transition'

Seriously?! its not about money?! Naaaaaaaaah..

Excuse me, but what do you actually think games are about? Pleasing every customer so they feel good about themselves? They make games to make money.

It's a win , win situation. Rocket has obviously negotiated himself into a position where he is in total charge of the project. So we get the game according to his vision, which luckily he sticks to regardless of the shite posted on these forums, and they get to make money.

Everyone is happy , and a project that is making money gets supported.

Long live Dayz.

Hopefully it's better optimised than the current engine.

According to Bohemia they worked on the netcode, it supports 200 players now and should have less laggy situations...

Valves source engine was created for fps games and only plays fps games. *fires up dota2*

Trust me, they can do whatever they want with access to source code.

The game is following the minecraft model (No micro transactions, no monthly fees, you pay once and you get the full game including content updates). Guild Wars (B2P) follows this model however Major content packs cost $20 (These add 20+ hours of extra gameplay + features + zones etc and are released anually or every 6 months). Both models work well and are fair. ArenaNet has been doing very well and so has Mojang. Both of these models would work well.

Sooooo They're making a stand alone dayz game.... Does that mean that this will never go past Alpha??