Bo0G

New Menu-Based Gear Usage

The new gear usage system seems to be breaking a lot of other mechanics in the game. I also find it to be a bit clunky.

Have you considered scripting in a separate "DayZ Interaction button"? Similar to the ACE mod, you could have one key that brings up a menu of all actions that are DayZ specific like eating, chopping wood, transfusions, etc.

Maybe have one bindable key for DayZ Self-Interaction (eating, drinking, bandage, etc) and one for all other interaction (repairing vehicles, transfusions, etc).

good idea IMHO.

Its a bit of a pain to give other people things like painkillers, morphine and epi-pens now.. ive wasted lots of medical supplies trying to use it on sumone else but i end up using it on myself.

Its a bit of a pain to give other people things like painkillers' date=' morphine and epi-pens now.. ive wasted lots of medical supplies trying to use it on sumone else but i end up using it on myself.

[/quote']

Exactly. With 2 bindable commands we could simplify AND streamline the use of items. SELF-INTERACTION to use bandages on yourself. ENVIRONMENT INTERACTION to use them on another survivor.

It's the same item, but the way you access it determines how it will be used.