Sign in to follow this  
deancolt45

Bad losers and accusations of hackers.

I just came on tonight and far too many threads have hacker in the title, I am not meaning to be inflammatory or make some over bloated point, but enough, the game is by no means perfect and the majority of threads I have seen could be put down to the poster being a bad player. I would like some kind of official answer, if possible about the hackers. I have had a 100 deaths all of which I would say are suspect but to blame hackers as consistently as others seems mad, the game is far from utilized, it is an alpha build and I feel people do need to get some perspective. Feel free to flame.

Do you even play the game? People aren't talking about suspicious kills, they are talking about someone spawning 50 helicopters, teleporting everyone to the moon, the middle of the ocean, thunderdome (a deathmatch arena from mad max), turning you into a sheep, goat, zombie, spawning things that aren't even in the game such as jets and police cars and being invincible.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I think that there are servers that you die on join .... but as far as hackers ... I think that people are just salty about dieing.

Yes I play the game lots and what I am referring to is the people that said, "I shot this guy in the face and he did not die, he is a hacker", I have no idea what other things you are speaking of and if they happen, fair enough, clearly hackers, but what I am referring to is the constant stream of threads with a similar story to what I just said. I have played 200 hours, I have had some dubious things happen to me, I do not cry constantly that it is hackers though. I have though recently been posting to ask people what is possible, how many shots to kill a man etc, I have not once though assumed it was a hacker because I am useless at games, like many of these posters seem to be.

Edited by deancolt45
  • Like 1

I think that there are servers that you die on join .... but as far as hackers ... I think that people are just salty about dieing.

Have you ever heard of youtube?? From hackers happy to hack, to them showing you HOW to hack.... its all there man. Not to mention many of these threads have video proof.

LOL I wanna play on your servers cause ours are being hacked to death. I thought I would risk logging on last night as a couple of friends were on, No shit, I logged in and was cautiously doing a 360 when a message comes on screen 'Goat Zoo', I quickly exited the game, spoke to friends and they had been summoned to a spot and turned into goats.

Now where I come from this is a hack.

I am going to give DayZ a break and await a next patch or something.

Pretty sure you are just bad at the game Arch, get some skills.

LOL I wanna play on your servers cause ours are being hacked to death. I thought I would risk logging on last night as a couple of friends were on, No shit, I logged in and was cautiously doing a 360 when a message comes on screen 'Goat Zoo', I quickly exited the game, spoke to friends and they had been summoned to a spot and turned into goats.

Now where I come from this is a hack.

I am going to give DayZ a break and await a next patch or something.

Lol that was the kind of response I was hoping for, yes that is hackers, clearly, all the threads i seem to hit though is along the lines of what I said before. The game is inconsistant and a few times that has been reflected in my own experience, never had anything quite as strange as the above though.

Yeah, I guess when I got warped across the map and shot at, it was my lack of skill.

My mistake OP

Hacks are there, they're even public and that's the problem. All those kiddies leeching public shit pretending to be cool mothafuckas.

Bohemia or whoever developed this piece of shit called "BattleEye" seem to not care that much about the problem, as people still buy and play the game.

Battleeye isn't the problem, the engine is designed to allow scripting on purpose, it won't be resolved until standalone.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Yeah, I guess when I got warped across the map and shot at, it was my lack of skill.

My mistake OP

Am i the original poster because I don't remember singling you out as having a "lack of skill", what I do remember however is referring to the many threads posted tonight on here and without being specific, wondering why everyone is suddenly a hacker in this game. At no point does what I said suggest there is no hackers, it only suggests that people are quick to "cry wolf" form what I have read.

I guess I should have been better player and dodged that truck that fell outta the sky two days ago....

Hacking is rampant in this game though. In the past weekend of playing with some friends, we have come across many people with all the best gear (they often come in pairs with the exact same gear - probable duping going on). We've also looted a lot of illegal guns too (Silenced Makarov, silenced PDW, M4A3 HOLO SD (not CCO, HOLO) and some thermal sniper rifle).

I'd go as far as to say there are more illegitimately obtained high end weapons than there are legally obtained high end weapons.... You just don't stroll around Cherno/Elektro with a 50cal strapped to your shoulder unless you can afford to lose it - and everyone can afford to lose them nowadays. I wonder why that is....

Then there's the hackers that nuke the server or teleport people to the sky... and admins who restart the server when they die or lose a vehicle (Emergency restart my arse).

The only shout of "hacks" that is usually wrong is the "I shot him and he didn't die" argument. There are some people who are invulnerable through hacks - but the vast majority of the time it's the crappy netcode of this game that can take seconds to register hits. Yes.... seconds. Imagine playing COD or BF3 or any FPS multiplayer game with a ping that's in the 1000's. That's what DayZ gunplay is like a lot of the time, and people cry foul play when in actual fact it's just the inherent lag that's in this game.

Edited by redsh1rt

Hacking is rampant in this game though. In the past weekend of playing with some friends, we have come across many people with all the best gear (they often come in pairs with the exact same game - probably duping going on). We've also looted a lot of illegal guns too (Silenced Makarov, silenced PDW, M4A3 HOLO SD (not CCO, HOLO) and some thermal sniper rifle).

I'd go as far as to say there are more illegitimate obtained high end weapons than there are legally obtained high end weapons.... You just don't stroll around Cherno/Elektro with a 50cal strapped to your shoulder unless you can afford to lose it - and everyone can afford to lose them nowadays. I wonder why that is....

Then there's the hackers that nuke the server or teleport people to the sky... and admins who restart the server when they die or lose a vehicle (Emergency restart my arse).

The only shout of "hacks" that is usually wrong is the "I shot him and he didn't die" argument. There are some people who are invulnerable through hacks - but the vast majority of the time it's the crappy netcode of this game that can take seconds to register hits. Yes.... seconds. Imagine playing COD or BF3 or any FPS multiplayer game with a ping that's in the 1000's. That's what DayZ gunplay is like a lot of the time, and people cry foul play when in actual fact it's just the inherent lag that's in this game.

Completely agree with all of that statement, thank you for an actual opinion, that didn't involve me somehow accusing people of being bad players lol. I have been wondering myself how widespread the hacking is and what you are saying makes sense.

i even had fraps running while looting a barn when suddenly everybody on the server died. everyone at the same time for no reason. well except that one little s.o.b. made a hack..

other than that i only had the usual alpha bug deaths while running for about 150 hours now...

mostly playing on europe servers though since i'm from switzerland

i even had fraps running while looting a barn when suddenly everybody on the server died. everyone at the same time for no reason. well except that one little s.o.b. made a hack..

other than that i only had the usual alpha bug deaths while running for about 150 hours now...

mostly playing on europe servers though since i'm from switzerland

I don't know so don't think I am undermining your point, but could that be an admin maybe abusing his power? I have no idea, have somehow I avoided it so far.

^ Nope

I don't know so don't think I am undermining your point, but could that be an admin maybe abusing his power? I have no idea, have somehow I avoided it so far.

Admins basically cant do anything but kicking ppl...

Even when you know who is the hacker its hard to prove if you are not running fraps when shit happens to go down, so many times you just ban them and hope they do not file a report...

It does seem unfair how limited admin control is, I know it's to protect the purity of the game and overall it is probably a good decision. But I can imagine it is difficult if you have forked out all this money just to feel powerless as unable to enjoy the game. I stand by the fact though that the vast majority of people that have claimed to of been hacked, are just bad losers. The game is unforgiving to a degree I have personally never witnessed before and this is why I love it. The last mod to even rival this for me was the original Red Orchestra. But reading these forums, for every legitimate claim of hacking, I reckon I could find five that are clearly attributed to bad playing. Bottom line is if you are a bad loser. Avoid this game.

You're right mate, and I wish games actually had a maturity rating upon them that was enforceable. The people moaning about being hacked, outplayed. They shouldn't even be playing this game, I'm not being elitist I'm just being my age. I'd like to play a game where I'm not surrounded by immature losers and apparently no matter how steep the learning curve is, they are still here. And secondly on a separate note, more mature players value team work rather than senseless killing and the overall world of dayz would be better off.

The very last two servers I joined...

First one, a dude sneaks up on my buddy and I in a completely random spot and starts shooting an M4 SD at us. My friend hits him 3 times with the AS50, I hit him once. He still lives, kills my buddy, and I just DCed because I wasn't going to put up with that bullshit. Next server I joined, I get teleported to a campfire with a dude playing the song that is playing in "American Psycho" when he kills the dude with an axe (I wonder what the hackers intentions were...) I just ran to the UAZ that was conveniently right there and drove off yelling into the microphone and the dude kept teleporting on me trying to shoot at me (he was extremely bad) he then teleported every vehicle on the map to his location (including mine) and i somehow was able to drive away again. I just ended up disconnecting after he started shooting M203 rounds at me.

Of you want instant gratification and can't accept that maybe, just maybe you aren't the best player out there.... Just go back to call of duty. You will be happier as a game... And that's fine.

Huey Lewis and the news? Hip to be square? Sounds like that would of been an awesome gaming experience

Edited by deancolt45