Sign in to follow this  
nathiesk

Rare encounters?

I've been reading around the forums a bit, including the 'Urban Legends' thread.

I've been thinking, that it would be an idea to add rare random encounters? Could be anything from a very deformed zombie (think Slenderman) to a burning forest (nevermind, realised that already exists).

Sorry if it's been suggested before.

Or if they already exist...

Edited by nathiesk
  • Like 1

Back before Dayz there were thousands of Bigfoot sightings on ARMA/OFP yet all the screenshots are blurry or out of focus.

I like the idea of randomness. Like the heli crashes, just more variety. From crashed ambulances, tanks, planes to overrun miltary checkpoints with 30 or so Zeds.

• Like 1

I've been reading around the forums a bit, including the 'Urban Legends' thread.

I've been thinking, that it would be an idea to add rare random encounters? Could be anything from a very deformed zombie (think Slenderman) to a burning forest (nevermind, realised that already exists).

Sorry if it's been suggested before.

Or if they already exist...

Vampires would be a good touch to the game.

Vampires would be a good touch to the game.

OH! OH! OH! TEAM EDWARD! TEAM EDWARD!

Edited by Redfield
  • Like 2

I was actually about to post the same topic - luckily I backed out to check if anyone had.

But yeah, I agree. We need a GTA SA Bigfoot/Leatherface/Area 51 - or legendary animals like on Red Dead Redemption. Or the ''lost'' island on Just Cause 2 where the weather would turn rough and planes would get tesla coil'd out of the sky. Urban Legends are awesome and many hours extra gameplay could come from peoples imagination through rumors, little in game hints and ''sightings''. But actually legit. Hell as a kid I spent hours with a sniper rifle in ''Back O Beyond'' in GTA SA cuz of the car that randomly roll'd down a hill and the bigfoot rumors! Forums buzz'd with possible news and sightings back in the day. UFO's/random flying jets or super rare weapons. Treasure maps that mark loot spawns or ''last known sightings'' of stuff. Mini easter eggs, you name it. I could be here all day!

• Like 1

Hellhounds.

Not the call of duty ones that try to maul you, but the classic hellhound. The type that causes you to die if you see 3 hellhounds (but for dayZ, if 5 hellhounds see you, you'll take heavy damage)

Also, weird things flying though the sky, could be in. Finally, some form of ghostly melee weapon, that you need to catch to use, because it hovers away from players!

Other survivors are rare encounters. Kill em' for some nice loot.

Eh, I don't really know if I'd like to see something like this in Day Z. I don't really think it would suit what Day Z is.

Realistic rare encounters would be nice. Like maybe a crashed medic truck on a road in the middle of the map. That would be a nice encounter to be able to get meds outside of the hospitals. I'm not really up for the whole "Super Zombie" rare encounter kinda thing.... but some more encounters like the crashed heli would fit in nicely.

I'd like encounters with nature within the forest... run into a grizzly or a pack of wolves or something along those lines... even deadly snakes.

• Like 1

threads getting abit stupid!! (entertaining but stupid) lol

but random encounters like chopper flyover from npc military or jets whizzing by on the odd occasion, someone once mentioned events like med drops from choppers and food drops etc i like this as an idea.

But generally think this mods gonna slooooooow down alot now im afraid and stuck on a back burner while all effort go's to standalone so lets just hope this kind of stuff makes the standalone

Maybe a UFO abducts you then probes you and after they bring you back you cant walk straight for DAYZ!

WTF???

Maybe a UFO abducts you then probes you and after they bring you back you cant walk straight for DAYZ!

DIAF u damn tool.... Go troll somewhere else.

I say add wolves and make them Smart, so they Stalk you and attack wen you're week as in real life.

Wolves howling in the night, i think they will fit nicely in the world of dayz.

• Like 1