Carneshiver

Please no classes,leveling,currency! Just Skins

As I said I dont want classes, leveling, or currency because that would turn DayZ into something its not... A complicated MMO where people go killing things for acheivments and crap. I like the simple hardcore survival structure it has.. All I really want are three simple skins to help make the games trust better....

Bandit Skin- The old bandit skin which you get for killing survivors who didnt shoot at you first. Bandits would know only to team up with other bandits... Only way to get survivor skin back is to stop killing survivors...

Survivor Skin- The default skin. If you heal people and team up and do good things you will get skin below if you kill survivors who didnt fire at you first.... Then you turn to bandit skin.

Hero Skin- Survivors who heal people and stay kill free get the hero skin... If you go dark then you will go back to survivor skin then even to bandit skin....

Survivors and heroes can kill bandits and not have consequences and after you die you have the same skin you died with...

Yah I know I sound like I dont want the shooting on sight rule of Dayz but there literally is no trust in the game whatsoever. Think if A real zombie apocalypse happened... I know you claim you would kill people for stuff but you wouldnt... ever... If you thought you were one of the last people left in the nation would you really kill someone on sight for their stuff? No you wouldnt cause you would do anything you can to get out of solitary and feel their were other people alive just like you... I mean look at ' I Am Legend' for example... I know their would be a few exceptions but those would only be people who were crooks and robbers before the apocalypse. I just want to throw all the people who think they would kill everyone sight (including whiteboy7thst whose responsible for getting lots of cod players into this game) into a broken down town and see if they would all kill eachother for no reason... nope they would stick together till the end and cry and whine if they were by themselves.

The point is, the no trust thing in this game is ridiculous. I want more realistic encounters

• Like 1

It's in Russia

Everyone is a Lonewolf badass....

Which "I am Legend"? I am assuming you reference the film, because in the book trusting that lone survivor does not work out so well... While I would like to see a wider variety of skins in the game I think moving away from label skins such as bandit and survivor was a wise decision.

I agree I don't think Classes, Leveling or currency of any kind will add to it.

I like how the players are forced to find their own thing to do, it develops the most interesting stories!

• Like 1

Which "I am Legend"? I am assuming you reference the film, because in the book trusting that lone survivor does not work out so well... While I would like to see a wider variety of skins in the game I think moving away from label skins such as bandit and survivor was a wise decision.

I am waiting for the day when I get robbed for my equipment rather than shot

well.. i would kill on sight or atleast bang your head with a stick or something and rob you... wouldn't care much for teamwork since it allways breaks sooner or later and then you just don't want to play anymore.... atleast that's how i feel... so im happy about bringer skins back so we actually can see from the start of the game how the people are.. i mean if i see a bandit skin i will shoot before he shoots but if i saw a medic skin or just a normal surviver then i would wait and see if your doing loot runs or such.. rob you and then get easy loot.. its a harsh world

As I said I dont want classes, leveling, or currency because that would turn DayZ into something its not... A complicated MMO where people go killing things for acheivments and crap. I like the simple hardcore survival structure it has.. All I really want are three simple skins to help make the games trust better....

Bandit Skin- The old bandit skin which you get for killing survivors who didnt shoot at you first. Bandits would know only to team up with other bandits... Only way to get survivor skin back is to stop killing survivors...

Survivor Skin- The default skin. If you heal people and team up and do good things you will get skin below if you kill survivors who didnt fire at you first.... Then you turn to bandit skin.

Hero Skin- Survivors who heal people and stay kill free get the hero skin... If you go dark then you will go back to survivor skin then even to bandit skin....

Survivors and heroes can kill bandits and not have consequences and after you die you have the same skin you died with...

Yah I know I sound like I dont want the shooting on sight rule of Dayz but there literally is no trust in the game whatsoever. Think if A real zombie apocalypse happened... I know you claim you would kill people for stuff but you wouldnt... ever... If you thought you were one of the last people left in the nation would you really kill someone on sight for their stuff? No you wouldnt cause you would do anything you can to get out of solitary and feel their were other people alive just like you... I mean look at ' I Am Legend' for example... I know their would be a few exceptions but those would only be people who were crooks and robbers before the apocalypse. I just want to throw all the people who think they would kill everyone sight (including whiteboy7thst whose responsible for getting lots of cod players into this game) into a broken down town and see if they would all kill eachother for no reason... nope they would stick together till the end and cry and whine if they were by themselves.

The point is, the no trust thing in this game is ridiculous. I want more realistic encounters

did you read my topic? http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62846-skins-are-important-morphing-to-be-more-specific/

no? well im sure you would agree then.

Just did, I like everything you said except I just really want 3 basic skins... I dont want it to be a complicated game, just 3 easy to recognize skins

understandable i take it you just want vigilante medic and bandit? i agree i said in a post on that thread where i gave up on the thief skin since there is no non lethal approach (not really) but i think the experience survivor skin would be nice TBH since every post apocalyptic setting has some kind of hermit character who has survived a long time and has a bunch of junk and stuff.

i think the only skins we need are those you will use to customize your character when you start the game, that's it..

having multiple skins (bandit, zombie hunter, hero, mother teresa etc.) won't do any good if you can change your appearance just by wearing clothes..

i watched some interviews where Rocket was talking about this stuff and i really liked his ideas.. the heartbeat thing, having your hands soaked with blood from looting a freshly killed body.. things like that.. i think we should think of ways of getting a HINT about the players we encounter in the world not ways of labeling the players..

so this dude has blood on his hands... maybe he killed someone, maybe he killed a bandit.. should i shoot him? or maybe i can take advantage of the fact he did not see me and watch him for a while to get to know more about him, to see if it is safe to approach him..

to me this is part of the whole experience..

there are bandits killing on sight? yes, the world is a dangerous place.. use stealth

you hate bandits for killing on sight? get a group of people, hunt bandits, kill them, over and over and over again..

start a war..

skins are not the best solution, maybe it's an easy one.. but we do not want that

i think the only skins we need are those you will use to customize your character when you start the game, that's it..

having multiple skins (bandit, zombie hunter, hero, mother teresa etc.) won't do any good if you can change your appearance just by wearing clothes..

i watched some interviews where Rocket was talking about this stuff and i really liked his ideas.. the heartbeat thing, having your hands soaked with blood from looting a freshly killed body.. things like that.. i think we should think of ways of getting a HINT about the players we encounter in the world not ways of labeling the players..

so this dude has blood on his hands... maybe he killed someone, maybe he killed a bandit.. should i shoot him? or maybe i can take advantage of the fact he did not see me and watch him for a while to get to know more about him, to see if it is safe to approach him..

to me this is part of the whole experience..

there are bandits killing on sight? yes, the world is a dangerous place.. use stealth

you hate bandits for killing on sight? get a group of people, hunt bandits, kill them, over and over and over again..

start a war..

skins are not the best solution, maybe it's an easy one.. but we do not want that

There is absolutely no trust in this game, The skin idea would reestablish trust. The blood idea is kinda dumb because nobody would take the chance and they would shoot him on sight. Maybe there could be an armband or hat or something that marked a bandit,hero,or survivor

Edited by Carneshiver

Just did, I like everything you said except I just really want 3 basic skins... I dont want it to be a complicated game, just 3 easy to recognize skins

Simple is boring, get an IQ so you can handle more complexity in your life. Also how do skins even make things more complicated? Mandatory skins are stupid and unrealistic. You should not be able to tell someone is a bandit from a distance(unless you witness him murdering another.)

Simple is boring, get an IQ so you can handle more complexity in your life. Also how do skins even make things more complicated? Mandatory skins are stupid and unrealistic. You should not be able to tell someone is a bandit from a distance(unless you witness him murdering another.)

...Or you saw them casually go through a dead body as if they've done it before. Or if they size people up like prey. Or if they smile when they find a corpse....

By the way, if you form groups with your friends online and organize teams through internet forums. If you use TeamSpeak, Mumble, or Ventrilo. If you use online maps in order to find loot. If you server hop. If you store things in a tent so you can go back to them after dying. If you prefer sniper rifles for their damage output over shotguns. If you have ever changed your character's name or skin.

You can't even participate in this discussion.

humanity is implemented, and its not just for stupid skins, i want the hero one, and it will be for how the world will treat you, or what type of loot or gameplay the system will encourage you more to do, a nightmare that will impose your dreams through your deepest and darkest desires. Just a note telling you its being made, just like karma from fallout

Id like to see in the new game a more in depth system on being able to tell the character of a survivor. Just like in real life, the things you do through out the day leaves its mark on you for the most part. like someone can tell if you are tired, stressed, or have been working hard. just like if you were to be a killer you would have signs of stress on your face. bottom line this game needs to establish a way of telling if someone is possibly safe to interact with and join up for awhile to safely loot a town, Ill be honest I dont trust anyone except my band of good friends in the game. If this doesnt stick with the game it will just turn into a senseless killing game. The fact that this is hardcore forces you to not trust someone, but if there was a way to do a risk to benefit when in encountering someone I would feel better about letting someone close to me.

If you update to 1.7.2.5, you'll see bandit skins. People with wraps around their heads are dangerous. People with scarves around their necks are the good guys. This system is incredibly difficult to exploit due to the amount of effort it takes, so if you approach a guy with a scarf around his neck and fingerless gloves, he's probably not going to kill you.

As long as you're not carrying a weapon.

No forced skins. It penalises a players choices and play styles. Players should make their own decision about other players. It adds that level of trust, betrayal and all that to make the game more of a "simple hardcore style survival". Adding skins will break that. However i can agree that choosing different skins or customising your character would be nice.