Sign in to follow this  
BiGoDeViN (DayZ)

The Golden Tent - Most Epic Loot Finds

A thread for epic loot stories. Whether you killed someone, found a dead body, or a group of tents in the woods. What was the best loot you found out of random?

(Loot piles count also)

Crashed heli today was my best find. 2x L85 AWS (one each for me n my buddy) 2x m249 SAW (left them both, too noisy) a DMR and an AS50, all with ammo.

• Like 1

I've found £20 notes on the back of the X1 from Blyth to Newcastle on several occasions

• Like 4

I've found £20 notes on the back of the X1 from Blyth to Newcastle on several occasions

Must have been a rare spawn. Think its a 0.39% chance of a £20 note, 3% chance of a half eaten meat an onion pie.

• Like 2

2x m249 SAW (left them both, too noisy)

Are you kidding me? They're pretty damn quiet, they use the same ammo as the M4/M16s, the stagnag, and according to dayzdb they're audible range is only 80m. Yeah, I know dayzdb isn't super accurate, but still. I wouldn't have passed those up man :(

Was two days ago. Me and my friend were on our way to check out a deer stand Near Stary Sobor when all of a sudden I hear a Heli fly over head, it faded for a few seconds then came back. I told my friend to get the fuck down and under cover as there was a heli over-head. A few seconds later the fumpfumpfumpfump faded and we hear a massive explosion Adrenaline high we headed towards the sound finding the crashed Heli in an open field (yes I know)

With my friend on over-watch I cautiously approach the downed heli. Alerted by a player skin standing upright I slowly crawled towards her (female skin) and realized the corpse just glitched. As I opened her Coyote Backpack she revealed to me a TWS, NVG 17 ( yes seventeen) Ghillie suits silenced pistols Satchel charges and a variety of other assorted goodies,

During the looting process the hacker whom seemingly crashed the heli teleported back to us and killed me and my friend after we both put several rounds into her chest.

• Like 1

Must have been a rare spawn. Think its a 0.39% chance of a £20 note, 3% chance of a half eaten meat an onion pie.

it's normally stottie crumbs, 20% spawn chance. but once. just once I got worn thong. must be 0.02% ?

• Like 1

Found an ATV once.

5 steaks, two boxes of matches, hunting knife, map, two watches...

Nightvision FN Fal, FN FAL, 2 CZ550's, Lee Enfield...

Are you kidding me? They're pretty damn quiet, they use the same ammo as the M4/M16s, the stagnag, and according to dayzdb they're audible range is only 80m. Yeah, I know dayzdb isn't super accurate, but still. I wouldn't have passed those up man :(

I picked up the L85 AWS and the AS50. My bud got DMR and L85 AWS. No room for it and its not really that useful in comparison to the others.

the m249 is not using the STANAG-mags. I am damn sure it is using the M249-ammo-belt because it is a machinegun and not an assault-rifle ;)

EDIT:

sorry I was wrong... but who would fire a m249 with Stanags? this would eat them damn quick

Edited by The L!ne
  • Like 1

Almost straight after i posted my best find, i broke my record :D

Logged into a server and prigordski was on fire. Went to check for a heli wreckage and found 4 burnt out crashed heli's (real ones not crash sites, hackers for definate). After searching for bodys for a while i found a ghillie sniper looting a guy by a spawned in ammo box. Introduced him to my AS50 at 2 feet distance. He had a hacked svd thermal and g36c sd. The guy next to him had an m4a1 cco sd and 10 mags. Took the cco sd and hid both the bodys so no hacked guns got into circulation. But not before i took the rangefinder x2, NVG x2, GPSx2 and a coyote backpack which i later realized had 2 satchel charges in. Chears you hacking mofo's :D

Found a tent with 32 ghillies in it today. Safe to say I never took them all xD That wasnt even half the good loot. Going back tonight!

I've almost found everything during my playtime, mostly in tents and vehicles (we are scavengers :o ) and a few goodies on people we have killed. However, I have never even seen an m249, m4a1 sd or an L85 yet.

Edited by teamRAVEGREEN

the m249 is not using the STANAG-mags. I am damn sure it is using the M249-ammo-belt because it is a machinegun and not an assault-rifle ;)

Wikipedia: The M249 is gas operated and air-cooled. It has a quick-change barrel, allowing the gunner to rapidly replace an overheated or jammed barrel. A folding bipod is attached near the front of the gun, though an M192 LGM tripod is also available. It can be fed from both linked ammunition and STANAG magazines, like those used in the M16 and M4. This allows the SAW gunner to use rifleman's magazines as an emergency source of ammunition in the event that he runs out of linked rounds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M249

• Like 1

m249 can use any stanag mag and the 200rd belts.

Dude last night the clan and I found like 5 cars with 7 tents full of high tech weapons with night vision and thermal, a ton of medical supplies and tools. We took, along with our UAZ, one hatchback and one pick up, then today we went back and took a bus.

I destroy camps, I have found most items and lost them under trees near campsites. I have even filled up backpacks full of gear and dropped them in water or in animal carcasses. Not a fan of hoarding stuff!

Everyday is Christmas!

Spied on a player from a hill once who was in a barn. He inexplicably fell from the top level, seemingly breaking his legs whilst getting munched on by Zeds.

After laughing at his death i cautiously made my way to his body. He was fully geared up with everything under the sun. Except morphine - ha ha! He must have been mightily pissed off.

our group found a truck once at berenzino. Near the northern apartments close to the train station. It had like everything on it. 6 NVG´s, severall AS50 and such. We took what we could carry and then blew the truck up. :)

on DE 10, there is a tent city with 14 obviously duped tents, which all have been pitched in one straight row, clipping into each other.

all of them had shitloads of high end gear. as50 & l85 + ammo, nvg, gps, ghillie, vehicle parts, coyote packs.

i almost ran past the site because it looked in another direction when i ran by.

i found the site in its very initial state with every tent having exact 3 backpacks, 10 weapons or tools, other slots filled to the max with goodies.

the funny thing is, the cheater/duper must have been there shortly before,

because one tent was packed up on the ground, inside one of the other tents, so couldn't be seen unless you look right into the tent.

it's normally stottie crumbs, 20% spawn chance. but once. just once I got worn thong. must be 0.02% ?

Who was wearing the thong?