renpab80@gmail.com

Cheating death through disconnects

This should be on top of the fix list...permadeath is one of the main features of the mod. The sad part is, this works 100% all the time. We need a logout timer asap, 20-30 sec. Cheating like that just defeats the whole concept of surviving.

Use the "search" feature next time please. A lot of threads similar to this.

I think the fact that there are constantly new threads about it isn't strange.

Its probably the biggest issue with this game right now. Its supposed to be survival, but you can just instant quite from any tricky sitiuation...

I hope they will find a solution.

Until it is fixed then don't instaquit... A bit of self discipline goes a long way lol.

You got yourself into the situation, only yourself to blame end of the day.

I think the fact that there are constantly new threads about it isn't strange.

Its probably the biggest issue with this game right now. Its supposed to be survival' date=' but you can just instant quite from any tricky sitiuation...

I hope they will find a solution.

[/quote']

exactly, i know this isn't fresh news at all, but its just such a major flaw that you can't overlook it. You gotta wonder why this isn't hotfixed instead of adding new features etc.

exactly' date=' i know this isn't fresh news at all, but its just such a major flaw that you can't overlook it. You gotta wonder why this isn't hotfixed instead of adding new features etc.

[/quote']Because it's not as simple as "hey let's just make a hotfix and it will be done with". They need to find a good solution first, a good one which will work from whenever they do it until the game is released. There have been a lot of things suggested and they are probably weighing their options and heavily. This may be an important issue but in this stage of the development it's really not as big of an issue as people think or even what I would consider a main priority.

I have said this quite a few times and it needs to sink in for people more, everyone needs to stop putting so much emphasis on advancing in the game but rather realizing what stage it is in and just play it to find more things which need to be worked on. Sure enjoyment of the game is part of the equation here but it's not exactly the point or most important thing at this juncture.

Everyone needs a little more patience, all good things will come in due time.

Maybe once the netcode it a tad more stable. EVE Online has a similar feature, where you're ship stays in-universe if you DC. Unfortunately, as fleet fights have grown into the thousands, there have been instances that I have personally been a part of where entire fleets have failed to load upon warping in, and thousands of ships are just sitting targets. I have both won and lost star systems with my alliance because of this, and each sucks.

Granted, a 5-15 second timer in DayZ should be more than sufficient due to the fragility of your character. Logging off when someone has eyes on would pretty much be just a new way to hit the respawn key.

rocket said he had a fix for this, but he never mentioned the timetable for deploying it.

If I was a betting man though, my guess would be that it will be a 20-30 second timer for your character to leave the game world

rocket said he had a fix for this' date=' but he never mentioned the timetable for deploying it.

If I was a betting man though, my guess would be that it will be a 20-30 second timer for your character to leave the game world

[/quote']If that is the case you better still have full in game functionality or there are going to be some serious issues.

There's a fix for this actually.

A pretty easy one. Not the cleanest.

I'm sure everyone of you have already been in KO / unconscious state ?

See, when you are in KO state, you can't press any button, even ESCAPE, you can't do shit. The only thing you can do is ALT+F4, and even if you do that you will be in the same situation when reconnecting to the server.

Simply make : get hit by bullet = K.O state in any cases. Problem solved. The guy can only ALT+F4 and will still get fucked if he reconnect.

Not the best solution, but probably the easiest one.

Just yesterday I shot at two people with my AK, but due to server lag they quite literally warped 20-30 meters behind where they were on my screen, and they were still lagging (as in I couldn't see where they actually were)... all I knew is I just took 8,000 damage and I wasn't going to die due to fucking lag when they both would have been dead due to my close range AK, so I disconnected.

Fix performance before anything.

See' date=' when you are in KO state, you can't press any button, even ESCAPE, you can't do shit. The only thing you can do is ALT+F4, and even if you do that you will be in the same situation when reconnecting to the server.

Simply make : get hit by bullet = K.O state in any cases. Problem solved. The guy can only ALT+F4 and will still get fucked if he reconnect.

[/quote']

Wow fun so you will automatically end up in K.O state if hit by a makarov? The K.O state doesn't mean your toast. they guy can still leave, join another server hope he wakes up, or gets a friend ready to revive him.

It would also not solv any problems with just disconnecting from sitiutations before he got hit. Like lets say hes surrounded in a airfield hangar.

It would also not solve them problem with people just DCing when they got Zed aggro.

The game needs to keep the character for 20-30 sec after DC. Its the only solution i can come up with.

No idea if its possible though. But it better be...otherwise the best surviviors will only be the most lame cowards that can Alt F4 from any tricky sitiuation.

See' date=' when you are in KO state, you can't press any button, even ESCAPE, you can't do shit. The only thing you can do is ALT+F4, and even if you do that you will be in the same situation when reconnecting to the server.

[/quote']

Wow fun so you will automatically end up in K.O state if hit by a makarov? The K.O state doesn't mean your toast. they guy can still leave, join another server hope he wakes up, or gets a friend ready to revive him.

It would also not solv any problems with just disconnecting from sitiutations before he got hit. Like lets say hes surrounded in a airfield hangar.

It would also not solve them problem with people just DCing when they got Zed aggro.

The game needs to keep the character for 20-30 sec after DC. Its the only solution i can come up with.

No idea if its possible though. But it better be...otherwise the best surviviors will only be the most lame cowards that can Alt F4 from any tricky sitiuation.

I agree that the server persistence at logout/DC is the best idea if its able to be coded.

Many people who get asrvice interruption will be upset but there will be far fewer connection mishaps than intentional player DC's just to get out of combat.

I don't think a timer is the way to go. I mean the player could log off normally in a safe spot and when they come back to the game find they've been killed by someone who happened upon them idling 20 seconds after. I really don't think there's anything to be done about using disconnects to get out of a jam without potentially screwing over players who aren't abusing it.

What should be done is for players who are unconscious or bleeding, a disconnect should be considered an instant death. That'll stop the worst offenses, when you move in to finish someone off and see them disappear in front of your eyes.

20' date='000 threads for this already exist

[/quote']

Now there is 20,001 HA!

No one looks through evey post and yes the search option is spotty.

I too was an Eve-Online player. and something similar would work here.

A 2 minute aggro timer.. so if you shoot you activate the timer.

With the aggro timer active you will remain in world for 2 mins after you disconnect.

No aggro timer you vanish as normal

I too was an Eve-Online player. and something similar would work here.

A 2 minute aggro timer.. so if you shoot you activate the timer.

With the aggro timer active you will remain in world for 2 mins after you disconnect.

No aggro timer you vanish as normal

So your victims can still disconnect ?? nah...

don't think a timer is the way to go. I mean the player could log off normally in a safe spot and when they come back to the game find they've been killed by someone who happened upon them idling 20 seconds after. I really don't think there's anything to be done about using disconnects to get out of a jam without potentially screwing over players who aren't abusing it.

Don't think so. Should work like a MMORPG Logout...when you log off normally you get a 20-30 sec timer that counts down to zero. When you reach zero you have logged out and only then you are save.

So, find a safe spot to log out, wilderness etc. Fixing the current state of this exploit far outweighs any security related issues that happen in a 20-30 sec window...

I saw a great example of this today, a bandit and a survivor having a shootout on a stairwell, I turn up and shoot the survivor only for both of them to log out so their bodies and kit instantly disappears

Eh WoW did it right. Put a timer that is instantly canceled by damage/movement/shooting etc.

Don't leave a character unattended for 30 seconds AFTER your client closes. Just make sure the person sits there watching the screen for the full 30 seconds. That way if you get shot at you can at least try and run away (Whilst breaking the log off cycle.)

Problem with that, Sidion, is that nothing stops people from pulling an Alt-F4, or a direct kill of the process in Task Manager.

The only viable solution I see would incorporate some sort of detection system that'll keep track of whether you're "engaged".

For Zs, this could be as simple as not allowing you to log out within a certain distance of any Z(s).

For players, I'd assume it'd be a lot more complicated.