Sign in to follow this  
polli

I´ve short banned two players for anti-social behavior DE 397

Hi All

Today i have banned two players for 7 days for anti-social behavior. What has happend?

First of all i know that banning people is not allowed in most cases. Also the way i´ve done today.

But: As I logged in today at our camp i found... nothing. All our cars and stuff was away. First i thougt that was a server issue and I done a restart. Still away. So i decided to had a view in the logs.

After hours of reading i found out that two guys had driven our cars into the docks of Berezino. We had a Ural, Bus, Pick up, UAZ, GAZ, Hatchback and two ATV´s. Also a Motorbike and a Bicycle. All those vehicles was dropped into the water as i seen it in the coords from the log.

This was a great job from these both. And they have my full respect. But we would and had never destroyed vehicles and tents when we found them. Neither we steal all items and vehicles. We want a balance on our server and try to be fair to everyone. This server is not only our territory, it is for all, and every player can take a piece from the cake. Our Clan has 15 Members all those guys are great people with familys and friends and would never act like this.

We often find camps from other players. But we have never destroyed anything. What we´ve done was stealing a car when there was many more than one. But we leaved the most items in place.

I can understand there point in this act. They wan´t to play the good ones and a Sheriff for the betrayed. But you´re wrong guys. We never use cheats or exploits. We want enjoy the game inside the normal experience. I know there was tons of stuff in our vehicles. But the lost isn´t the bad. We will find new items. Thats one of the best points in this game. To start with nothing, and get more and better stuff as longer you play.

Also we are not responsible for the duping bug. We have tryed to destroy as much as possible, but all those items coming back.

You´ve done the only way we wan´t do. Drop it into the sea. We have packed all our stuff in the bus and destroyed it with a pipe bomb. After a server restart it was still back as happend nothing to it.

I´m sorry about the ban, but this is the only way for me to show these guys that there behavior was not right. You are still welcome after the 7 days. But please play fair and think objectiv before you do a rage action.

Comments welcome and sorry for my bad english.

Polli

So you banned them for stealing your cars and destroying your tents? Seems like legit gameplay to me.

• Like 3

Unless you want your server blacklisted, id suggest you unban them now. There are 2 reasons you may ban a player. Hacking and racial insults/behaviour.

• Like 3

Not sure I agree with banning them for taking the vehicles or with what they did with them?

Surely they can be blown up and set to re-spawn on server re-start?

This is not one I agree with, this time.

lol wait so you were able to track these people in your logs and then ban them for stealing your cars ? which sounds like you guys were vehicle hoarding. #1 sounds pretty fishy that you were able to figure out who stole your shit #2. you should ban your self for taking all the vehicles on the server for yourself douche bag,

They found your huge vehicle stash and destroyed them so you banned them ? Is that correct :huh:

That's your own stupid fault for not having a decent camp hidden away and banning for that is admin abuse.

You talk about fair play and sharing and 'letting everyone have a piece of the cake'. But yet you hoard all the vehicles from the server to yourselves. They probably destroyed all the cars, so that they would respawn and someone else could find 'that piece of cake'.

• Like 2

But you've had almost all vehicules of the game ? You just left a bycicle.

Sincerly I would do the same...

Put a password to your server if you wanna play with your friends.

Edited by ECHOBLAST

OK. I have unbanned these guys.

I don´t agree with people that want to destroy the game for others. There was no other use in this action in my opinion. I allways try to be fair to all. But there act wasn´t. I don´t care about the lost of cars or items as some ppl wrote in this thread. We find new ones and thats a fun part. It´s only there behavior.

I know that the ban was not legit. So i decided to do a 7 day ban and not a permanent ban to tell these guys they have done something wrong like i do with the ban.

Please close. Solved.

Edited by Polli

I agree with the majority. If you feel that the ban was justified then I don't believe that you are fit to be running a server.

But you've had almost all vehicules of the game ? You just left a bycicle.

Sincerly I would do the same...

Put a password to your server if you wanna play with your friends.

except, that's against the rules also.

You ban them because you failed at hiding your camp where you horde all the vehicles?

You sir, are a complete butt nugget, I wish I could open my beans and throw them on you.

Hi All

Today i have banned two players for 7 days for anti-social behavior. What has happend?

First of all i know that banning people is not allowed in most cases. Also the way i´ve done today.

But: As I logged in today at our camp i found... nothing. All our cars and stuff was away. First i thougt that was a server issue and I done a restart. Still away. So i decided to had a view in the logs.

After hours of reading i found out that two guys had driven our cars into the docks of Berezino. We had a Ural, Bus, Pick up, UAZ, GAZ, Hatchback and two ATV´s. Also a Motorbike and a Bicycle. All those vehicles was dropped into the water as i seen it in the coords from the log.

This was a great job from these both. And they have my full respect. But we would and had never destroyed vehicles and tents when we found them. Neither we steal all items and vehicles. We want a balance on our server and try to be fair to everyone. This server is not only our territory, it is for all, and every player can take a piece from the cake. Our Clan has 15 Members all those guys are great people with familys and friends and would never act like this.

We often find camps from other players. But we have never destroyed anything. What we´ve done was stealing a car when there was many more than one. But we leaved the most items in place.

I can understand there point in this act. They wan´t to play the good ones and a Sheriff for the betrayed. But you´re wrong guys. We never use cheats or exploits. We want enjoy the game inside the normal experience. I know there was tons of stuff in our vehicles. But the lost isn´t the bad. We will find new items. Thats one of the best points in this game. To start with nothing, and get more and better stuff as longer you play.

Also we are not responsible for the duping bug. We have tryed to destroy as much as possible, but all those items coming back.

You´ve done the only way we wan´t do. Drop it into the sea. We have packed all our stuff in the bus and destroyed it with a pipe bomb. After a server restart it was still back as happend nothing to it.

I´m sorry about the ban, but this is the only way for me to show these guys that there behavior was not right. You are still welcome after the 7 days. But please play fair and think objectiv before you do a rage action.

Comments welcome and sorry for my bad english.

Polli

What you described is emergent gameplay. You cannot ban people for that. The rules are plain and clear, please follow them in the future and thank you for unbanning them after it was brought to your attention you cannot do that.

• Like 3

Wow, epic admin bullshit.

I understand your motive behind the ban, still it's bullshit admin abuse. Sorry.

Unless you want your server blacklisted, id suggest you unban them now. There are 2 reasons you may ban a player. Hacking and racial insults/behaviour.

Just out of curiosity:

I take it they pay for their server, so basically they should have all the rights they think they need to have as "server hoster" (admins). That includes banning people for whatever reason they believe is just. So, the question I have is: what kind of agreement they may have signed gives you, the DayZ team, the right to blacklist their server?

I never did run a server for any game or mod so I don't have any experience on this topic, but this kind of "law enforcement" seems kinda...bullshitty to me and I don't believe that this is in any kind or form backed up by any law (except maybe U.S. law, but that's a completely different story) in the EU.

[edit]

I mean, just compare those two cases.

A.) A server admin didn't agree to how people on his server played the hosted game and banned them.

B.) A development team doesn't agree with the reason (a) server admin(s) banned some people from their server, so they blacklist their server.

Case A is "wrong behaviour" and case B isn't? Am I the only who doesn't see that much difference here?

[/edit]

Edited by Teiwaz

They shouldn't be banned at all Polli. The majority of people that come in a read this thread will think you're the one at fault here. You hoarding vehicles is fine with me, banning people that take said vehicles and destroy them so they respawn is UNACCEPTABLE. You're abusing the privilege of having a server.

Undo the 7 day ban.

Also, how the hell is this anti social?(those vehicles respawn so other players might have the chance to find them) You are in fact the one who is being anti social, hoarding all them wheels.(again I don't have a problem with that, just your crap admin ways)

Edited by mt roger

Wow, epic admin bullshit.

I understand your motive behind the ban, still it's bullshit admin abuse. Sorry.

Just out of curiosity:

I take it they pay for their server, so basically they should have all the rights they think they need to have as "server hoster" (admins). That includes banning people for whatever reason they believe is just. So, the question I have is: what kind of agreement they may have signed gives you, the DayZ team, the right to blacklist their server?

I never did run a server for any game or mod so I don't have any experience on this topic, but this kind of "law enforcement" seems kinda...bullshitty to me and I don't believe that this is in any kind or form backed up by any law (except maybe U.S. law, but that's a completely different story) in the EU.

Neither Delta nor I are part of the official DayZ team, so I want to get that cleared up right away.

As for blacklisting, if someone wants to use our service (connecting to our database), then they must abide by our rules. It's plain and simple. If they don't want to abide by the rules, then they don't need to connect to the database.

In addition, Polli made a mistake. However, he also realized it was a mistake and unbanned the people in question. Rule correction through education > secret police

Edited by urbanfox
  • Like 2

Hey guys, the admin unbanned them when you guys told him to, so stop being assholes.

So i decided to do a 7 day ban and not a permanent ban to tell these guys they have done something wrong like i do with the ban.

Oh he unbanned them,eh?

Edited by mt roger

As for blacklisting, if someone wants to use our service (connecting to our database), then they must abide by our rules. It's plain and simple. If they don't want to abide by the rules, then they don't need to connect to the database.

Perfect answer, cleared everything (and I thought that it might have something to do with hive connection).

Thanks mate!

Still, blacklisting their server at server providers (Gamespy and stuff?) would be bullshit. Cutting the connection to the hive server would be fine. Maybe the line in the "Server Hosting Rules" thread should be changed from

"If you are found breaking the following rules, your server will more than likely be suspended at most server providers and if it's not suspended it will result in the entire ip range being BLACKLISTED by DayZ support staff."

to something like

"If you are found breaking the following rules, your server will more than likely be suspended/cut from the hive server by DayZ support staff."

OK. I have unbanned these guys.

Oh he unbanned them,eh?

Yes, he did.

Edited by Teiwaz

OK guys. I agree with you. But i don´t do Admin abuse. We are fair players. And everybody is welcome. I can´t agree when you say "we hoarding cars". Only one car was stolen. All others we have found during gameplay.

But you´re right when you say it is not legit to ban for these reason. I learned my lesson. I was raged about the act. Not about the lost of items.

What do you think about fair play? I don´t run around and try to destroy other cars or tents and items. I don´t want to destroy gameplay of other players.

I have agreed with the DayZ server rules. And i made a failure. But do i have to aggree with everything that happens on my server which I invest my money in?

The last days was terrible. Hackers everyday that kills the most player on my server several times in different ways. And then the work of weeks was destroyed within one night from two guys with a funny action. That was to much for me.

I´m sorry about my behavior. You´re right. Im the right one when you blame me.

• Like 1

You may be right with your opinion about the vehicles driven in the docks, but that's not against the rules.

As an admin you should only interfere when foul play occured, like hacking or teleporting etc.

But that what you did was sadly, simple admin abuse.

Polli

You had horded 8 out of the usual 11 vehicles on a server and you try to speak as though your guild tries to make it fair and even for your server? You have a very twisted idea of fair. Heres an idea, Use 2 vehicles, one larger and a smaller town runner and leave the rest for the remainder of your server population and stop banning people for raiding and destroying your camp. As stated by the others, your actions and statements are childish and you do not deserve to be an admin.

You had horded 8 out of the usual 11 vehicles on a server and you try to speak as though your guild tries to make it fair and even for your server? You have a very twisted idea of fair. Heres an idea, Use 2 vehicles, one larger and a smaller town runner and leave the rest for the remainder of your server population and stop banning people for raiding and destroying your camp. As stated by the others, your actions and statements are childish and you do not deserve to be an admin.

Same goes for you for not reading the whole thread and post :) he unbanned the guys, he even aplogized for going rampage. You Sir riding a dead horse down, move on

Edited by Jossua