rocket

Should we scrap bandit models?

Yes and no. Keep the concept; use PMC models but bandits should get the all-black gear skin, where regular survivors have the other skins. Not sure about the black vest/pants with white shirt though.

Yes, keep them. If someone chooses to become a PK the result should be something like a different skin. Maybe something neutral.

If yes, allow the bandit to choose from a selection of skins (or at least a stealthier skin), else i vote no.

PS to forum admins/devs: it will not allow me to vote, giving me a message that i do not have the required permission.

There should be NO cosmetic change for a player who pks. It doesn't make any sense. At present all it does is get good players shot on sight. Nothing should betray a character's intentions or history. It should all be down to our own ability to discern character and intent and be our responsibility to decide who to trust... not some skin.

No' date=' it makes people think twice about going on killing sprees.

[/quote']

No it does not, it currently only serves the purpose of allowing others to shoot bandits on sight for fear of them being hostile.

Yes.

They almost encourage PvP, as it's a "cooler" skin. Also not worth the headache and extra bugs

Yes, scrap them. They are counter-productive when it comes to the reason they were implemented (They encourage murder for multiple reasons). They subtract from the realism. Even worse, they cause a headache for you when you deserve to enjoy making your game.

Yes, because they cause more issues than they solve.

Also, can't vote in the poll.

No, as it's one of a few factors keeping the game from devolving into an RPK deathmatch. Were there other measures in place to prevent the aforementioned deathmatch, then yes, scrap it.

No, keep them for now.

While the system is flawed and buggy, it's a lot better and more realistic than having no identification system at all.

Unlike real life, here you can't recognise unique clothing, unique faces, you can't overhear unique voices speaking over vent/ts. Also on veteran servers you can't even see names.

Bandit skins are simply the only current game mechanic tieing together intel and reputation with actual identification.

I think that having some manner of distinguishing habitual bandits from normal survivors who happened to shoot a few people is probably a good idea. However, the Humanity system needs major modifications as it is not a viable tool for that purpose as-is. However, if the bandit skins are causing major technical problems then I think that the case for removal is stronger.

Make everybody have the skin because I don't have PMC and I don't like not having textures.

Bin the bandit :)

I am still in favour for skins in the positive end of the humanity scale though. I would much rather be unaware of the baddies and acknowledge a legendary survivor. (If that would be any less of a headache to implement.

Yes, scrap them.

There should be gradual drawbacks to how low your humanity is such as being more visible and audiable to zombies or needing to eat and drink more.

I would say scrap them and give player a option to customize their character at start (in region of map space that is not near T/K), giving them control would allow customization up to them. It would also mean no more auto model swap, I think this would be possible?

Another option which might be in addition would be allow players to collect uniforms and clothing they find in game (from that spawn) to be used, this would mean instead of having everything available they would need to first collect clothing they like to be in. I think this would be fantastic and if you need help Rocket let me know, I might play with this idea myself to see how easy it would be to ad.

I know that a mission called War In Takistan allowed players to swap into uniforms whenever they liked without issues. There however is one thing to consider, you would need to make all selectable clothing backpack compatible ones. I think that isn't a big issue but I do not know what options that gives, will check it out.

PS. I can't vote, no permission.

Additional something will need to be done about Bandits, would it be possible to ad in a Players killboard ingame, lets say just another Killboard selection from ingame that brought up a very basic list of players on server atm which you could see each player and check their kill stats, one of these stats might show how many people they have shot in that game session?

This is just a idea, a way to identify player killers (and spawn killers) needs to exist, rather then direct coms which hardly works. I'm just throwing out ideas, another one would be to have red markers show up on map (dots/circles) for known player killers. If something isn't done, then dayz will eventually become a deathmatch/team-deathmatch game, you may argue this but EVERYONE I have encountered ingame agrees its going that way if not already.

I think this kinda ruins the concept of the survivor mod when people are just killing everyone else for the hell of it (why take risk/why even bother playing game when you just kill people for their loot etc etc...), by making it so player killers are easily identifiable you will naturally reduce such element (other then the automatic desert camo model switching thing). Also increase the humanity recovery system from 5mins to 15.

The sooner that stupid bandit skin goes the easier it will be to get beans.

CLOTHING WOULD BE MUTHAFUCKING AMAZING WOO!

On a side note I don't like the forced appearance of the bandit skin, firstly for anyone TRULY doing nothing but grief p-k'ing it is an advantage. (camo) Secondly I think many are falsely labeled bandits.

Allow clothing and BOOM awesome.

Lastly Turkey stop with the bean spam seriously, so obnoxious.

Yes, remove them as they are not effective at doing what they were supposed to. If you're going to add a feature, please do it properly.

+1 unique clothing. Also customisable during the game with extra loot items.

Stab vests - less vulnerable to zombie attacks

Body Armour - less vulnerable to gunshots.

Helmets - Headshot proof if hit in helmet, less chance of being zombie KO'd.

Armband colours - what group/clan you're in.

Would it really be hard to recolour some clothing on a few models, and add them into the addon pack?

Lastly Turkey stop with the bean spam seriously' date=' so obnoxious.

[/quote']

How about you drink a nice tall glass of bean the fuck beans bean and then beans.

Beans.