rocket

Should we scrap bandit models?

scrap them yes i agree

would it be easier to add a pickup for cammo skin for instance or from the tech side it just to much hassle all together with mutlple skins ?

Cheers ,

I'm not so sure. Is it possible to make two outfits for bandits, one for "good bandits" and one for "bad bandits"? Reason why I'm asking is simply because my friend got murdered in cold blood last night, he looked like a bandit but since I've played with him for over 6 hours straight last night (I know the guy IRL too so) and I know what happened that turned him into a bandit, I'd say he's a good bandit who only fires at a human if the human fires at him first. People don't care if you yell "FRIENDLY FRIENDLY!" in Direct com, they see a bandit - bambambam, dead.

I love the humanity system, it's awesome and I think that should stay. But if it is possible, in some way, to determine whether its a good or a bad bandit (my friend is a good one, bad bandits kill everything that moves no matter what), I think that would improve the game alot.

Just my 2c.

Scrap them. Just include more skins that people can spawn with for variety.

I think the humanity feature should stay in, with a different effect though. Not sure what at this point. There needs to be a beneficial factor for "good" people, so not everybody goes mass murderer.

Yes. In real life you cannot discern a bandit from a survivor, often bandits look the most like survivors. Also, it adds tension to the game... people are getting a little too trustworthy.

Go ahead. My group kills everyone on sight anyways.

Though I love the humanity feature. Gives something to work towards in my eyes.

Yes, they should be scrapped. In a real zombie apoc Bandits wouldn't magically wear different clothing.

I don't play as a bandit but I find it odd that their clothing changes because of the descisions they've made.

Can't vote, but yes, scrap them and make it better later, focus on more important things now. Best of luck, and thank you for a great game. Can't put it down!

What they should do, is you select a name and a skin, and you have to play as that always. Maybe even allow you to customise your appearance a bit. The only way to change your name would be to get a new copy of Arma II.

Then, there should be a message-board system in-game, where you can read it and find out who are the top killers and murderers. There should be a bounty system where players can offer equipment on payment of the delivery of the bounties' head, perhaps to a certain coordiante. You then have to meet up with the player to make the exchange. Who knows - maybe someone put a bounty on themself to lure in some suckers?

I vote yes. Some other indication of a bandit should be added, but one that isn't permanent or as obvious visually.

I also support the idea of selectable skins. It would make people easier to identify once you've already encountered them.

Agree with second poster - More important things to address, can the models for now.

If it's causing issues, can it for sure.

Long term: Need to identify dodgy fellas somehow, maybe not as obvious as this though.

(tl:;dr)yes (remove bandit models)

Why not making dynamic cloth, where you could choose cloth from a "range" depending on your humanity

Yes, I agree - scrap them as soon as possible. Survivors can shoot you in the back anyways and some people are stigmatized as bandits even if they were attacked by someone (and not hit) and merely fought back.

I voted yes but got a you cannot do this blah,blah.

Anyway, yea people are just being bandits for the skin so remove It and maybe just change their hats to bright red ones that's It. :)

Anyway' date=' yea people are just being bandits for the skin so remove It and maybe just change their hats to bright red ones that's It. :)[/quote']

As long as the survivors all glow white to show their divinity, I'm all for it.

:D

TKJ

Screw it. Give bandits satan skins and friendlies jesus skins as long as we're all suggesting bad ideas.

lol

I think the whole bandit system is absolutely terrible, like the global chat, it takes away a lot of the authenticity.

You shouldn't be able to tell if a player has good or bad intentions just by looking at him.

The game is all about decisions, risk and reward. If you see a bandit, it's very simple. You either kill him, or avoid him. The game tells you "this guy has killed other players, best to not trust him".

You haven't seen him kill anyone, anyone hasn't told you he killed someone.

Playing a friendly survivor in a group already increases your chance of survival a lot. The bandit skin only artificially reduces the changes of survival for a different play style. It isn't based on reality and is against the "anti-game" philosophy.

The game should have psychological side to it, the player should be able to lie and trick the other players for his own advantage. Even if you find a player looting a corpse, he should be able to tell you how the other guy attacked him and it was only self defense. It should be up to you to decide if you trust him, not a game mechanic which tells you what happened.

(Cross-posted from another thread, seemed more fitting here)

I can't vote, so: Yes.

Bandits in real life would most likely not dress like "hey, i'm a bandit, please shoot me". And i'm saying that even though i don't like bandits very much.

I cant vote but yes.

Focus on other things and then reintroduce a better system once the time comes, the whole Bandit system is a bit messed up at the moment.

Can't vote, it gives me this:

DayZ Mod Forum

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.

You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.

Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)

You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'koenigscat'

But I would say YES

Yes scrap them, because of my own self defense I became one and basically everyone shoots me in sight right now. So its either shoot them or try to dodge them. Most of the time this results in shooting them and increasing my humanity once more. It is a nice concept but it doesn't work currently so it have to be remade in my opinion. Just remove it completely for now and see how it turns out, I think it makes the dynamic of the game even more fun and scary.

Can't vote

If you read through some of the first pages' date=' nobody can vote. I do find it odd, however, that mods haven't addressed it. I mean, that [b']Griff guy likes to respond to everything.

:D

TKJ

No

i dont think it should be scrapped because it needs some definition so people have someone to blame, if not people would just kill everyone either way.

BUT

real situations you dont have the simple clothing to diffirentiate people how people act. so for all those people saying Bandits should have thier skins removed then that will be a major disadvantage for anyone going to survivalist route.

maybe just give everyone the same skin and watch the paranoia get to people?

my prediction is that the number of bandits will double due to fear alone.