Sign in to follow this  
okano666@hotmail.co.uk

Servers should be cleaned/reset after a few months?

So ive ran a DayZ server for a few months now, The server performance seems to be getting worse, there is Hobo cities everywhere - no tents seem to ever dissapear.

Its been atleast 6weeks since i have seen a vehicle - Not that im complaining i rarely use them or see the point, id rather stay where the action is down south than setting up some hobo tent city thats full of gear somewhere - kind of ruins the fun of the game. Atleast for me.

But after several sweeps of the server by me and my team mates its aparent that there are atleast 6 hobo city camps where there is just tent after tent after tent sometimes about 30tents at the same spot. Full to the brim of gear and after destroying it all - it just comes back on the next server restart.

Is there anyway to clean it up - reset the mission file without canceling the server and starting again.

Edited by Okano
  • Like 1

There should be a reset yes.

But the mods always been run in a haphazard way, and now the standalones been officially announced i guess you can expect even less support.

Restarts 2-3 times daily.

Complete reset once every two weeks, everyone starts from scratch.

Until stable.

• Like 1

Until stable.

How do you do a complete reset?

i would like to know aswell. rented a server but no reset have been made. so there is tent villages everywhere

So ive ran a DayZ server for a few months now, The server performance seems to be getting worse, there is Hobo cities everywhere - no tents seem to ever dissapear.

Its been atleast 6weeks since i have seen a vehicle - Not that im complaining i rarely use them or see the point, id rather stay where the action is down south than setting up some hobo tent city thats full of gear somewhere - kind of ruins the fun of the game. Atleast for me.

But after several sweeps of the server by me and my team mates its aparent that there are atleast 6 hobo city camps where there is just tent after tent after tent sometimes about 30tents at the same spot. Full to the brim of gear and after destroying it all - it just comes back on the next server restart.

Is there anyway to clean it up - reset the mission file without canceling the server and starting again.

I would like know "How" and do the same thing.

People on my server are no longer afraid of dying as they can run to "Tent City" and grab anything they want in less than 1 hour....Sad.

I would like to know about this server cleanse, too. It is very odd, many of the dayz forum team just often write things but don't explain.

I would like to know about this server cleanse, too. It is very odd, many of the dayz forum team just often write things but don't explain.

He's just a forum mod and has nothing to do with DayZ itself other then moderate the forums.

>:(

I like the idea of a global reset for vehicles and tents every few weeks or so. But many others will disagree with the idea.

Reset DB files on HIVE, I guess they find it via the instance ID.

From our side there is currently no way short of changing the ID cuz all server content related data is hive-sided.

Until stable.

rofl

Player asks how to reset the server.

DayZ mod responds with "I reset my server every 2 weeks"

DayZ mod doesn't tell player how to do it and leaves thread.

*facepalm*

• Like 1

Until stable.

XRtrY.gif?1

Edited by MrGreen72

Just get a new Instance ID for your server and you will be able to reset anytime you want.

Atleast vehicles and tents.

Just get a new Instance ID for your server and you will be able to reset anytime you want.

Atleast vehicles and tents.

ok... I'll play along..

"so... how do you get a "new" instance ID?"

it's like talking to my wife sometimes... "where the keys... in my purse.... where's your purse... in the house... where in the house... in the living room..." note to self, ask question this way... where in the house is your purse which may contain the keys

Edited by TCEd