Revilo

Why nobody will be buying Day Z standalone

Standalone will be much better, we ARE playing an Alpha at this point. Some of the items in the picture you pointed out make me think you are just craving for some of that internet attention. It is ONE picture, ONE small scene, obviously designed (whether good or bad) to depict what the game is about in a quick wrap up. Yes the game is going to be heavily based on the work he has done so far with the Arma 2 platform. Why would it not be? Spend all this time developing the game on this only to then rip it out from under everything and replace it with something that then has to be reworked and take longer? As for the log... its his logo he made for the DayZ mod... if the game is going to stay DayZ, why change the logo? That's brand recognition right there. As for 90% of you folks saying "Yeah this game is gunna suck! Im not buying it..." A couple days, maybe weeks after the standalone is released... you all will follow guaranteed.

How not to get joke:

1) Don't read OP

2) Click directly to last page

3) View negative post of someone else who followed steps 1 and 2

4) Rant

• Like 1

Standalone will be much better, we ARE playing an Alpha at this point. Some of the items in the picture you pointed out make me think you are just craving for some of that internet attention. It is ONE picture, ONE small scene, obviously designed (whether good or bad) to depict what the game is about in a quick wrap up. Yes the game is going to be heavily based on the work he has done so far with the Arma 2 platform. Why would it not be? Spend all this time developing the game on this only to then rip it out from under everything and replace it with something that then has to be reworked and take longer? As for the log... its his logo he made for the DayZ mod... if the game is going to stay DayZ, why change the logo? That's brand recognition right there. As for 90% of you folks saying "Yeah this game is gunna suck! Im not buying it..." A couple days, maybe weeks after the standalone is released... you all will follow guaranteed.

To put it in Fallout terms... I think your "Perception" stat needs a boost.

• Like 2

Came here expecting a troll. Got a good laugh instead.

You sir may have my beans!

Nice one OP, nice one. You almost got me there, I was actually thinking that I had found the most retarded person on earth the solar system the universe. Now, I feel retarded.

9/10 would feel retarded again.

Edited by ArrThePirate

At least the new engine will make it look nice, right?

Yeah the light effects on that hackers jet as he flies it into your chin will look great.

Damn, I only just purchased Arma last week to play the mod....

Here's to hoping current mod players get a good discount yes??

P.S. have my beans bro

Edited by Insaneo

Even though this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen, I Lol'd

• Like 3

Definitely will not buy. This looks like Battlefield. What a crock.

SERENITY NOW!

I do like DayZ to a degree, but considering the competition is free, wondering what Bohemia is planning on doing to make it worth a $60 game.

( im assuming it will be $60 as thats the going price for commercial games, yes i know Minecraft is diffrent, but there is a diffrence between indie studio pricing their stuff and a major studio such as BI, BI has a higher overhead, where a small indie doesnt have as much )

( edit - and why would somebody stop playing the free version of the current DayZ and pay, and before everybody flames, remember when everybody complains about DayZ, everybody jumps on the " its Alpha you didnt pay for DayZ " crap )

Edited by Hell-In-A-Handbasket

The pictures just an art direction for the stand alone game innit?

It's a joke..

• Like 1

lol @ the retards who don't get it.

It's a joke..

I know it's your job and all to settle the masses, but don't you think it's more fun to let them go off on their little ignorant tangents? :P

• Like 2