wurocket

US 1857 Admin bans for guns we had

People keep saying "not everyone knows everything", but it takes 2 god damn seconds to look on the wiki for the weapons in dayz. Seriously, if you got the mod, you should know there's a wiki for. I knew what guns where in when i started. Its not that hard.

I do not know from memory what guns are good and which ones are not. I am not going to stop mid game and go Check Wiki.

My whole heartache with some of these responses is that, all the SA's have to do is take 5 sec and tell the player, "that is not a legit gun, you need to discard it or you'll be removed". If they don't listen, remove them.

Just perma banning them is not the answer and not allowed. Hell, what I do is not allowed ( tell them to drop weapon, if they don't they get kicked, if they return and still have it 24 ban, if they're turn again and still wanna use it, perm ban). Sure, it's some work, but as a SA, it's part of the job description.

Since when can people pay 40+ bucks a month to become entitled power tripping pieces of shit?

"we have to do what we can to protect our 40+ dollars a month." Fuck off.

Either follow the rules or stop hosting you ignorant tools.

Since when can people pay 40+ bucks a month to become entitled power tripping pieces of shit?

If you find someone with a hacked weapon, you ask them to get rid of it. If they don't, kick them. If they return with it hand still refuse to discard it, 24 hour temp ban. If they return with it, perm ban.

Give them a chance, if once they are aware it is not a legit weapon and continue to use it, the ban is warranted.

This gun is not in the Dayz mod

The flowing guns are in :

But the G36C not here. I understand ban for this ...

Neither of the weapons exist in DayZ, the AS50 TWS or the G36 SD, but unless the admin can prove definitively that he spawned them, it's not a bannable offense.

servers ban for combat loggers hacked weapons and people being fuckwits all day, you act like being a server admin is a walk in the park and you have every weapon in the game and every supply in the game.

its almost a second job, do you know how hard logs are to read? do you know what we go through? EVERY DAY people hack our servers, we have to do what we can to protect our 40+ dollars a month.

/signed server admin

And as a non-douchebag server-owner myself, I don't ban people if there's a chance they're innocent. Why not? Because Rocket said no, that's why not. If I see someone with a hacked weapon, I inform him and tell him to drop it. If he doesn't comply, I'll ban him.

/signed server admin who follows the DayZ-hosting rules.

While I love the mod that Rocket made, does he pay for my server?

No? then im going to enforce my rules on it to ensure everyone has fun. If rockets team want to buy all the dayz servers and make us play on them then fine, he can make up any rules he want if he pays for it. But if im paying I will not be having my fun ruined by hacking scum and do nothing about it!

Warn people with hacked weapons first, then if they dont lose them they can get a 24hour ban.

Its all well and good saying "rocket said its ok" but its not. ITS CHEATING. You are gaining an unfair advantage by having a weapon that is not ingame and runining the enjoyment of others for your own selfish reasons.

So if you want to cheat on my server you will be banned, end of. but I will give you a chance first......

• Like 1

While I love the mod that Rocket made, does he pay for my server?

No? then im going to enforce my rules on it to ensure everyone has fun. If rockets team want to buy all the dayz servers and make us play on them then fine, he can make up any rules he want if he pays for it. But if im paying I will not be having my fun ruined by hacking scum and do nothing about it!

Warn people with hacked weapons first, then if they dont lose them they can get a 24hour ban.

Its all well and good saying "rocket said its ok" but its not. ITS CHEATING. You are gaining an unfair advantage by having a weapon that is not ingame and runining the enjoyment of others for your own selfish reasons.

So if you want to cheat on my server you will be banned, end of. but I will give you a chance first......

Rocket is providing you with the files, if you don't listen to his rules then delete HIS files and then run your dayz server.. whats amatter, can't?

Seriously server owners are a weird bunch, sure you are providing the servers but if you don't follow the rules rocket tells you then there are literally hundreds of servers that will.

Edited by Steiyn

Everyone in this thread is going a little crazy. I think it's kinda funny that people will lose their marbles if they get banned. I mean just go to another server or rent your own. Problem solved. If I got banned from a server I may scream some F bombs at the monitor.. but to go to a forum and post I had hacked weapons and I got kicked for it and now I must rage and cry. You admitted you had hacked weapons you admitted you were killed on the coast and had to start over anyway, I just don't understand it. Seriously QQ

And as a non-douchebag server-owner myself, I don't ban people if there's a chance they're innocent. Why not? Because Rocket said no, that's why not. If I see someone with a hacked weapon, I inform him and tell him to drop it. If he doesn't comply, I'll ban him.

/signed server admin who follows the DayZ-hosting rules.

Sounds like a "mummy mummy i see a bad guy pls help me" ...

sorry thats bullshit in my eyes,

i dont run to "rocket" if someone doing shit on my server

BTT.

If someone use hacked weapons its not my fault.. than fix it!

We all can use dayzwiki and take a look to the weaponslist...

Lol, I Laughed so hard at this Thread. I don't see how it's this hard to remember which firearms, and equipment are in the mod, and which are not. ESPECIALLY silenced weapons.

We all can use dayzwiki and take a look to the weaponslist...

Being kicked/banned for having hacked gear is a great rule, regardless if you kill a hacker, and take the items in question.

People getting angry about this rule, are being silly. This game has rules, like any other online game, if you fail to follow them, you are banned from using the product. It's that simple.

Quit Trying to justify wrongly acquired goods, as honest loot. You wouldn't take Counterfeit money, and Spend it normally, and not expect legal Ramifications when caught.

Lol, I Laughed so hard at this Thread. I don't see how it's this hard to remember which firearms, and equipment are in the mod, and which are not. ESPECIALLY silenced weapons.

Being kicked/banned for having hacked gear is a great rule, regardless if you kill a hacker, and take the items in question.

People getting angry about this rule, are being silly. This game has rules, like any other online game, if you fail to follow them, you are banned from using the product. It's that simple.

Quit Trying to justify wrongly acquired goods, as honest loot. You wouldn't take Counterfeit money, and Spend it normally, and not expect legal Ramifications when caught.

There is no problem with kicking someone with hacked gear after you tell them, "Hey that weapon is a hacked in weapon" and they don't get rid of it.

Six years ago I was in Florida, went to Walmart to buy somethings. Couple days later I go to the bank to deposit what cash I had and found out the 2 twenties that I received as change from Wal-Mart were fake. I committed no crime, and was not deserving of any punishment.

Some people just play the game, they don't read the forums, they don't go to the Wiki. To outright ban them without saying "Hey not sure if you know but that gun is not allowed in this game", give them a chance to say "I didn't know that, i'll get rid of it right away" is not the right thing to do.

Edit: double quoted.

Edited by AADiC
  • Like 1

dont pick up weapons you know arent in the game.

If you do youll get kicked or banned. Do you honestly think it is conducive to a legitimate environment of gameplay to allow ANYONE to have hacked in items regardless of how they got them? People that pick up or have hacked weapons are 2 kinds of people - hackers or people prone to exploiting to have an edge ingame. Both parties are undesirables in legitimate servers.

Want to have a ban free game? research whats ingame and whats not and never exploit, dupe or pick up hacked items/vehicles. I highly doubt rocket will come along and say "Oh yeah and hacked items are totally going to be allowed in the standalone, dont worry I wont let those bad admins ban you" more like fook those devious suckers ban away.

Both sides of this debate have very valid points; however, I don't think it's really that hard to say to someone "Hey, in-case you didn't know, that weapon you're holding is hacked in and not allowed. Please discard it and continue on your way or we will be forced to take further action."

• Like 2

People that pick up or have hacked weapons are 2 kinds of people - hackers or people prone to exploiting to have an edge ingame. Both parties are undesirables in legitimate servers.

Want to have a ban free game? research whats ingame and whats not and never exploit, dupe or pick up hacked items/vehicles. I highly doubt rocket will come along and say "Oh yeah and hacked items are totally going to be allowed in the standalone, dont worry I wont let those bad admins ban you" more like fook those devious suckers ban away.

You mean 3 kinds of people, number 3 being those who just play the game and don't know any better. Again, some people just play the game, they don't read all about it before playing. That is why I can't understand why SA's cant do what the quote below says.

Both sides of this debate have very valid points; however, I don't think it's really that hard to say to someone "Hey, in-case you didn't know, that weapon you're holding is hacked in and not allowed. Please discard it and continue on your way or we will be forced to take further action."

Beans for you!

Give me a break dude. If server admins weren't forking out money each month you wouldn't have a fucking place to play. Maybe you should be grateful and I'm not even defending any sides here, but I sure as hell am going to respond when I see a fucking ignorant post like this.

• Like 1

Let me break it down for everyone. Because it's very basic.

An Admin enters into a contract/agreement to follow very specific rules/regulations when they rent/lease a server.

A player never enters into any contract/agreement when they play the game.

You lot seem intent to place the burden on the player. But they don't have any requirement to visit the Wiki or learn which guns are or are not allowed in the DayZ Mod.

An Admin banning a player for their ignorance is wrong.

As far as this supposed 'fix' where the Admin confronts the player...exactly how does this take place? Exactly how would an Admin even know a player is using an illegal weapon? Exactly how is said Admin to approach said player...surely said player will shoot the crap out of anyone he/she sees?

How about this for a 'fix': Let Rocket and his team deal with it. Rocket has already stated a player who obtains a weapon from outside the DayZ Mod is flagged and monitored. Let the man and his team do their thing.

• Like 1

As far as this supposed 'fix' where the Admin confronts the player...exactly how does this take place? Exactly how would an Admin even know a player is using an illegal weapon? Exactly how is said Admin to approach said player...surely said player will shoot the crap out of anyone he/she sees?

How about this for a 'fix': Let Rocket and his team deal with it. Rocket has already stated a player who obtains a weapon from outside the DayZ Mod is flagged and monitored. Let the man and his team do their thing.

Many players/admins know what the guns look like/sound like. At the first hint of something wrong we can look at a log and see what the player spawned in with.

Problem with waiting is that I am not going to wait the days/weeks it takes for them to get it sorted. They are mired down with so many things, this is something that we, as Admins, can help with, and will.

Thread is going out of control.

You can not get banned for picking up hacked weapons (BattlEye wise, since you didn't run the script. Only if you spawn in the weapon)

The ban itself is debatable but it should still stand that you cannot ban someone just for holding an spawned gun (A gun that no one knows is in the game or not, no one really knows besides a wiki that is built by the community. Not by DayZ Staff.) because that does not mean they spawned it in, unless you can find proof if it in your logs that they spawned it then I can understand reason to ban said user. Otherwise, I suggest letting them use it.

• Like 1