TheBeanAholic

What Has Changed The Dayz Player Mentality

Banditry and murder rates have been steadily falling for months.

And life expectancy has practically doubled since 1.5.

So just stopping in to say that any claims thus far that have been made regarding the "recent rise" or the "explosion" or the "spread" of PvP within the game is a complete and utter fantasy with absolutely no basis in any reality outside the "pay attention to my forum drama" fantasy land that so many people around here love to create.

Can we talk about something that's actually relevant to the motherfucking game for once, you ridiculous nincompoops?

Surprise! Banditry rates are at a low point and murder rates have held roughly steady for a month.

Seriously. Now can we talk about something that's relevant?

sukFR.png

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Surprise! Banditry rates are at a low point and murder rates have held roughly steady for a month.

Seriously. Now can we talk about something that's relevant?

sukFR.png

are you kidding me they have jumped over a million in just a monthly look at the chart

The truth is that people are getting bored after a few hours of exploration and getting pwnsome gear. What's left after that? PvP (and pranking). That's the simple truth.

Hopefully it will be more in the future, but it currently isn't.

I started reading this thread pretty late, and was pretty excited by your reply here before OP revealed himself as an idiot. I will now post my thoughts on this in a separate thread.

I meet friendly people every day... in teamspeak. Then we go play the game. No need to run the risk of being killed asking players if they are friendly or not. Chances are it will benefit them significantly to kill you so they usually will. The mechanic of asking if people are friendly is flawed, you ask them and they get first dibs on engagment. Fairly stupid.

like i said im not complaining im just saying the player mentality has changed since then. im a huge pvper i find it fun, but everyone being one kinda ruins a social aspect that this game had. also one makarov mag wont kill shit unless you run into a kid with down syndrome i want it for self defense in case i run into a asshole with a hatchet or etc

Could you get anymore offensive?

@ZedsDeadBaby [sorry, BeanAHolic, not meant for you]

Actually, murders are at a high. The percentage of bandits per living players has dropped, but one look at the change in player population makes this obvious why. In the last two weeks [EDIT: sorry, read the chart wrong on dates], the player population increased by 31.8%.

In the same two weeks, the number of bandits increased by 36%. And the number of murders went up by 51%.

Banditry is increasing faster than the player base.

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 1

I just recently started so I can't make any comment on the changes. But I will say tonight was the first time I was mildly upset after I got killed. I've been PvP'd a bunch of times, a lot of times giving up practically nothing. I've never been upset with it once, I like walking around with the idea that I could just get killed at any point in time. Tonight, however, was a little bit different. I was just looking in a little shed and some guy comes up behind me and hatchets me. I didn't have anything, he didn't have anything. He just decided to kill me. I kind of laughed like what the hell because it was kind of ridiculous (I didn't even have a weapon), but other than that most of the new spawns I meet along the coast are friendly with me. I've only met a couple people who are pretty geared up who don't shoot me though. Most of the time they shoot on sight. It would be cool if there was more of a mix amongst those with heavy gear but so far I'm decently happy with those I come across. I just think that new spawns shouldn't kill other new spawns, it's just a waste of everyone's time.

@ZedsDeadBaby [sorry, BeanAHolic, not meant for you]

Actually, murders are at a high. The percentage of bandits per living players has dropped, but one look at the change in player population makes this obvious why. In the last two weeks [EDIT: sorry, read the chart wrong on dates], the player population increased by 31.8%.

In the same two weeks, the number of bandits increased by 36%. And the number of murders went up by 51%.

Banditry is increasing faster than the player base.

What are you talking about? I saw the statistics and the player number has risen. You are right about that. But the amount of murders is a number that just keeps getting added to. It never gets reset. While time goes by and more players start playing - ofc there's going to be an increase in murders.

COD kiddies? What have you played before DayZ? Civilisation?

I guess 80% of the DayZ players have some kind of ego-shooter career.

And (I am sorry), nearly all shooters are as simple-minded as COD.

I played CS, DayOfDefeat, Halflife, Quake and UT myself...

Ah, and I played NaturalSelection, actually one of the few smart MP shooters out there.

Edited by GodOfGrain

There is no "CoD" mentality. There are a bunch of older players who have been around since the early stages who realize that the game is incredibly boring without PvP. If you say otherwise, you're either a brand new player or someone who has never left the bean coast.

Thread ended here tbh.

This man is so fucking right it hurts.

Without PvP this game is boring and pointless. I love the PvP aspect.

This is why me and my crew roll in groups of 2-6 and waste all the other groups we see. We don't cherno camp, we roll in the deep north. You get that far and you best be ready to lose your shit.

Edited by snipingnewbs