hazedaze

How many of you would stop killing players if there were achievements?

How many of you would stop killing players if there were achievements?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you would stop killing players if there were achievements?

• I would stop killing others immediately, and help them If there's another achievement for it to unlock!
    • I don't kill other players
    • I don't care about it
    • Hate them polls
    • I would care about achievement If it gives me a Huey

Achievements = the worst development in modern gaming. Followed by "leveling up" in FPS (leveling is for RPG's only) followed by leader boards.

Achievements are horrible metagaming for people who don't have the imagination to create their own miniquests.

I give myself 5 achievement points every time I kill somebody who is packing an AS50 or M107.

If your proposed achievement system didn't give me achievements for killing other players I would continue to make up my own.

"Tin can headshot prone survivor who has broken leg." 50 pts

"Offer to bring morphine to somebody, bring hot lead instead." 50 pts

"Offer to give survivor a gun. Shoot him, then put gun on his dead body." 50 pts.

"Place 10 bear traps around hospital after taking all the morphine." 200 pts.

"Put 5 rows of concertina wire around the only toolbox in all of Elektro. " 200 pts.

• Like 1

GAMING GENERAL'S WARNING:

Achievements Cause Lung Cancer,

Heart Disease, Emphysema, And

May Complicate Pregnancy.

I'd stop killing players to get me a Huey

Once I had the Huey I would start killing players with it

Amidoingthisrite?

what i said eariler and

Achievements are horrible metagaming for people who don't have the imagination to create their own miniquests.

this

I'd stop killing players to get me a Huey

Once I had the Huey I would start killing players with it

Amidoingthisrite?

hueys suck for hunting down killing people

Edited by Buffjesus

I don't kill others at the moment. (Rather just avoid conflict if possible, or shoot in self defense). But I'm yes and no on achievements. For most games, they aren't really implemented right. DayZ is a game that really wouldn't do well with acheivements, so I guess I should just say flat out no, but there is always that rare case that it could work. This leaves me with a tiny fraction of a yes.

Achievements are still better left to games along the RPG side of things and other titles such as Journey.

achievements are for console generation games that lack content and innovation

so no

exactly. achievements and unlocks replace true content

I'd just like to mention that I've been a console gamer for over 25 years and I couldn't give two beans for achievements, killing on sight or whinging like a care bear.

Edited by ironman Tetsuo

ArmA's and DayZ's achievement system is real and personal achievement system.

You know:

"Yay I learned how to understand map legends and navigate using the sun's location, the night sky or a compas."

"Yay I wont this firefight, because I used cover and concealment, set up my ambush, took accurate shots and killed the fool exposed in the open."

"Yay I learned to live off the land, hid my camp in a remote area and it haven't been found by other players for more than a week."

"Yay I hit a moving target with my Enfield and shook off 47 zombies in Cherno."

"Yay I looted NWA/Stary and lived to tell about it."

Other games offers achievements, usually because gameplay is so dumbed down, they have to create artificial achievements, level ups, weapon unlocks and headshot messages, so they players can pretend to be 1337, even when the game is holding them by the hand in every aspect of the game.

Yeah, achievements for not killing people doesn't seem to fit DayZ... but I think the idea of achievements is not bad in itself.

For example I can immediately think of stuff like this:

Horizon Walker - You traveled 100 miles by foot.

Off the Grid - You survived for 10 days without relying on canned food or drinks.

Doomed - You have been at Green Mountain and lived to tell the tale.

Hard-Boiled Bastard - You ate nothing but beans for 10 days.

I've tried to create a poll. I hope I've done it right.

If it isn't right, admins feel free to edit.

If you want achievements play console.

So i did this a few night's ago, Placed all my gear in my tents and had a buddy shoot me, Spawn elektro, Killed with in 2min's, unarmed doing nothing was just looking at the sea.

Instead of achievements, how about just a stats recap on the "you are dead" screen. Stuff like total active survival time (time logged in and surviving), kilometers walked, driven, etc., diet (number of meals and type), acquisitions (loot found and type), weapons found, shots fired, hit percentage, and any other stats related to your character's brief life in Chernarus.

No awards or medals or cookies or what not, just the facts of your survivor's life.

• Like 2

Achievments in specific games are a waste of time.

Diablo 3 has achievments...why? Other games are the same...why?

It kinda works on the xbox somehow (i dont know why)

NOTE: the above is all opinion. Aint no facts in this post

It would probably lower the KOS till people got the achieve, for some reason this generation of gamer will do the most boreing task possible just to get an achievement.