Sires

How do i open doors (webshot)

Scroll your mouse wheel and select open door.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

When you approach, or when you face the door, an arrow like icon will appear and then you can mouse wheel and open or close will appear on the left side of the screen.

Pro tip: closed doors don't stop zombies. They just warp right through.

Moderator Notice: User was banned for this post.

Really WTF!!!! <_<

A new thread to open doors!!!! GTF out of here!!!! lololol

In fact ban him for such a retarded thread!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Edited by Legacy

Im sorry, i just started today, chill itchy

Also thanks everyone

Edited by Sires
  • Like 2

OP, you use your hand and the doorknob or the door handle. ;)

Wait till he learns how to use a mouse and keyboard guys. Then the questions will REALLY come flowing in.

oh wait..did you mean in game? :P

Edited by kentk94
  • Like 1

In all fairness, he probably didn't realize that all buildings are not enter-able and tried to open a non enter-able building....

• Like 2

This should be in the New Player Discussion forums ^^ Actually, you ought to play a bit of the original Arma 2 to get the basics.

cocky fucks. would of loved to see half of you when ya 1st played this MOD!!!!

• Like 1

Really WTF!!!! <_<

Prob thought you could go in all buildings but havent you ever struggled to open a door just like trying to get the arrow to climb up a deer stand' OP be aware doors are silent killers in dayz, just like ladders, rocks and stairs

• Like 1

cocky fucks. would of loved to see half of you when ya 1st played this MOD!!!!

When we first played this mod? We already knew how to play, we didn't ask questions, you know, because we actually played the game, you know, that tells you how to, you know... play.... the game.............. oh wait, you don't know :P

Prob thought you could go in all buildings but havent you ever struggled to open a door just like trying to get the arrow to climb up a deer stand' OP be aware doors are silent killers in dayz, just like ladders, rocks and stairs

No its that stuff called research, you know you have to do that stuff with all PC MODS!!!!!

See that word MOD!!!

Errr it means some guy man has hacked this game to do this and that with zombies mmmaaannn., cool great, hip, hyper,dood, fashion..............Do me a favour ...............

Fuck off !!! >:(

Lol I love when a person like me comes along and has no idea how to play, and I ask a simple question, and the nerds get mad because i just started on a game.

• Like 3

No its that stuff called research, you know you have to do that stuff with all PC MODS!!!!!

See that word MOD!!!

Errr it means some guy man has hacked this game to do this and that with zombies mmmaaannn., cool great, hip, hyper,dood, fashion..............Do me a favour ...............

Fuck off !!! >:(

Can't tel if you used google translate or you're just pms'ing everywhere because someone asked a simple question, grow the fuck up and remove your keyboard until you're capable of interacting with others.

Edit, it amazes me that you are 40 and respond like a spoilt 5 year old girl...

Edited by Mastiff

Lol I love when a person like me comes along and has no idea how to play, and I ask a simple question, and the nerds get mad because i just started on a game.

No, you just started on a MOD.

You bought a game y'know. Arma II.

Arma II actually has gameplay and can be played WITHOUT DayZ. Scary thought, I know.

I mean fuck, if people would just spend 30 minutes and go through all the fucking TUTORIALS in Arma II, they would learn EVERYTHING THEY NEED TO KNOW FOR DAYZ.

If the door can be opened, you'll be presented with two green triangles on the screen, one pointing up, the other down. Scroll and choose the option and you're in.

No, you just started on a MOD.

You bought a game y'know. Arma II.

Arma II actually has gameplay and can be played WITHOUT DayZ. Scary thought, I know.

I mean fuck, if people would just spend 30 minutes and go through all the fucking TUTORIALS in Arma II, they would learn EVERYTHING THEY NEED TO KNOW FOR DAYZ.

Or he could ask a simple question, and get a simple answer.

Q. at 11.24 (my local time)

A. at 11.24 (my local time)

That just gave him 29 min. of extra time to play DayZ

• Like 1

Wow....so much rage for a simple question.

I was just being a smart ass, but holy crap, I think some of these nitwits need a time out or something.

If you guys get this bent out of shape about this shit you should probably be elsewhere instead of chit chatting with the public...

Can't tel if you used google translate or you're just pms'ing everywhere because someone asked a simple question, grow the fuck up and remove your keyboard until you're capable of interacting with others.

Edit, it amazes me that you are 40 and respond like a spoilt 5 year old girl...

No it blows my fucking mind that people cannot just use a simple search on google, its not hard really try it!!! <_<

What pisses me is simple fucking things that can be found on Google and people decide to create a whole new thread, just because they cannot be arsed to use a search engine!!! >:(

just ignore them.. haters opinions mean less then the value of a turd. less then that even actualy..

ps beware of opening/closing doors they have a chance to break ur bones, not even kidding on that..

Edited by Siberian
  • Like 1

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the all powerful gate overlords that can inflict broken legs upon those that are foolish enough to close them.

Hey Sires,

Try to ignore the haters as much as you can, it's definitely recommended that you do a search in the forums/google/wiki, before posting. With all of the people picking this mod up (myself included, never playing Arma prior either mind you) there's a lot that has been answered already. If you can’t' find anything after searching around by all means ask away.

A small tip (think Itchy's genitals small) and in addition to the 'Closing doors will break bones' careful crawling around in prone on buildings/dear stands, a friend of mine has had some nasty injuries this way, I personally haven't. Just something to be aware of.

Good luck in Chernarus, and remember that any game with a first person view and guns draws quite the admirable crowd.

No it blows my fucking mind that people cannot just use a simple search on google, its not hard really try it!!! <_<

What pisses me is simple fucking things that can be found on Google and people decide to create a whole new thread, just because they cannot be arsed to use a search engine!!! >:(

Really, that's what gets you worked up? I think you should really fuck off from these forums and possibly the internet if this is how you react whenever someone asks a question you know the answer to and rather than responding in a civilised manner that a 40+ year old or even a toddler should. You sir are a grade 1 dickhead.

Oh and another note, the OP would of put more effort into creating this thread than a google search anyway here is one for you.

http://bit.ly/OMm38N

Really WTF!!!! <_<

It's people like you poisoning the community, I doubt your first time playing Arma 2 was a breeze.