zq7

Rocket: Anything you need to tell us?

pjN6O.jpg

The end of our beginning, oh my dayz...

As in...the intro has transitioned into the main body.

• Like 1

I think he means it's time to get on with the next stage... Nothing too dramatic.

• Like 2

He ment the beginning is over. The game is possibly going into beta or whatever.

That's good news as I see it. Maybe they're getting ready to take it to another level? Sweet.

And....?

The end of the beginning comes just before the beginning of the middle and just after the middle of the beginning. Whats your point?

• Like 1

If it is the end of the beginning then it must also be the beginning of the end. Doom!

• Like 1

Well, it sounds like that after the next patch they're going to be focusing on the standalone product release. He said September would be on the early side, but could realistically see it coming out not too long after that (and before the end of the year). So, I would guess that the end of DayZ as a mod is maybe 2+ months away.

he's inspired by the million players referring to a transition the game is taking, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a beta coming soon.

Edited by Criminal

I think, I speak for all of us, when I say, that this is either good, great, bad, terrible or okay news.

• Like 2

What Rocket means is that the current game(the beginning of DayZ) will end, as in a total restart, once the next update comes out.

I don't want to see a standalone out until after arma3 release otherwise the standalone will probably be on the arma2 engine.