Adoran

Banned for Nazi Nicks possible?

Is it allowed to ban players because of their nick names?

I'm an Admin and i don't want to have people named Hitler;Rommel;Nazi,SSGuys on my server.

I'am allowed to kick/ban them?

• Like 3

You can send them a ingame message asking them to kindly change there name.

If they don't you can kick them. Don't think you can ban though. unless abusive.

Rommel and SSguys you can't complain about.

What if SS stands for Silly Squirrel? Whats wrong with Rommel? its a frikkin name. which happens to be the name of a German General.

Hitler and Nazi I can see, but you just cant ban whoever you want because there is a "slight" implication. I ban people all day @ work. you have to think about these things from a professional standpoint and not your personal feelings.

• Like 1

Just ban them. Who's going to argue that you can't? If you get any grief start a pettion. That'll shut them up quickly.

Rules seem to have been updated...

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

12. You are permitted to kick or ban for hate speech, including racism and homophobia.

All kick or ban actions must be reported in the forums under section

I would say it falls easily under racism to have a name that ties to "Hitler" or "Nazi". Then again I work in a company where one of our clients is a guy who legitimately has the last name "Hitler"...so you never know I guess.

• Like 1

Rommel and SSguys you can't complain about.

What if SS stands for Silly Squirrel? Whats wrong with Rommel? its a frikkin name. which happens to be the name of a German General.

Hitler and Nazi I can see, but you just cant ban whoever you want because there is a "slight" implication. I ban people all day @ work. you have to think about these things from a professional standpoint and not your personal feelings.

Except it's not a professional situation and the server is paid for by the admin. I take your point about "SS" could stand for anything but it's inferred meaning is pretty obvious when grouped with other players such as "Hitler". Common sense should rule, which in the workplace it's frequently not allowed to because of pedantic rules.

But SS is Scout Sniper! Why bun that?

Well they should change their name then, unless they're 10 years old and haven't studied history it should be pretty obvious that they're glorifying an historic organisation infamous for racism and genocide.

I would ban them immediately, "Nazi" and "Hitler" are insulting nicknames not only for jewish players. I strongly doubt that BI or the DAYZ team would have any problems with it. And if there are "SSGuys" playing together with these guys, well yes, i'm sure they are Scout-Snipers. Gimme a break...

• Like 2

Well they should change their name then, unless they're 10 years old and haven't studied history it should be pretty obvious that they're glorifying an historic organisation infamous for racism and genocide.

You call the "Scout Sniper (MOS 0317, formerly 8541) is a secondary MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) designator of U.S. Marine Corps infantrymen and reconnaissance Marines that have successfully graduated from a USMC Scout Sniper School" the 10 years old who did not study in school and have no knowledge in history?

You may think about contacting the DAYZ team, i wouldn't wonder if they would ban him without any discussion.

Most people do things like this to get attention. Ignore them and they feel stupid.

don't we have to draw the line somewhere ?

You call the "Scout Sniper (MOS 0317, formerly 8541) is a secondary MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) designator of U.S. Marine Corps infantrymen and reconnaissance Marines that have successfully graduated from a USMC Scout Sniper School" the 10 years old who did not study in school and have no knowledge in history?

Did you read my first post about common sense and inferred meaning? If I see a guy on a server with "SS" as a tag I think nothing of it. If I see a group of players join a server using SS, Hitler, Nazi guys and so on I think it's pretty obvious which context you can use.

You can send them a ingame message asking them to kindly change there name.

If they don't you can kick them. Don't think you can ban though. unless abusive.

I agree with all of that except the not banning. If they don't change the name, ban them.

don't we have to draw the line somewhere ?

Yeah, draw the line at the point to when they start screwing up the game by hacking and other stuff like that.

Who cares about a couple idiots that wanna name themselves Nazis or people from that party? Guess they didn't get the memo that the Nazis lost the war.

Edited by UberFAKnNooB
  • Like 1

Wrong section.

Thread Moved

My advice? If the name is offensive, ask them to remove or change their name. At the least kick them out of your server. Only if it persists should they be banned, but then again why ban for a name?

I don't speak officially, just my sense. Moving thread.

• Like 1

So the acronym SS has forever been labeled taboo and can't ever be used? Sorry, but that's silly. Banning someone with SS in their name is admin abuse. They could simply like boats.

• Like 1

So the acronym SS has forever been labeled taboo and can't ever be used? Sorry, but that's silly. Banning someone with SS in their name is admin abuse. They could simply like boats.

You didn't read the thread obviously, there were others named Hitler and Nazi. So how obvious does it has to get what "SS" is meant here ? We don't talk about cars like a Chevy Nova SS (super sport). We're virtually killing other human players in that game. And imho it's not only "Names", player names are seen ingame and a lot of other websites monitoring DAYZ servers. Theres no excuse for racism.

Edited by gambla
  • Like 2

Your the second person to reply to that one post without reading the thread properly. I clearly said twice that it's about the inferred meaning. Read the thread properly and stop making me repeat myself.