specterm

Dropping DayZ like a bad habit.

I know its in alpha and I hope that my feedback helps the devs.

I have been incredibly addicted to this game and I dont know why.

1. I run for hours, drive for hours. Still have no idea what Im looking for. Having stuff and killing zombies is overshadowed by bandits that use cheats to get whatever they want, whenever they want and kill you. The bugs in this game give any player that learns them a HUGE advantage over beginners and yet the devs consistently make it more difficult for newer players. what is the point in searching for food and drink when you know the infinite food bug. Not to mention if your health goes down you can eat just 1 piece of meat over and over again till your health is back up.

2. The introduction of the helicopter was huge and got me excited to play DayZ again, but once the hackers blew up the chopper after roughly 5 hours of use It sucked all life out of me. 7 Days to get it back? ugh.

3. For 7 days I contributed to base building. vehicle hording. in a locked down town that was so bugged out with barbed wire glitches it basically made the game unplayable. We were able to hold off several invasions of our town, but the second the team got their buddies together they just all piled up in one server at the same spot. joined ours and wiped us out. Where is the fun in that? When player server jump to catch you by surprise and spawn rape you.

4. Our helicopter was supposed to spawn in last night. I was in the server for 5 hours just watching the spawn point with night vision goggles. I sat and watched while at least 4 server jumpers spawned in, ran past the chopper site and exited the server. Had I gotten in a shoot out with them, more than likely they would have alt + f4'd and If I died I didnt want to miss the opportunity to get the chopper back in case it spawned so i sat silent. waiting. Nothing! This morning I woke up and logged in. Guess what! I died upon spawning into the map. I respawned in a bug zone. I aborted and came back in cherno with all my gear and weapons still in tact. Serisously? WTF? Should I assume the people that were in the sever were cheaters? or is it a game bug?

5. Ran up to one of my known vehicle locations and drove up to solnichney. repaired the truck, filled up the jerry cans. saved it. a guy joined the server. Figured I would look for the UAZ up at black lake, which I had basically done everyday for the past 7 days and never found it. My game shut down on me. This game has NEVER just shut down with an error message. So I log back into game.. Guess what? Dead again. spawning back at cherno with all my gear.. WTF?

-this game has consumed up so much of my time with little to NO reward. fight outs are confusing. player movements are clunky. The game is just bad. Great concept. I cant wait to see it on an engine that actually works. I hope that in the future the cheating situation is resolved. It has really done it for me.

thanks for the games.

Good Luck with DayZ

• Like 3

This game was great until a whole boatload of hackers got on here. I have not encountered any to my knowledge but I've had plenty of fishy deaths lately and other strange things happening. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more leave until something is done about the hackers. More then what's already being done.

As a great man once said. "Don't let the door kill you on the way out".

LOL.. maybe we should add that bug to my list. or how about the bug that you die when you come down off a ladder. LOL

I agree completely. The game requires you to put work in to get something out. But what's the point when a hacker can just spawn what he wants into the game? Not to mention all the other gay shit happenings. Breaking your legs on barbed wire, doors, and zombies. Last time I checked a punch to the face doesn't crack your shins in two. Then there's the fact you have to spend time to get decent gear. Which is fun and I like doing but then you get mowed down by some russian kid who shoots everything he sees as soon as he picks up a gun. It doesn't help some one with an AS50 is willing to waste a round on a newspawn. The game is too buggy to play. For a game that requires you to put so much into it, it's just too buggy. You can loose all of your work with in seconds. Hackers, glitches, randoms. Too much work for no reward. I'll keep playing it and I'll probably buy WarZ and DayZ's full release. But they need to do something with this game before hackers completely fuck everything up.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more leave until something is done about the hackers. More then what's already being done.

Honestly, i don't think this engine can be made "hack-resistant" enough unless there's some major rewrite of it, which is highly highly unlikely.

yea i aggree with all of them stop adding shit to the game start working on the anti cheat and bugs god wtf are you still adding shit till its sucure, pretty soon you wont have anyone playing anymore and your game will be useless..

(my grammer is great shut up ) lawl

Unfortunately I feel the same way as the OP. the game is great on paper, but with this engine and the way it is being exploited left and right...I don't care what your argument is for it being an Alpha...it can't be fixed in its current engine...ever. I really love the game, but it is getting boring doing the same thing over and over, only to be hacked or glitched or killed by a server hopper or what have you. I have enjoyed my legit deaths as I could say, "well done, you got me, fair and square" (which far outweigh the hacked ones...including a few thunderdome hacks/server nukes). But those unfair deaths have left a mark in my mind, what could I have done if I hadn't died and wasted hours upon hours getting geared up and teamed up with clan-mates only to die again?

I'm not saying I'm leaving, but man, we as gamers need more to do in this game then just run for hours, encounter someone and die.

• Like 2

Well articulated, but the fact remains that it is an alpha, like you indicated before you started calling it a game. You're not supposed to get anything out of it other than the active experience, and the satisfaction that you are helping make something which has amazing potential. It sounds to me like you dove into it like it was a game. It's just not a game yet, and doing anything with the expectation of permanence or progression is kinda crazy. You got a truck? Great, drive it, have fun, crash it, die. Don't try to go get another fucking truck lol.

The problems are big problems, but exposing the weaknesses of the engine is part of the testing. The fact that the alpha is insanely popular isn't the dev's fault.

So you didn't quit DayZ, so much as you decide you're sick of playtesting.

Edited by Blomquist23

Can I have your loot ?

Dude!! I have got some loot for you.

I have a M4 Halo CCO SD with 3 SD mags. I have a Thermal sniper.. Not even sure of the name of it, Ssomething or another. And you can have them mags. I find this crap off of ppl I kill isnt it cool? I got NV . goggles. Coyotee pack, gilly, whatever dude just take it.

I have a M4 Halo CCO SD with 3 SD mags. I have a Thermal sniper.. Not even sure of the name of it, Ssomething or another. And you can have them mags. I find this crap off of ppl I kill isnt it cool? I got NV . goggles. Coyotee pack, gilly, whatever dude just take it.

Not interested in sniper gear. More than half my firefights end up under 200m. I would love that M4 though.

Everyone would love a hacked in weapon, Kill Roy... lol

:( didn't know its hacked. Where can I get a list of Day Z guns so I know what to look for ?

google dayz wiki

This hacked weapon sucks anyway. Take the M4 CCO SD that I got in like 20 tents throughout our server. Its much better.

Unfortunately I feel the same way as the OP. the game is great on paper, but with this engine and the way it is being exploited left and right...I don't care what your argument is for it being an Alpha...it can't be fixed in its current engine...ever. I really love the game, but it is getting boring doing the same thing over and over, only to be hacked or glitched or killed by a server hopper or what have you. I have enjoyed my legit deaths as I could say, "well done, you got me, fair and square" (which far outweigh the hacked ones...including a few thunderdome hacks/server nukes). But those unfair deaths have left a mark in my mind, what could I have done if I hadn't died and wasted hours upon hours getting geared up and teamed up with clan-mates only to die again?

I'm not saying I'm leaving, but man, we as gamers need more to do in this game then just run for hours, encounter someone and die.

Well said patterson. I guess the better way to say what I want is.... Im done beta testing for dayZ.. Let me know when the real thing comes out thats not on arma2 engine.

Cya mate, look ya up in WarZ. Im tired of dying to insta kill bandit hackers as well, catch ya soon.

See both of you back here after you realize the mistake you've made.

sounds like somebody is just fatigued from playing too much. you'll be back

a mod for arma 2 will never be hacker proof, but a standalone on the engine ( hopefully arma 3) could be made hacker proof, they just need to stop the ability to run just any script from the clients.

The game is alpha and it is buggy, if you don't want to test the game any more that's totally fine and I'm sure any feedback helps the developers. I agree on some of your points but I still find the game fun and I think it has a lot of potential growth. I think you'll be back tho once the game is a bit more polished :).

So your complaining about hacks, yet, your using a hacked weapon. LOL

investing hope in the arma 3 mod is your only hope folks

to suggest arma is shitty btw is just dumb. everything from the trees, to the birds and everything from guns to buildings in dayz is all armas work

probs wont work out the best way. however, if a sizable chunk do give up due to hackers/exploiting then the problem will solve itself that way

either way its a waiting game, but you wont catch me on l4d or any other gameboy version of this mod concept like ya "warz"

LOL.. maybe we should add that bug to my list. or how about the bug that you die when you come down off a ladder. LOL

Geez, who would have known that an alpha mod has bugs?
  • Like 1

Geez, who would have known that an alpha mod has bugs?

Yeah but a ladder? That's game making 101...

• Like 1