kickass12321

how to fix bird spawn

i keep spawning as a bird and im new so i dont know if this is normal but if it isnt can someone please help on how to fix this problem

That would be the work of a hacker, I have no clue. Ask DayZ staff

can u kill yourself somehow? Or u spawn as a bird and after u die??

A hacker did it to you, die and change servers.

no i downloaded arma 2 and day z and any server i go to i always spawn as a bird for some reason and i dont know how to fix it

I have a friend who bought Arma 2 and Arrowhead of steam, same as I did and while he can play dayz, when I set up an Arrowhead Armory server he can't get in except as a crown.

But how do you kill yourself if you're already dead? If a hacker turns you into a crow, why is this guy coming back as a crow in other servers? Does anyone know enough about arma or dayz to be able to explain and advise?

Sorry you're having a similar problem, kickass. I'll let you know, if I work it out.

Ok, Kickass, thinking about it, if you are still a crow (that's a spectator - though that shouldn't be an option in dayz, it the hacker who did that to you) then you need to try other servers.

If that doesn't work the only thing to try is find someone here who is willing to meet you in a server and you land so they can shoot you and then try to respawn as new player.

Edited by Sula

i would like to be a bird scouting all the camps on the map :D

I know, right?

Ca-caw Ca-caw! Camp 500 meters north!

minimum requrements to play dayz is that you own and have installed ArmA 2 operation arrowhead and ArmA 2 free, not just arma 2

Edited by Leetflakes

Bumping just in case any adults see the thread and can offer advice. Is there anything this poor guy can do to stop being a crow. I've suggested he goes into a server with a pal and let the pal shoot him, so he can spawn again.

Bumping just in case any adults see the thread and can offer advice. Is there anything this poor guy can do to stop being a crow. I've suggested he goes into a server with a pal and let the pal shoot him, so he can spawn again.

I have the same problem too.

I have the free version and I've bought the Combined Ops pack for 25 bucks through Steam.

Friends have no visual of me as a crow and I can't be killed by any appliable way in the game!

Any other adults who want to contribute?!

I just bought the combo pack tonight from Steam, all installed after starting Steam as Admin. I used DayZ Commander to get the add on and the first server I got on I was a blamed crow.... got on 2 others and the same thing. I have the CD keys. Anyone have a thought? Thanks.

I have same this but they say that you downloaded it illegaly but i have proof of purchase i honestly think that its dayz 1 of there updates fucked shit up so ye..

Hi, i have the same problem... damn crow...I purchased yesterday arma 2 and operation arrowed from steam.

I Seem To Be Having The Same Problem When I Try To Join Anyones Server It Hangs Up On "Please Wait For Your Player To Setup" And When I Hit Esc I'm A Crow And Then I Try To Create My Own Server And I'm A Crow Running Everything Through Steam Arma 2 CO And DayZ And It Still Doesnèt Work How ComeÉ

And How Come The DayZ Mod On Steam Isnèt Updated To Let Me Play ALL The ServersÉ

And What The Hell Is With My Apostrophyèèèèèè And Question MarkÉÉÉ

Edited by Youkai

Eureka...i found the solution.

You have to download "DayZ Commander". Install and launch dyaz commander and select directly the server and then....enjoy

Eureka...i found the solution.

You have to download "DayZ Commander". Install and launch dyaz commander and select directly the server and then....enjoy

that does NOT work

I Seem To Be Having The Same Problem When I Try To Join Anyones Server It Hangs Up On "Please Wait For Your Player To Setup" And When I Hit Esc I'm A Crow And Then I Try To Create My Own Server And I'm A Crow Running Everything Through Steam Arma 2 CO And DayZ And It Still Doesnèt Work How ComeÉ

And How Come The DayZ Mod On Steam Isnèt Updated To Let Me Play ALL The ServersÉ

And What The Hell Is With My Apostrophyèèèèèè And Question MarkÉÉÉ

i'm not sure, what the hell is with capitalising every word?

As for the post itself: this used to happen the first time I installed DayZ but it was finxed by simply deleting all DayZ mod files, verifying the game cache for the Arma games in steam and then redownloading/unpacking the mod files for DayZ manually. If you aren't sure how to manually install check youtube or search the forums here, it's explained very well in a few places.

Edited by Gwraspe