Sign in to follow this  
T8TRG8TR

Why do people have such a hard on for barbed wire?

It seems like every major building in Elektro has barbed wire covering at least one entrance. I can get into the church MAYBE half the time. And it's the same on almost all servers. Is there some glitch that gives you unlimited barbed wire? I have a toolbox so I try to get rid of it but it's still annoying. Plus barbed wire is pretty much useless so I don't see why people feel the need to put it everywhere.

• Like 1

It's stupid because its only purpose is to block players; zombies can just walk through it.

Exactly! and there's hardly ever any players around. It's like they put it there just to be a dick, then leave.

• Like 1

Because if feels good wrapped around my...

O.. uhm. It is used to grief the newbs running around the main cities. Pretty much only use for it.

It's the damn kids putting up barbed wire everywhere.

• Like 1

Beans for making me laugh with your title.

But yeah, I don't even go to Elektro/Cherno and I still find barbed wire everywhere.

go get a toolbox and take them down if they piss ya off

• Like 2

It seems like every major building in Elektro has barbed wire covering at least one entrance. I can get into the church MAYBE half the time. And it's the same on almost all servers. Is there some glitch that gives you unlimited barbed wire? I have a toolbox so I try to get rid of it but it's still annoying. Plus barbed wire is pretty much useless so I don't see why people feel the need to put it everywhere.

When you see a ton of barbed wire at the Elektro/Cherno church... expect a hacker to teleport everyone on the server inside of the church soon.

go get a toolbox and take them down if they piss ya off

I have a toolbox. I don't have the time to use it if I'm outside with a zombie aggroed on me though.

Needs to just get rid of it if you ask me,

Player placed?

Randomly spawning?

It shouldn't exist as it's sole purpose is an inconvenience. If it affected zombies, or people used them to make decent traps or ambushes; maybe, MAYBE i wouldn't mind. But as long as it only remains as that extra 3 minutes of idiocy as i try to vault over it to eventually 'loot' an empty church in the middle of elektro i fail to see the point in it's inclusion.

When you see a ton of barbed wire at the Elektro/Cherno church... expect a hacker to teleport everyone on the server inside of the church soon.

So you leave the server...

Generally I see it used most as a trap. A common set up is to place some in front of the door to a control tower, and then wait in the stairwell for someone to start trying to remove it. They then pick the player off from inside, and climb out from the ladder to loot.

It's just annoying because the wire keeps coming back, being attached to the server and all.

Yeah I've been wondering about it, there's always barbed wire in a warehouse in fucking Kamenka, WHY?!

That's nothing, I saw some in Kamenka sprawled along the side of a shed and an outhouse so that you could only enter them by vaulting a fence. I don't understand the point in that, something tells me it was randomly spawned.

Yeah I've been wondering about it, there's always barbed wire in a warehouse in fucking Kamenka, WHY?!

I think a lot of people find these player structure items and instead of just leaving them, take them and put them up right there, just to do it. I see tank traps inside buildings constantly.

I was on a server where the entire of cherno was blocked off with barbed wire. You may think I am overexaggerating but I'm not. Every entrance was blocked, including the holes under the walls. I guess that's what people do when they lock the server for a couple of days.

So you leave the server...

I'd be leaving like 75% of the servers I join.

It's not like a game breaking issue, it's just irritation.

A lesser man would make a Pamela Anderson joke here. Thankfully nobody here would ever mention that name and ... oh.

It's commonly used for loot hoarding purposes on some servers. I was in the railway station in Elektro when the town was raided by a clan, 5-8 players I believe, two constantly in an off-roader the rest on foot. They first assaulted the buildings killing anything in sight (this was before the latest patch increasing zombie aggro and weapon nerfing, but I believe this type of raid is still done). I hid as soon as I heard the vehicle coming and was paranoid as fuck from all the gunshots ringing out around me. They hit both the fire stations, supermarket, the school and church. I watched them doing the central fire station, they drove the offroader to the gates and men covered the roads leading to it (I imagine they had sniper overwatch also though I never heard or saw it) One of them then went and dismantled the sandbags, barbed wire, hedgehog blocking the tower of the fire station. Then the tower was looted and the obstacles were replaced. I imagine they were duping the barbed wire etc. otherwise they'd have to visit a lot of industrial building in addition (though it is fairly common stuff as no-one really uses it other then for this type of thing). Then the offroader drove off and the rest of the players stealthily snuck off. I stayed put for a good few minutes to make sure the coast was clear before getting the fuck outta there. Was kind of cool to see as it was so professionally done but I hate when I can't get too loot. So now one of the first items I want to find after spawning is a toolbox. Even if there is no fresh loot spawned I always dismantle obstacles if I have the time, just to make the hoarders life a little harder.

• Like 3

"Plus barbed wire is pretty much useless so I don't see why people feel the need to put it everywhere."

"it's still annoying"

"I can get into the church MAYBE half the time"

"every major building in Elektro"

"almost all servers."

Pro tip: if everyone is doing it, it's probably not useless.

Bonus tip: the purpose is to keep you out of the buildings. Seems like it's working pretty damn well isn't it?

Seriously, I wonder how half the player base gets out of bed in the morning without choking on their alarm clock.

• Like 1

I hate barbed wire for the reasons given above. But I can top barbed wire! I hit the south barracks at nwaf and there was a fucking park bench in the foyer next to the showers!!

I was able to get in with some difficulty but it was worth it as I found a 5.56 ammo box. If I had been running from zombies Id have been toast.

How is it useless if it keeps people out of buildings? Seems like a legit use to me.

It's commonly used for loot hoarding purposes on some servers. I was in the railway station in Elektro when the town was raided by a clan, 5-8 players I believe, two constantly in an off-roader the rest on foot. They first assaulted the buildings killing anything in sight (this was before the latest patch increasing zombie aggro and weapon nerfing, but I believe this type of raid is still done). I hid as soon as I heard the vehicle coming and was paranoid as fuck from all the gunshots ringing out around me. They hit both the fire stations, supermarket, the school and church. I watched them doing the central fire station, they drove the offroader to the gates and men covered the roads leading to it (I imagine they had sniper overwatch also though I never heard or saw it) One of them then went and dismantled the sandbags, barbed wire, hedgehog blocking the tower of the fire station. Then the tower was looted and the obstacles were replaced. I imagine they were duping the barbed wire etc. otherwise they'd have to visit a lot of industrial building in addition (though it is fairly common stuff as no-one really uses it other then for this type of thing). Then the offroader drove off and the rest of the players stealthily snuck off. I stayed put for a good few minutes to make sure the coast was clear before getting the fuck outta there. Was kind of cool to see as it was so professionally done but I hate when I can't get too loot. So now one of the first items I want to find after spawning is a toolbox. Even if there is no fresh loot spawned I always dismantle obstacles if I have the time, just to make the hoarders life a little harder.

Me too,

The only reason why people place these fucking things is to - be a dick.

To hoard for their own benefit - A dick.

To stop other people from getting anything for themselves - A dick.

Just to annoy other people - A dick.

So I remove it full stop,

If I see someone placing it I treat them as potentially hostile as they are likely to be a dick.

T

I hate barbed wire for the reasons given above. But I can top barbed wire! I hit the south barracks at nwaf and there was a fucking park bench in the foyer next to the showers!!

I was able to get in with some difficulty but it was worth it as I found a 5.56 ammo box. If I had been running from zombies Id have been toast.

It's actually really easy to get over that. Getting out can be tricky but in is easy enough.