Sign in to follow this  
LtKillerSAS

Long Term Survival & 6 Rules To Keep You Alive!

Hi Guys I just wanted to make a post about Long Term survival and how it can be done. It has come to my attention that the average like spawn is about 27mins. I have been going now about 12-15 hours on one player with out getting my self killed. These are the 6 Rules I follow that keep me safe.

1) AVOID large cities (One exception)

2) Don't shoot unless necessary

3) Stay low and go slow

4) Trust no one (Explained later)

5) Don't push your luck

6) Always have an exit route

Rules for the LOL

1) Double tap them Zombie bitches

2) Eat well drink well, Stay Fit

Rule 1) explained

I only ever go into larger towns at dusk or dawn. Make sure you scout out the town ( Two angles for me i.e different view points). Look for zombies or players before going in. Find your target ( 1 or 2 buildings close together) this is where you want to go. DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THIS. You don't want to be greed only take what you need and get the hell out. Once this has been planed you make your approach. Rule 3) Low and slow. Stay to walls and small side streets until you make you make it to your target. Get what you want and then get out. Again Rule 3) Low and slow.

Rule 4) explained

Don't trust anyone, but this does not mean SHOOT THEM on site. If you see some one and want to join them ask ( friendly or not) no response just move on and leave the area. If there is a response of yes. Still be uneasy. move slowly towards them, keep your gun point away to show you are no threat. If you have a gut feeling this could end bad i.e in a large town, lots of zombies, gun shoots near you, don't risk it and move off. IF you see a player in the woods and he does not see you don't be an ASS and shoot him left him go. If one does see you try not to kill each other. Run off into the distance Rule 3) low and slow. Stay hidden for a bit.

Summary

All this being said this will not work all the time. The Rule that will let you down the most is Large cities. Day or night you will have guys in them that will shoot you and thus Rule 4) in cities I trust no one (BUT I DON'T KILL OR SHOOT BACK unless i take fire my self). But even then Rule 6) Always have an exit route. This should stop you from ever having to fire a shoot another players way. Not killed one player yet :)

Thank you

Rule #1 should really be: Play with a group of people on VOIP you already trust' date=' and can rely on to defend you. :)

[/quote']

Ya if you have a group of friends then yes that is the best thing you can have. If Not like I do most the time then I just have to make do. Sometimes I have a friend come over and play on my other computer and if works great.

Thats pretty much how i play it...

Also, dont forget rule 7: always make sure you are in a wooded area hidden from sight when you log out of the game, you dont want to log back in risking someone else seeing you.

That's a great set of rules and is exactly how I've learnt to play through trial, error and refinement.

I would add one more though, again learnt from bitter experience -

7) Always have at least one bandage, painkiller and morphine stick in your bag. Bleeding out with a broken leg on a remote, rainy hillside is no way to die.

Also, don't underestimate the Makarov. Practice headshots with it and you've got a decent, relatively quiet solution for that one zombie that just won't get out of your way.

Also' date=' don't underestimate the Makarov. Practice headshots with it and you've got a decent, relatively quiet solution for that one zombie that just won't get out of your way.

[/quote']

This. Unless you find an absolute ton of ammo for a different pistol the Makarov is fine and its ammo is one of the most common things in the game.

Don't trust anyone, but this does not mean SHOOT THEM on site. If you see some one and want to join them ask ( friendly or not) no response just move on and leave the area. If there is a response of yes. Still be uneasy. move slowly towards them, keep your gun point away to show you are no threat. If you have a gut feeling this could end bad i.e in a large town, lots of zombies, gun shoots near you, don't risk it and move off. IF you see a player in the woods and he does not see you don't be an ASS and shoot him left him go. If one does see you try not to kill each other. Run off into the distance Rule 3) low and slow. Stay hidden for a bit.

More often than not, I find this isn't a very viable rule, unless I'm heading the opposite direction. You can never be sure where a player is heading, and if you leave him alone now, he might come across you nearby later, and you can't count on him to show you the same mercy later.

Had an incident like this just this morning. I have a bandit skin, and was on my way to Cherno hospital for some med supplies, travelling along the north forest. I saw another player running about 500m below me in the forest, more or less the same direction. I didn't really want to kill him (trying to lose the bandit skin), but I knew that if he's also heading that direction and he sees me, I'm as good as dead.

That's a great set of rules and is exactly how I've learnt to play through trial' date=' error and refinement.

I would add one more though, again learnt from bitter experience -

7) Always have at least one bandage, painkiller and morphine stick in your bag. Bleeding out with a broken leg on a remote, rainy hillside is no way to die.

Also, don't underestimate the Makarov. Practice headshots with it and you've got a decent, relatively quiet solution for that one zombie that just won't get out of your way.

[/quote']

Oh god yes!

that and this one:

8: Never ever log out without having at least ONE piece of food and ONE piece of drink in your inventory... you might be starving or dying of thirst when you log back on.

Don't trust anyone' date=' but this does not mean SHOOT THEM on site. If you see some one and want to join them ask ( friendly or not) no response just move on and leave the area. If there is a response of yes. Still be uneasy. move slowly towards them, keep your gun point away to show you are no threat. If you have a gut feeling this could end bad i.e in a large town, lots of zombies, gun shoots near you, don't risk it and move off. IF you see a player in the woods and he does not see you don't be an ASS and shoot him left him go. If one does see you try not to kill each other. Run off into the distance Rule 3) low and slow. Stay hidden for a bit.[/quote']

More often than not, I find this isn't a very viable rule, unless I'm heading the opposite direction. You can never be sure where a player is heading, and if you leave him alone now, he might come across you nearby later, and you can't count on him to show you the same mercy later.

Had an incident like this just this morning. I have a bandit skin, and was on my way to Cherno hospital for some med supplies, travelling along the north forest. I saw another player running about 500m below me in the forest, more or less the same direction. I didn't really want to kill him (trying to lose the bandit skin), but I knew that if he's also heading that direction and he sees me, I'm as good as dead.

I can see your thinking behind it. In ways it might be the best thing to kill him. I guess it depends on your style of play.

most people avoid night time like the plague.

Dark servers are typically low population. If you want gear from the big towns, hassle free, then night time is your best friend. Learn to use chemlights, guns with flashlights like the g17 and the shotgun and you won't need goggles or gamma.

Flares are also a great way to distract zombies and blind those pesky NVG snipers.

Edited by vukster