Sign in to follow this  
MR DELICIOUS

Big list of tips. Share yours.

So many idiots on these forums are complaining endlessly about PvP and that it should be taken out. I've compiled a big list of tips to help them and the newbs out. These are generally unconventional tips and not everybody may agree, but I survive for ages with great equipment following these:

1. When you start, leave the coast as soon as possible. As in, run north immediately. Keep running until you find a barn, as these contain CZ, Enfield's and Winchesters.

2. Use a Winchester for the most part of the game. They work well at close and mid range, have a large ammo supply, many rounds in a mag and kill military zombies one hit.

3. Don't ever go to Chern or Elektro.

4. Don't ever go to Stary Sobor without a friend.

5. Don't ever go to NW airfield.

6. If you go to SW or NE airfield, have a friend covering with a sniper rifle.

7. Deer Stands are military occupied (usually by two military zombies). They contain the same weapon spawns that airfields do, are easy to find, and you'll never be disturbed. Airfields on average contain two-five military spawns and are fifty times more dangerous.

8. In a town, always engage zombies from inside a building or up high on a building. Their pathfinding slows them to a walk and it's really easy to swap to Makarov and head shot them all day long. If there isn't a building nearby, sprint into the nearest one and kill any zombies inside. You have twenty seconds or so to clear them out and turn around to kill any coming in. If you play this way, you will never die.

9. If you see a bandit while near zombies, never fire first. Just run and hide. Remember, the first shot is the one to call the zombies.

10. Learn building models to know exactly what you're going to find in them.

11. Never spend more than 20 minutes fighting zombies in a town (and I'm talking about any safe town in the north).

12. Never enter a town without a goal. Go to a fire station, a hospital or a super market etc. Know what spawns in there and make room for it so you don't have to fuss over whether or not to replace your bake beans with pepsi in a really dangerous place. You should be putting stuff in, never taking stuff out. (Don't break rules 3 or 4 to do this.)

13. Whenever travelling with friends, ask the question, "who is watching for enemies?"

14. Whenever you think you're safe, you are about to die. Always be alert.

15. Never run through the middle of a field. Staying in the treeline makes you a much harder target for any sniping bandits.

16. Practice situational awareness and put yourselves in the mind of other players. If people are looking to leave Elektro, which way are they going to go? There are several "highways" through the woods - valleys that are shallow enough to run up that many players follow up to Zug castle and so on.

17. Map your free look button and constantly look around you as you walk.

18. Unless there is more than one of you, don't try to build a vehicle.

19. Don't pick up stuff that isn't immediately usable.

20. Don't carry any food if you have a knife and matches. Kill a cow or pig, take their meat and cook it on a fire. It gives you blood back and so is worth more than food, and it's really easy to get.

21. If you don't play at night, don't carry night lights. If you want to get somebodies attention, throw a smoke grenade. With the new spawns, getting a road flare takes about two minutes.

22. Smokes distract zombies. If you're trapped by yourself at the top of a building, throw a smoke and the zombie's will run to it. Then you can shoot them easily. Otherwise, throw a smoke and escape.

23. It's much nicer to shoot somebody in the leg as a warning than outright killing them (unless they're a bandit). Generally, I'll ask twice in side chat, once in direct (if they're close enough), then I'll wound them in the leg to immobilise them. If they don't surrender or go passive, I'll kill them.

24. Equip the right weapon for the right time - CQB for towns etc.

25. Always climb a ladder while carrying your main weapon.

I'll think of a few more later.

Don't turn into a bandit - you'll be teleported to the debug zone with none of your gear. True story, folks.

Avoid areas with high density populations like Elek or Chern. It may be tempting to get fast loot but be wary that many Pkers know this as well and know you're going for it.

Always use cover and make small movements when exploring a city. You never know who's watching and minimizing your movement increases your chances of not getting noticed.

Sometimes it's better to shoot first and ask questions later. If you feel you're being threatened by another player take them out before they take you out.

Lame number 26, please take it off, I really don't like the idea of noobs running around with maxed brightness to fuck everyone who enjoys immersion.

Other than that awesome list :D.

Can you elaborate on where to find these deer stands?

The woods..................... :angel:

Can you elaborate on where to find these deer stands?

The woods..................... :angel:

There's also a few maps available with all the deer stands marked on them.

1. Stay off the roads, master map and compass.

2. If you can, play with a friend or friends.

3. Make it a habit to always look over your shoulder, even when staking a place out.

4. Never reveal your position in the chat.

5. Keep your best places to get loot to your self and your mates on vent.

6. Make use of full auto when engaging foes at short range.

pack extra food/water/medical supplies

primary for killing people/secondary for zombies

hit up elektro/cherno when you just spawn since you have nothing to lose

The chances of finding a GPS or a NVG is better/safer with looting dead Bandits than going to the NW Airfield.

Don't stay too close to your friend when he lob a fraggrenade 2 meters in front, thinking it was a smokegrenade - especially when carrying the items mentioned above in your inventory (true story I'm afraid)

Are you sure about the flares in N°22 ?

I've tried a few times (daylight) to no effect.

Smoke grenades work every time.

Correct me if I'm "incorrect" !

Teamspeak etc is an under used tool to aid in comms and create groups.

Never approach groups requesting assistance alone without having the upper hand and eyes on . If they can see you just passivly evade and escape.

Learn how to suppress enemies if your in a group with abundent ammo.

Bounding overwatch and arc assignments save lives. Sighting and contact calling effectivly will save your life

Are you sure about the flares in N°22 ?

I've tried a few times (daylight) to no effect.

Smoke grenades work every time.

Correct me if I'm "incorrect" !

You're correct, I made the correction in the main list. I have a feeling it worked at time of writing and might have been taken out. Whereas smoke was a visual power on zombies, flares were meant to be aural power, but I don't think it works anymore.

1. Don't tell your tips.

This. Since people on the forums kept telling where to find the best loot those two barracks are swarming with people. Every time I go there I have to kill at least 2 guys now...

Newspawned winchester guys are running straight there now and hope for a big cache.

-The sun rises in east and settles in west, around noon it's positioned due south.

-Use the constalation the Big Dipper to locate the north star and find north at night.

-Pay attention to the ear and eye icons on the right side of the screen. They indicate how much noise and movement you make and if zombie near by will detect you.

-Make it a habit always to move crouched to reduce audible/visual noise. Run crouched if you're fairly comfortable with your surroundings, walk crouched if you hear zombie moans or spot one.

-Moving prone makes you very hard to detect for zombies.

-Moving couched will tax your stamina and affect you aim and accuracy more than moving upright, but if you stay undetected you don't have to shoot very often.

-Surfaces have different noise levels, stay off asphalt roads or move on them carefully.

-Winchesters and Makaros are makes less noise than most other firearms.

NW airfield spawns god-tier loot in the barracks, the only spot to get, for example, the silenced M4 with acog scope, or M136 rocket launcher.

Don't go swimming with your backpack on you may loose things inside.

Use a main weapon (not pistol) when climbing ladders.

You can fit another main weapon in your backpack.

- CZ Vest Pouch is a Trap, NEVER GRAB IT

- Get off the damn coast ASAP

- 15 minutes is too long to spend anywhere

- Use your elementary school learnings and read this - http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/tactics.html

- Remember that the Two Barracks at the NW Airfield are the ONLY places to get some of the best weapons

- Zombies can't see for shit, but damn they can hear

- if you have to ask friendly more than once, they're not

- drop your weapon and ammo before switching to something else, otherwise it will erase that weapon and ammo!

- GET OFF THE DAMN COAST