rocket

Pending Build Progess: 1.5.9

Where should heatpacks spawn guys? fucked if I know. What you think?

heatpacks? why use heatpacks? Can't you roll in a warmthness factor for skins/outfits? I think this is a easy and elegant combination of your new features(temp and changeable skins).

I'm pretty sure he browses all the popular places' date=' to get feedback on the mod.

[/quote']

I dunno, I'm a pretty open minded guy, but even I have to say that 4chan is the LAST place I would go for feedback on anything.

Hey I agree.

But feedback is feedback, be it good/bad/utterly retarded

I'm pretty sure he browses all the popular places' date=' to get feedback on the mod.

[/quote']

I dunno, I'm a pretty open minded guy, but even I have to say that 4chan is the LAST place I would go for feedback on anything.

/v/ and /b/ are quite difference places really

Hey I agree.

But feedback is feedback' date=' be it good/bad/utterly retarded

[/quote']

Heh, tell that to this forum.

Anywho, I guess we'll wait for the testing to be complete.

In other news: Just killed the biggest roach I have ever seen in my life. Seriously, thing was big enough to take on an adult Georgia grasshopper.

What? :huh: I didn't feel like my post had enough to it...

You guys are some self-entitled, snot-nosed punks.

This is a FREE mod in ALPHA. He will get it done when he gets it done. In the mean time, enjoy the fruits of his labor and report bugs as you encounter them.

I would like to say I've been following this thread since it was first posted and I'm a little appalled how at first there was praise and now it seems that many people are demanding, and blinding insulting Rocket for not having yet released this patch or addressing some bugs in it either.

I would like to remind the haters out there that this is his baby, his dream and if he feels that more testing needs to be done on the new patch then well more testing needs to be done. As far as some of the bugs go, this is alpha an theres still a long way to go, an many more patches, it will all be dealt with I'm sure.

So we should be so happy that he wants our input, our ideas, that he cares what we think regarding the content. That he keeps us in the loop an updates so regularly.

an I think for all Rockets given to us, the least we can do is be patient.

Having said that, I would like to thank you Rocket and your team for bringing this idea to life.

-Kaw

trimmed

I kinda doubt you're talking to me, but just in case, I'm being patient. See? I'm going to sleep right now...and I probably won't be on the forums tomorrow. I might check Monday and see how things are doing, but I'm being patient.

There is also an exploit, I find this sometimes happens. When logging into a server with a full magazine, and firing off a couple shots ( doesn't matter how many as long as you have at least one bullet in the mag) if you server hop you will then have a full magazine.

There is also an exploit' date=' I find this sometimes happens. When logging into a server with a full magazine, and firing off a couple shots ( doesn't matter how many as long as you have at least one bullet in the mag) if you server hop you will then have a full magazine.

[/quote']

What have u done!? U will burn in hell for this!

Rofl id like to see any other mod for any other game get developed this quickly and have a working build with for the most part working online servers so early on.

I saved a guy last night, he was running from a mob of zeds, i mowed a few down and he turned to face the last. In the end, he was badly bloodied his last request was for a bullet and that his death go to some use.

never have i ever experienced such fear, paranoia, excitement and sadness from a video game.

This is the greatest zombie game nay, greatest online game i have yet to find and the longer it takes, the better it will be and that is evident. Thousands of users are giving immediate feed back on everything, have some faith you impatient people! Everything is still new! Every bug i come across is fixed within hours of finding it.

You have my attention sir and you shall not lose it any time soon, i salute you and your people for finally creating the game i have been waiting for all my life.

Rocket please fix the temperature value display! It's never the correct value for me, so I always get sick before I even know my char is cold... :(

Testing....

QA is always the predecessor to release! Hope no major delays result from "shaking the tree".

Yeah let's hope the testing goes well and we get a good patch shortly.

Go Rocket! Go!

There is also an exploit' date=' I find this sometimes happens. When logging into a server with a full magazine, and firing off a couple shots ( doesn't matter how many as long as you have at least one bullet in the mag) if you server hop you will then have a full magazine.

[/quote']

What have u done!? U will burn in hell for this!

well this problem is harder than it seems, I think the server cant remember how many bullets have been used or something like that

Well rocket, take your time, the game is still pretty awesome even without the fixes, just do it your way, have been working good so far.

[/quote']

I was going to report this as well. I had around 60 rounds left in a 100 round belt, yet when I logged back in this morning the belt was back to 100. I've tested it on a few servers after seeing it, and it happens all the time. Not really any point in scavenging ammo spots if I can just relog with 1 round left and suddenly receive full ammo.

When the mod hits 1.6 there's going to be some confusion with both the game and the mod being 1.6something.

[/quote']

I was going to report this as well. I had around 60 rounds left in a 100 round belt, yet when I logged back in this morning the belt was back to 100.

That's not an exploit as far as I know. The database doesn't save the amount of ammo, only the number of clips. So any clip that isn't full in your inventory will disappear, and the one loaded in your weapon will fill up.

Please fix the bug that allows people to kill you before you spawn and loot your body :/ died 4 or 5 times in the past 3 days to this bug, I've also spawned without my silenced m9 and cobra and inventory today which was scarey since I could not defend myself (but this isnt as common as being killed by debug plains abusers). The scariest thing for me in this game is connecting to a server :/.

That's not an exploit as far as I know. The database doesn't save the amount of ammo' date=' only the number of clips. So any clip that isn't full in your inventory will disappear, and the one loaded in your weapon will fill up.

[/quote']

Oh, I didn't know that. In hindsight, that makes sense because I have noticed the occasional missing clip when I reconnect to a server.

I like DayZ

This update has all the goodies

ME WANT CAR !

^ Best part of this patch imo

Well Hopefully the Cars are repairable and easily fueled up with the next patch been having to work around it with 1.8.5.4

Well Hopefully the Cars are repairable and easily fueled up with the next patch been having to work around it with 1.8.5.4

How have you been working around it?

the one time a year i get to go on vacation and here i am sitting on the messageboards drooling over a new build that comes right as Iam leaving for said vacation for the better half of a month. oh well, all the fixes sound great cant wait to get back and play without as many bugs.

the one time a year i get to go on vacation and here i am sitting on the messageboards drooling over a new build that comes right as Iam leaving for said vacation for the better half of a month. oh well' date=' all the fixes sound great cant wait to get back and play without as many bugs.

[/quote']

When you get back, there will surely be even more great patch changes to enjoy :)