Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Freeman

Lack of night time?

I've noticed a trend when searching for good populated servers to play on. Whenever I get on servers which are in my timezone, say around midnight or 1 AM, it is always broad daylight....

Now to some people this may not seem like a problem, playing at night can be rather challenging, especially when you are not properly equipped; I however like playing at night, it feels like a almost completely different game and I like both the change in game play and pace.

Is there something I'm missing? Am I just getting really unlucky when searching for servers to play on at night or do practically all server owners have them reset when it gets dark in order to avoid playing in the dark?

I've had the same problem with servers mis-labeling their timezones.

At first I thought it was just mislabeled time zones but after join several servers (with different time zones) I did not find a single one that was dark :(

Seems as though many servers turn that feature off. I play on a few servers that NEVER go into the night cycle for some reason. I've noticed that quite a few servers have a NT label that is set to 0 or off which I can only guess means night time?

I agree about night time being like a totally different game. DayZ Commander has the ability to sort servers by time I highly recommend it.

• Like 2

I agree about night time being like a totally different game. DayZ Commander has the ability to sort servers by time I highly recommend it.

I'm currently using Six Launcher but it has been giving me a lot of trouble lately; would anyone else recommend Dayz Commander?

I'm currently using Six Launcher but it has been giving me a lot of trouble lately; would anyone else recommend Dayz Commander?

Definitely. DayZCommander is wonderful.

Wow, just got done downloading it and the layout is 100x better...thanks a lot for the reference!

Thanks so much for the suggestion to use DayZ Commander. It's a hell of a lot better than the alternatives.

The server I play on recently was like this for a long time, then we started restarting it more and the host (HFB) really pulled things together. Loading on the server is 10x faster than it used to be, it's far more stable, and we actually get to experience the full panoply of day times.

As someone who loves night time, I approve strongly of this. M4A3 CCO and G17 are some of my favorite weapons consequently.

At the risk of getting shot, M203 flares are fantastic at night. Don't last too long, but they light the place right up/

Yes, do go use it.