Mr. Pink

Killing two birds with one solution (scripting and snipers)

Ok, I don't have a big problem with sniping, as it ads a certain element of fear/danger to the game. However, it's a bit too prevalent, so I think this suggestion should help weed some of that out.

Scripting/scripters/script kiddies are the real issue here, and is the primary purpose of this suggestion.

It's simple, really: restrict the mod to 18+.

This is not a technical discussion, i.e. I don't want to hear "oh it's not possible, blah blah blah". This is a discussion on the suggestion's impact.

I suggest that if we got rid of all the kiddos in this game, we would cut scripting down by at least 70%, and sniping would go down about 40%.

• Like 1

I dont think the weapon people choose has anything to do with age.

Well if kids use sniper, then im a 19 year old kid running around with my DMR

• Like 1

.... And how exactly do you plan on enforcing this? Force players to send a scanned JPEG of their ID Card to devs along with the ingame Player ID?

• Like 2

Do I really have to bold this for you people?

ADD much?

This is not a technical discussion, i.e. I don't want to hear "oh it's not possible, blah blah blah". This is a discussion on the suggestion's impact.

• Like 1

I am geussing you got those statistics out of your arse?

Good idea though but isn't the game an 18?

ADD much?

What you should do is actually think your ideas through.

This would have little to no impact on the current state. I play with a group with 2 different snipers in it, both age 20+.

• Like 3

ADD much?

I'm not asking only you. I'm asking a single question so we can solve the first major hurdle.

Why would you want to hold a discussion on something that is not possible? Further, even if you did control the age group of the players, I don't think it would have the effect/impact that you seem to think it would.

god the amazing ammount of stupidty of OP is amazing.

you think that kids are the only one or for that matter the biggest source of scripting ???

there's probably a good balance between adult cheaters and kiddo cheaters cause the fact stays cheaters are gonna stay cheaters. not matter if their kids or adults.

do you think that when kids turn 18 or 21 ( both can be seen as becoming adult) that they magically stop cheating ? OP please wake up from your cozy dream cause you've got a flawed view of reality.

so no i am not agreeing

• Like 4

The impact, well... I can't really rate the impact because we don't have any of the numbers... your 70% and 40% are complete assumptions. I'd say less than 70% of the database is under 18, which should mean less than 70% of all hackers are less than 18. You need to rethink your strategy, and maybe your attitude.

Yes kids play,

Yes hackers hack,

but no, not all kids hack.

There's only one good solution to all of this: Wait until the stand-alone version is released, then complain when rocket can do something about it. As for now, it's relying on battleye, so he can't.

If its rated 18+ its restricted. As in kids can't get there hands on it without their parents buying it.

I think that majority of the players would still be over 18.

It would probably clean up the rampant script kiddy problem. Of course there will always be a problem - but it would probably cut the number in half.

Sniping wouldnt stop though.

Edited by DarkRaven123

I honestly didn't know your age determines your maturity. Im 15, I don't hack, nor Camp cherno and elektro. Not everyone is a script kiddie, or camper.

• Like 7

I honestly didn't know your age determines your maturity. Im 15, I don't hack, nor Camp cherno and elektro. Not everyone is a script kiddie, or camper.

beans for not camping cherno

• Like 1

Ok, I don't have a big problem with sniping, as it ads a certain element of fear/danger to the game. However, it's a bit too prevalent, so I think this suggestion should help weed some of that out.

Scripting/scripters/script kiddies are the real issue here, and is the primary purpose of this suggestion.

I suggest that if we got rid of all the kiddos in this game, we would cut scripting down by at least 70%, and sniping would go down about 40%.

I am 17. I do not script, and I use a M4A3 CCO. So fuck off, you complete and total cunt.

I'm 21 years old and currently have a SVD camo. Does this make me a kid? I don't see how your logic of using s sniper = being a child, because that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Sniping takes skill in this game, you can't just point and click, you have to take into account distance and bullet drop. If you are suggesting that sniping is too prevalent and that you yourself can't combat it, try flanking them or distracting them while a friend runs around and stabs him in the back. There are many ways to take out a sniper due to how limited of a view they have, and it just sounds like you can't fathom the means to do it.

Also, are you saying that men and woman in the army who have trained in long range weaponry are kids?

Edited by dontblamecows

That is a terrible idea. For one, how do you know that the majority of hackers and snipers are under 18? Also, what about the people who are under 18 that DON'T hack or sniper. It's okay if they get the short end of the stick?

• Like 2

If its rated 18+ its restricted. As in kids can't get there hands on it without their parents buying it.

I think that majority of the players would still be over 18.

It would probably clean up the rampant script kiddy problem. Of course there will always be a problem - but it would probably cut the number in half.

Sniping wouldnt stop though.

I'm simply talking about reduction, never said it would wipe anything out completely.

I think it would be better to make it 74+. Then no one would have problems with scripting and snipers.

Wait hang on... Isn't CoD an 18? Does that stop them? Nope..

• Like 1

Your suggestion's impact is ZERO because it cannot be enforced.