Mr. Pink

Killing two birds with one solution (scripting and snipers)

Also 1 last thing how do you know that most of the scripting is done by under 18 year old you. I'm 27 to btw so I am in no way under 18 but really your solution makes no sense it makes me wonder your state of mind that this a potential solution.

Bad idea, I play with a group of mature non-hackers. and we are all below 18 >.>

You were trolling when you wrote this post right?

I have a revised plan on page 2 that would allow under 18 to have their own servers. So, you'd be all set.

Mr. Pink I think you should take a nap before you make anymore posts.

Ok, I don't have a big problem with sniping, as it ads a certain element of fear/danger to the game. However, it's a bit too prevalent, so I think this suggestion should help weed some of that out.

Scripting/scripters/script kiddies are the real issue here, and is the primary purpose of this suggestion.

It's simple, really: restrict the mod to 18+.

This is not a technical discussion, i.e. I don't want to hear "oh it's not possible, blah blah blah". This is a discussion on the suggestion's impact.

I suggest that if we got rid of all the kiddos in this game, we would cut scripting down by at least 70%, and sniping would go down about 40%.

ROFLROFL!!!! People he is trolling don't take it to heart..Jesus..

Edited by RyBo

Considering a large scale of players already bought the game, or had their parents buy it. If this came into effect, Arma II would get a very large amount of angry phone calls. As has been said, this ofcourse will never happen so there is no need for a discussion.

Your statistics are made up, and no one here can judge impact of doing this without proper statistics on age groups.

Arma 2 is already 18+, but people lie about their age on the internet. If you would somehow enforce this in the game stores, then kids would get their stupid parents to buy them shit.

Finally, a thread with some concrete, statistical backing.

Do I really have to bold this for you people?

ADD much?

This is not a technical discussion, i.e. I don't want to hear "oh it's not possible, blah blah blah". This is a discussion on the suggestion's impact.

Thats like saying "We should just add a hack prevention feature that sends people to the house of hackers to rape them. I dont want to hear its not possible, this is just discussing my idea."

Why bother talking about something you cant make happen? You have no evidence you would lower sniping or hacking, there is no way to get evidence for or against your idea, and there is no possible way to actually put this idea in the game, in any form. Its not worth talking about.

Thats like saying "We should just add a hack prevention feature that sends people to the house of hackers to rape them. I dont want to hear its not possible, this is just discussing my idea."

My idea is far more practical than your suggestion. No need to go overboard.

Ok, I don't have a big problem with sniping, as it ads a certain element of fear/danger to the game. However, it's a bit too prevalent, so I think this suggestion should help weed some of that out.

Scripting/scripters/script kiddies are the real issue here, and is the primary purpose of this suggestion.

It's simple, really: restrict the mod to 18+.

I suggest that if we got rid of all the kiddos in this game, we would cut scripting down by at least 70%, and sniping would go down about 40%.

Random percentages pulled from your ass, make you sound retarded.

What is the point in even creating this thread without technical discussion?

I'm 25. I sit at the airfield with 2-6 other team mates and we roll anyone coming in. Funny shit. Love my DMR.

Hey, lets discuss the impacts of a human colony on Mars. We could build our Nuclear Plants there and get all the good Energy without the risk. Doesnt matter if its probably not possible in the next one or two hundred years, lets just discuss the impact! [/sarcasm]

Edited by rev0

The OP is right about one thing though. Sniping is a bit too common. The duping of items certainly doesn't help either.

The whole age thing is a laughable troll though :)