resausk

Battleye's a joke...

there was a mass murder hack in bf3, which uses punkbuster

i remember sitting in a plane on a runway and being killed by a pistol, along with everyone else on the server

not to mention the level of wallhacking and aimbotting in that game. there was no spectator mode either so admins couldnt deduct if ppl were cheating. this is because cheating is a massive part of the fps industry

so i am pretty repulsed by the talk of punkbuster. punkbuster also covered cs ffs? CS...

deal with it chumps, the alternatives are worse and likely story is that troll hackers continue.. so what, just learn to deal with it already

• Like 1

How can you say any anti-cheat program is bad? A cheat can't be detected unless used, you can't expect someone to banned as soon as they use it.

VAC bans are timed, so they could happen anytime, but they ban in waves banning people with the same hack.

I'm not sure how BattlEye works but I imagine it's harder because people use cheat engine to hack?

I'm sure there are heaps of players now that don't use teleporting or godmode but just hack their "legitimate gear" in.

They can easily rationalise it as not wasting time gathering stuff before they are warped into the sky..

If I wasn't vehemently opposed to hacking of ANY type I would be doing this.

devs need to put all other iterations on hold until they have a solution to this problem.

People seem to forget here that although there are plenty of hacks in BF3, MW series, CS etc.

It's more frustrating in dayz purely because you have to literally spend sometimes hours hunting for loot to build up an inventory/arsenal.

You don't spawn with a full kit of gear every 30 seconds or whatever like you do in those FPS games. That, I think... is more the reason people are frustrated by it.

People seem to forget here that although there are plenty of hacks in BF3, MW series, CS etc.

It's more frustrating in dayz purely because you have to literally spend sometimes hours hunting for loot to build up an inventory/arsenal.

You don't spawn with a full kit of gear every 30 seconds or whatever like you do in those FPS games. That, I think... is more the reason people are frustrated by it.

because people have a false sense of entitlement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkVcNck06eQ

there's a video of a mass murderer on bf3, a stinking AAA title using punkbuster

if that doesnt make you deal with it i dont know what will

Yes, but Punkbuster also busted all those "premium" cheat sites. BF3 is a cheater-free game, don't compare BF3 to DayZ

Yes, but Punkbuster also busted all those "premium" cheat sites. BF3 is a cheater-free game, don't compare BF3 to DayZ

erm what a load of bollox, but nice try

• Like 1

Lol, do you guys have no idea what Arma 2 is? People had no reason to cheat in it, the Arma 2 engine is ill-suited for Day Z and the gay little kids hacking it. This is an Alpha, get lost and wait for the standalone if you're tired of hackers.

as far as i know, the standalone will be based on arma3 engine, and guess what anti cheat they will be using.... battleye!

• Like 1

delusional, stupid, troll?

The "School for Children with Special Needs" made Battleye!! Show some respect! Jeez...

The "School for Children with Special Needs" made Battleye!! Show some respect! Jeez...

Do you people even read the thread???

I will repost what I said earlier. You and those decrying Battleye seem to think it isn't blocking hacks. Those are NOT hacks that are happening in DayZ.

The problem is all those scripts that are being run are NOT hacks. They are designed to be part of the Arma2 game.

The regular servers have been runnign for years relying on the scripting ability built into the Arma2 engine to bring unique and fun missions and mods. Arma2 has been around and working fine for years.

A good mission maker can create a large scale combined arms combat mission for 30 or 60 players with triggers, teleporting from debug to spawns etc all in a few hours. Not many other games make that possible.

The popularity of DayZ has brought a LOT of players who have no experience with Arma2. They don't realize what the game engine allows.

Scripting is a problem in DayZ but it is meant to be there for Arma2, that is why Battleye doesn't kick for it. The Arma2 community is also a lot more mature and tends to have more integrity regarding gaming. Yes some still script and take advantage but with regular communities, individual admins can ban them or kick them or give them a warning.

Figuring out HOW to recognize scripts being run on a regular game server as opposed to a DayZ server is not an easy task I imagine.

So yes, understanding is needed.

I want to choke faggots like you. You don't understand fucking anything. I bet you take in the ass by some Redditfag.

Your post was just as awesome as the guy you're bashing on. So...fight fire with fire amirite? I guess it's all going to be ok when both of you earn a ban for your stupidity. (look at me, I can use offensive rage fueled words on a forum.) I guess you put on your big boy pants today...

That's not a joke. This is a joke:

"What kind of murderer has moral fiber?" — "A cereal killer."

• Like 1