Deuzerre

Weapons Wishlist and removals to fit Chernarus

Current list of weapons in DayZ VS The equivalents that would suit the game better (and included in ARMA II)

Pistols:

G17 -> G17 (Need a flashlight pistol)

M9 -> Removed

M9SD -> Makarov SD

M1911 -> M1911 (Available Worldwide)

Makarov -> Makarov

PDW -> Removed

Revolver -> Revolver (Quite common weapons)

LMG

M240 -> Pecheneg

M249 -> RPK 74

MK48 -> PKM

Shotguns

Double Barrelled Shotgun -> Double Barrelled Shotgun (If anyone uses it)

Winchester -> Removed

M1014 -> Saiga (From semi but fast rate to automatic seems ok to me)

870 MCS -> 870 MCS (Flashlight, no available equivalent, and quipe possible for law enforcement)

SMGs

Bizon PP-19 SD -> Bizon PP19 SD

MP5A5 -> MP5A5 (Still possible, even though unlikely... I'd remove it)

MP5SD6 -> Bizon PP-19 (non SD)

Assault Rifles

AK-74 -> AK-74

AKM -> AKM

AKS-74 Kobra -> AKS-74 Kobra

FN FAL -> FN FAL (I'd remove them, but there is no equivalent)

FN FAL AN/PVS 4 -> FN FAL AN/PVS 4 (I'd remove them, but there is no equivalent)

L85A2 AWS -> L85A2 AWS (I'd remove them, but there is no equivalent)

Lee Enfield -> Mosin nagant (Not in game, but would it be logical...)

M4A1 -> M4A1 (If foreign intervention)

M4A1 CCO -> AK-107 Kobra

M4A1 CCO SD -> AKS-74 UN Kobra

M4A1 Holo -> M4A1 HOLO (If foreign intervention)

M4A3 CCO -> AK-107 GL PSO

M16A2 -> AK-47

M16A2 M203 -> AK-107 GL Kobra

M16A4 ACOG -> AK-107 PSO

Sniper Rifles

AS-50 -> KSVK (basically the same thing)

Cz 550 -> Cz550

DMR -> SVD (not camo)

M14 AIM -> VSS Vintorez (From a close range sniper to a medium range automatic SD, with either 10 or 20 rounds mags)

M24 -> Removed (Enough with SVD)

M107 -> Removed (Enough with the KSVK)

SVD Camo -> SVD Camo

Rocket Launchers:

M136 -> RPG7V

Just wanted to know if people found any fault to this.

Edited by Deuzerre
  • Like 5

Such a horrible thread. Removing MK-48 Mod for the PKM? You know the PKM takes your backpack slot right?

• Like 3

Such a horrible thread. Removing MK-48 Mod for the PKM? You know the PKM takes your backpack slot right?

Yes. So?

Sniper rifles, all removed.

There, authenticity problem solved.

Huh... Two removed, Three changed, only one really changed to something different...

Edited by Deuzerre

Useless thread.

Thanks for the input, really. It's probably as helpful to anyone as this thread is interesting to you.

VSS Vintores is not a medium range weapon. It fires special 9mm rounds and is effective to 300m MAX. You would use that gun at 150m usually and it arguably has the worst stopping power of any gun in ARMA (aside of side arms). Please never put that gun in game.

Also KSVK is not "basically the same" as the AS-50. KSVK is bolt action, AS-50 is semi auto with adjustable zoom.

So does M107 and AS-50 in the actual ARMA game, but for some reason DayZ has it so you can have a backpack and M107 or AS-50. Most LMGs do this too. There must be something in the code to keep backpacks enabled no matter what.

Also KSVK is not "basically the same" as the AS-50. KSVK is bolt action, AS-50 is semi auto with adjustable zoom.

DayZ has it so you can have a backpack and M107 or AS-50. Most LMGs do this too.

I think this is probably one of the bigger deals with the sniper rifles. If the one shot kill rifle was bolt action and took up a backpack slot, I seriously doubt it would be the staple for all griefing encounters.

Knives. I want to sneak up behind people and slit their throats @_@ But I like this thread, I get what you were going for.

logical choices but makes for very bland gunplay.

Game isn't about the gun play. I wonder if you have a KoS policy?

Sniper rifles, all removed.

There, authenticity problem solved.

Show me on the doll where the mean sniper rifle touched you.

i agree, but the m9 is quite common all over the world. pdw and winchester are totally out of place, but you can explain all the high rate military with the foreign intervention, not just some yes and some not, they are sufficiently rare

I think Mosin Nagant is in the recently released Iron Front Liberation for A2 so it could be ported over.Look in this video to see it.

Mosin Nagant instead of Lee Enfield is a great idea why are there British WW2 Weapons in the USSR(or whatever) probably being used as civilian hunting or self defence guns. The M4 and such sort of make sense since they could be from a coalation force that was sent to support during the initial outbreak.

I liked the idea of having the Nagant replace the Enfield, since the Enfield and its .303 ammunition is too common for such a place in the world. I'd be happier if it atleast came with a bayonet.

I dont understand the changes to all Russian weapons. You do understand that the outbreak happened when the United States was fighting Chernerus? (Spelling?) Thus it would be completely appropriate to have Nato weapons in the game.

Chernerus is supposed to be the Czech republic right? So why aren't there any CZ75's?

The ONLY reason I'm playing the game at the moment is because of the possibility of finding new and different weapons.

If you get rid of half the weapons, the game gets old real fast.

Maybe when the game has been fleshed out a LOT more, could you get away with this.

Until then, I would unfortunately say no.

OP, your ideas are bad and you should feel bad.

I feel bad now, you happy? YOU HAPPY?

Developing the reasons for the changes:

- There currently is no real known setting to the game, except that it's supposed to be in the eastern block. Those weapons are "Eastern".

As for the KSVK, the reason why I consider it to be equivalent is that it's Russian and the same calibre. In terms of gameplay, as a bolt action, it has the feel of a sniper rifle, not just the scope. It's still a one-hit kill, but with more skill. I thoght snipers considered themselves skilled for their shots?

For the VSS, it's a very different weapon, so people that complain about variety should have what they want. It's not really strong, but it has a good range... For a silenced weapon.

I am glad you're not the Dev. I don't need 100 versions of an AK and some of my fav weapons removed.

Glad you're not a dev, otherwise there would be only your favourite weapons and nothing else, for a very limited experience. AKs are really varied you know.

I dont understand the changes to all Russian weapons. You do understand that the outbreak happened when the United States was fighting Chernerus? (Spelling?) Thus it would be completely appropriate to have Nato weapons in the game.

That's why there still are two variants of M4s, a MP5, FN FAL and L85.

What I don't understand is why most of the green weapons aren't in anyway. RPK, PECHENEG, silenced AK, RPG.