Kingsix (DayZ)

Zombies are spawning much to fast. Clearing areas makes no sense - they respawn like in an arcade game! Very unrealistic. This must be changed.

Zombies are spawning much to fast. Clearing areas makes no sense - they respawn like in an arcade game! Very unrealistic. This must be changed.

• Like 5

I don't think Zeds are meant to be "cleared" they're meant to be "avoided".

• Like 1

Very unrealistic. This must be changed.

What would be a realistic solution giving that Zombies don't exist?

Realistic would be,if they existed that they spawn in greater cities,and move like ''herds'' from walking dead style...that would make it quite interesting and also trimple the amount of all zeds,expand cities,towns airports ( currect now are joke ) and make them bug free with lesser speed.

Oh look at that,hey 2014!

am i the only one who thinks that this 'walking dead' soap opera totally ruins the zombie genre?

• Like 2

I agree, to a degree.

As a lone wolf it's difficult or nearly impossible to clear certain areas due to respawn.

I also don't like when I approach an area and zombies spawn within a few feet of me, rather than spawning when I look in from a distance.

Now especially with nerfing of some weapons, military hotspots, and heli crash sites would require grenades and a heavy machine gun to clear alone.

• Like 1

That argument is so stupid, and I'm so tired of reading it. Is it so freaking hard to interpret "realistic" as "plausible" or "credible" instead of giving that standard smart-ass response "But zombies don't exist in reality"?

am i the only one who thinks that this 'walking dead' soap opera totally ruins the zombie genre?

Yes :P

Edited by MrBrown
  • Like 1

I agree, to a degree.

As a lone wolf it's difficult or nearly impossible to clear certain areas due to respawn.

I also don't like when I approach an area and zombies spawn within a few feet of me, rather than spawning when I look in from a distance.

Now especially with nerfing of some weapons, military hotspots, and heli crash sites would require grenades and a heavy machine gun to clear alone.

I solo heli crash sites all the time. If you sneak in and have the ZEDs spawn and then sneak back, you can usually wait for them to path off, kill one or two to create a corridor and then /loot.

On a side note, if you can time a well placed frag or m203 shot right at the heli when they're all spawning, you can pretty much negate all of the zombies in one fel swoop. :P

I couldn't tell you since it only took me 2 episodes to realize that it was crappy television not worth my time. I'd rather sleep than watch The Walking Dead.

Yes you are the only one

I don't think Zeds are meant to be "cleared" they're meant to be "avoided".

Well shouldn`t this be up to me? In a free World (game) like DayZ. I am spending resources killing them if I decide to. A location should at least be cleared for a while after that.

• Like 1

You know, before I opened this discussion I already knew that some stupid jackass would give me this answer, Congratualtions, you are the one! ;-)

You are approaching this the wrong way, you have the (wrong) expectation that the zombie horde can be "cleared" through force, that a frontal assault will give you victory. This is not the case.

You are approaching this the wrong way, you have the (wrong) expectation that the zombie horde can be "cleared" through force, that a frontal assault will give you victory. This is not the case.

if thats not the case i suggest Rocket takes out all the guns in the game and make it soley based on stealth!! there is no reason you shouldnt be able to clear a zombie horde and it is unrealistic that they spawn in very quickly and in some cases right in front of you

The solution for this problem would be that zombies just shouldn't respawn close to the player, but that more zombies spawn because of gunfire.

That way if you kill 10-20 zombies in a smaller area, more zombies get spawned around that and are attracted to the gunfire. Also they need to make zombie sounds attract other zombies to a position, so just murdering and aggroing a lot of zombies would only make it worse.

It is not plausible to have creatures spawning out of thin air in a supposedly realistic environment.

For me it's annoying to have a group of Zeds spawning at deer stand when coming close. So every experienced player in vicinity is aware that somebody is sneaking around this place. It would be more plausible to have group of them constantly circling that place. You kill off some and after a few minutes they get replaced. Would make more sense and favor sneakiness as well as making it possible to clear out an area for some time.

I agree, to a degree.

or a winchester :)

I think, on the other hand, there are too few zombies. I know Chernarus ain't China, but zombies don't really offer any threat once you obtain a weapon. And yes, maybe the low respawn time ain't the answer I'm looking for personally.

I think that the zed need a complete overhaul. The AI needs correction, the animation and running speed need work, and there needs to be zed that move a varying speeds(EX. Died one day ago, Slightly faster than a human, very rare spawning zed(Say, 3% of the spawns) Died 2-3 days ago, same speed as or slightly slower than the player, second most spawning zed(Say, 47% of the spawns) Died a weak or greater ago, very slow, no faster than crouched running speed(50% of the spawns) but they can hear further than all and draw together in larger hoards.)

This would provide a good amount of challenge, but it would give variation to the game. Then there are the crawlers and hoppers, the crawlers should remain the same, but the hoppers should be moved down to crouched running speed, as the human body was built as a biped, not a quad, and therefor can not run as fast on all four limbs than upright. As for the spawning, which was addressed in this topic, YES. It is not good that one spawns right next to you then aggros.(I just log out if that happens)

Because the devs wants the easy way out and added zombie spawn chance for each loot location.

Personally I'd rather have double or triple the amount of zombies that can ONLY walk, and ONLY be killed with a headshot. At the moment getting a headshot is hard due to the buggy animations and the fact that the zombies like to turn into Olympic marathon runners at random times.

I remember me and my friend at a BARN and a DEER STAND.

We crashed a stolen bus. And then decided to see what an M107 round to the engine would do.

Anyhow, we saw some zombies. And holy FUCKERY.

When we ran into the barn after aggroing some zombies, there were literally at least twenty or THIRTY. We killed the majority of them. And they just coming, and coming, and coming.

And this is all from the spawn points of a barn, and a deer stand. It was ludicrous. We weren't even using loud guns (except the two rounds from the M107 previously, which only aggro'd one or two).

The zombie spawns are seriously buggy.

A bit back me and a few of my friends were playing in Berezino/NE airfield area. We loaded up on hundreds of rounds each and decided to go zombie killing. We each killed between 200-300 zombies and we only moved once and that was only because we didn't want to stay out in the open.

Zombies would literally never stop coming if we didn't just leave. That's insane.

If you stay in the same spot killing zombies I think they're pretty much endless. I guess it's something that needs to be worked on or changed completely.

I couldn't tell you since it only took me 2 episodes to realize that it was crappy television not worth my time. I'd rather sleep than watch The Walking Dead.

You gotta keep watching. The first few episodes are just slow. It builds up a lot.