Kingsix (DayZ)

Zombies are spawning much to fast. Clearing areas makes no sense - they respawn like in an arcade game! Very unrealistic. This must be changed.

You gotta keep watching. The first few episodes are just slow. It builds up a lot.

Yeah the Walking Dead seriously rules, it's an awesome show. The comics are awesome too but I've only read a few of them.

I tried one time killing a bunch of zeds by agroing a few and funneling them up on a upper floor of some construction site. . . I think I used up all of my rifle and pistol ammo and ended up swingin the old axe for a while when a pause finally came. I don't remember how many I killed at the time, but there was one hell of a pile of bodies in front of me. And the pause didn't last a long time 100 or more maybe?

On the other hand (but this has been a few patches ago,) I did have 3 spawn right in front of me (less than 2 meters) while I was nearing a house and while one right away broke a bone another knocked my character out and I was instant zombie food.

But oddly enough (again a few patches ago,) the funniest thing that happened to me is when I went to a doorstep of one of those houses a player can't enter at some town (I don't remember which one anymore,) and instantly 5+ zeds started pouring out the door of the house. Oh joy. . Yup zombie food yet again. Never mind I was lying flat when it happened.

More recently though I was hunting zeds for the hell of it at the doorway of a barn. 2 were milling about, but once I killed them the server seemed to have some studdering lag spaz and suddenly 3 spawned in one spot in front of me while 2 other groups of 2 or 3 spawned in other areas near that barn all within sight and oddly close. The other thing was one spawned in the building I was in too on top of a loot spawn. So yea I agree with the posters . . there seems to be problem with the oddball zed spawns. And while I did survive that time it was a bit insane for a bit and I ended up sneaking out of the area. I think by the time I decided to leave there was a pile of 20 - 30 bodies for that one.

Seems like just as I clear out an area they spawn, I agree with you.

This isn't even in populated areas, it's at little farm houses with very little items/resources.

It's not like there's any reason they should spawn literally 30 seconds after i clear out a group of 7 or so.

I think they spawn way to quickly at heli crashes. They all spawn way to close to it, so you must wait for them to disperse and that is longer than just wasting ammo on them. And I feel once you are right next to the heli they just respawn so you can't loot it entirely sense they are almost hugging the damn thing.

They should overhaul the whole zombie mechanic of the game. Make zombies spawn in hordes, make these hordes gather in towns and cities, then sometimes wander off to forests and countryside. During rain and night they should group up in cities and structures to keep oneanother warmer like bacteria or swarm of insects. This would make rain quite scary once they add the body temperature mechanic. Player held safe havens would then become more important as they wouldn't have zed armies in them

Edited by Uuni

I agree with OP, hope they at least try it in some update, to see what people think about it. I think the main reason they spawn so fast is to make game more dynamic, but this way you could have a goal to clan a town for like 15 min. This would work fine in small towns, but big and populated ones should have zombies all the time.

You cannot win against the horde of the undead. The safer the weapon is to use, the more noise it makes and the more zombies it atract. You will never "clear" them off, once you get a n exit, you need to move somewhere else before the rest comes (at least that's how i would like to see it work)

What they need to do is change there mechanics based on the area. Ie the zombie spawning should change based on location. Why? Lets say you loot a heli crash or barn. It's in the middle of goddamn nowhere! If you kill of the zombies, they need to stay despawned. But if your in cherno, you should have to kill like 500+ zombies before they stop coming, and gun shots should attract the whole city, noticed attract, not aggro. They shouldn't aggro unless they get close, just move towards the noise.

I think they should make it so that if you close off every entrance into a town with barbwire the game stops spawning infected in that town.This would add gameplay by allowing peeps to takeover a town to farm as a base and of course the bandits can try to rob this from the survivors.

I think they spawn way to quickly at heli crashes. They all spawn way to close to it, so you must wait for them to disperse and that is longer than just wasting ammo on them. And I feel once you are right next to the heli they just respawn so you can't loot it entirely sense they are almost hugging the damn thing.

Which is why in the daytime you toss a smoke grenade at full strength past them so they all bait to it and chase it.

The grenade bounces with funny physics so you can lob it extremely far so long as it flies past their usual line of sight.

They will be concentrated into the smoke area so you can loot it generally without being spotted.

I think a zombie that's tied down to the loot location can be dragged far away from the helicopter until the player is out of range and no players is near it for it to stay 'spawned'.

Zombies despawn when players are too far out of range (500 meters).

Yeah you can do this, have one person aggro heli zombies and run in circles away from the heli while the other person loots.

Then both run to a vehicle or a building.

Edited by dra6o0n

My opinions on this are nuanced. I think some areas might normally have a higher zombie count normally, but also agree that going through an insane firefight because of constantly respawning zombies are you're pinned down in a building is both authentic and frustrating. It would be nice if you could be rewarded with a lull that lasts more than just 10 seconds (else the newly spawned zombies would just be arriving with the rest, eh?)