Sign in to follow this  
T8TRG8TR

Tips for finding/repairing vehicles?

I've been playing this game for awhile and I'm looking for something new to do. Right now I just hang out in the main towns looting and engaging bandits. Quite frankly it's a little too easy. My friend's and I are going to try to head up to the NW airfield, but we really need a vehicle first. When we went on foot last time we got killed by some guy hiding in the trees like 3/4 of the way there.

I know what I need to repair a vehicle, but I've never even found a repairable vehicle. And all of the items needed seem like they'd take up a ton of inventory space. What are some good tips for finding and repairing vehicles?

Yeah been playing for about 3 weeks now. I've seen others in vehicles but never had one myself. Just keep looking! Look at the map and start thinking of places you would hide out and go search it out! Also you don't need a vehicle to get to NWAF just run. The chances of you getting shot on the way up there are very slim. Just stay in the treeline.

• Like 1

First off, vehicles are going to be hard as hell to find in the first place because,

1. There is only one vehicle of that type per map. (One Ural, One UAZ, One etc, etc.)

2. Admins and Hackers love to hoard all the vehicles on that server because they can lock the server, restart the server so the vehicles reset, etc.

3. All vehicles have many different spawn points ranging across the map.

Well, i am playing this game since may and i registered just to post this. All i can say, if server is up more then for 1 week, all vehicles are at camps. No point going at vehicles map from wiki and other sources. Yes, there's a chance you could find one, thats just because someone like me blew up some camp. If you really want to find a vehicle and AS50, L85, rangefinders and everything i suggest you go this route: Start from the forest near Black Lake --> Guba --> North east side of the map ->> Go though the north side of the map at horizontal grid 0-1 at hills with no forest and look in binoculars @ forest from time to time --> Pass Grozovoy--> West side of the map and go south. 100% chance you will find a camp with a car/bus/tents, everything.

When i was new to this game, i was just going around the cities looting beans, looting m16 at the airfield and heli crashes. But now when i just die i go to my camp or steal gear from people camps. Now i do now, find camp, steal vehicle, leave it in the center of Cherno and going back north. Mostly next day i find the same vehicle up north side of the map and do it again, lolz.

• Like 1

Well, i am playing this game since may and i registered just to post this. All i can say, if server is up more then for 1 week, all vehicles are at camps. No point going at vehicles map from wiki and other sources. Yes, there's a chance you could find one, thats just because someone like me blew up some camp. If you really want to find a vehicle and AS50, L85, rangefinders and everything i suggest you go this route: Start from the forest near Black Lake --> Guba --> North east side of the map ->> Go though the north side of the map at horizontal grid 0-1 at hills with no forest and look in binoculars @ forest from time to time --> Pass Grozovoy--> West side of the map and go south. 100% chance you will find a camp with a car/bus/tents, everything.

When i was new to this game, i was just going around the cities looting beans, looting m16 at the airfield and heli crashes. But now when i just die i go to my camp or steal gear from people camps. Now i do now, find camp, steal vehicle, leave it in the center of Cherno and going back north. Mostly next day i find the same vehicle up north side of the map and do it again, lolz.

How do I tell if a server has restarted?

And should I check for camps on crowded servers or just any server?

How do I tell if a server has restarted?

And should I check for camps on crowded servers or just any server?

No, i mean server hoster just started hosting server, only then chance to find vehicles at their spawn. Find camps at any server.

I am assuming you are on a "vanilla" server if you are having trouble finding vehicles.

Once i logged into a server and a fully fueled and repaired Huey was right next to me on the beach.

Finding vehicles is usually hard and people obviously hide them when they find them. There are spawn points for vehicles but i never have much luck finding them there only at camps. Tbh the only vehicle i use nowadays is the bicycle.

Honestly, unless you go to a high vehicle private server, they are just more trouble than they are worth. Vehicles are so rare that if you actually do find one, you probably just want to hide it in some dark corner of Cherno lest you bottom out on a washing machine or get ambushed by some bandits (because they see/hear you coming a mile away). I mean think about how much walking around you need to do to actually find a vehicle and then get all the parts to repair it. You could just walk to wherever you want to go in the first place.