dazbobaby

Trading Post, volunteers required

Cheers Jason1

We still need a 10 more players. Come on guys, it's better than lone wolf.

Bring a friend or two too.

I would be interested but all this registering and stuff is a tad too inconvenient for me read I'm lazy.

Do you need to make some kind of time commitment to this?

I'm kinda interested in this, but I'm not entirely sure how much time I can put into the game.

Time commitments are nice, but if you can only play an hour a day thats fine, just as long as it's at a regular time.

This sounds great! I'd be in, but I am rarely on at the same time, though when I play, its for a while.

The only other thing is I've really started liking vet servers, no 3rd, no ch, ect..

DE6? Delaware?

If it is Delaware i might just be able to join this thang

He said it was an EU server... DE is Deutschland (Germany).

Sounds interesting. My spoken English is s*** though so don't think its for me ;)

We got another volunteer, still need more people then we're good to go.

This thread is going to end in rage and hilarity. However its defently worth trying a trading Post in my opinion. Who knows it might inspire rocket to help make things like this more feasible.

I think it'll be hard going but workable, but if you want to be negative that fine, just dont try to infect everyone else and turn them into zeds.

I'll definitely be checking this out once it gets started. It'll be interesting to see how prices get worked out.

3 more volunteers just signed up, anyone else before I close down entries?

This thread is going to end in rage and hilarity. However its defently worth trying a trading Post in my opinion. Who knows it might inspire rocket to help make things like this more feasible.

it is kinda feasible already! just depends on the people.

If they go through with the handcuff suggestion it would go great with this!

What will you do about server hopping? Someone can just move to your location on another server, log into yours, and find themselves in the middle of your trading post with an advantageous position to kill everyone

I'm closing this to new recruits for now, I think we've got enough players.

Banning someone from the server if they are to attack this trading outpost sounds a bit lame. Whats the point of being a Merc if the admin will just ban any threat anyway ?

Seems like an abuse of power if you decide to ban everyone who challenges this outpost O_O.

Great idea! Definitely worth trying and really hope it will work. Finally there's some role-play action going around instead of just killing each other.

Maybe Rocket can/will make some sort of structures for your trading post so it'll look like one :)

Waiting to check it out and trade some stuff as soon as you start running it.

Banning someone from the server if they are to attack this trading outpost sounds a bit lame. Whats the point of being a Merc if the admin will just ban any threat anyway ?

Seems like an abuse of power if you decide to ban everyone who challenges this outpost O_O.

I abandoned this idea early on. One it's against the server admin rules, and two, it could alienate potential customers.

It's just as easy to kill them and take their loot, then let the bar-steward spawn on the coast :D

I really like this idea. And is good to see that you have enough volunteers to get started. I currently play with a group of 8 and are still growing. If you need some extra fire-power, supplies or whatever we are willing to help.

Good luck

Ps: A thanks to Killzone_Kid for linking to that amazing map.

Well, Me and my army would love to help you guys out (we were planning this ourselves) but now that you have came with it to the forums first we have considered joining our forces and making one successful army holding out in cherno (or a little town close) where we will setup our trading outpost.

I normally roll in a brigade of 15 strong men and women willing to lay their lifes on the line for the protection of Cherno city against the infection!

We have looted a fair bit in DayZ already and have a few vehicles and 1 chopper, few camping tents where we can drop loot (we usually do this when scavenging).

If you want our help just let me know man, youll have all the protection you need. We are all arma vets, ive got dedicated snipers who love to spot incoming targets and well do well with communicating if there is a raid party incoming. Whilst my close quarter marines love to get up close and personal (these are the mercs you could really have working for you right in the centre of the trading post) because they love to kill those darn bandits who pose a threat to humanity!

Dare I say it, we're almost ready to roll this out.

Maybe in a day or two.

iPlumbum, right now we dont need you, but in a day or two... who knows.

What we could do with are some contracts, so if you guys need supplies on a regular basis jump on our Teamspeak and lets chat.