Mikey-2-Guns

Stuck on Loading

After I was teleported by a hacker to an island yesterday I logged out, then logged back into another server to try and get back to the mainland. I ended up running out of stamina, getting stuck in a current and had to wait 10 minutes to die from some rocks because rocket thought it would be the greatest idea to take away the respawn button.

Now I am stuck at loading at every server I join.

I have uninstalled arma II and arma II AO from steam, redownloaded them, redownloaded the latest patches, reinstalled battle eye and it is still doing the same thing. Other people are complaining about this, some who have been stuck like this for over a week and it is being ignored. I would like a resolution and straight answer on how to fix this as quickly as possible.

EDIT (possible short-term fix): After trying everything possible on my end and having a feeling this was hive and not client related, I joined a private server and got in with normal loading times.

EDIT 2: 8/11/2012

OK, now after the new patches I am having a different problem.

Now it will hang at Setup Complete for about 10 minutes. After this I get spawned into debug plains, everything green but no debug monitor. I tried hitting respawn and just keep ending up back there. I even met another player who spawned there and had him kill me. STILL ended up in the same place but this time with no gear. There are also a SHIT TON of other players here with me on one server.

Edited by Mikey-2-Guns
  • Like 2

I've ruled out everything possible on the client end.

Is there a chance my character entry in the hive database was corrupted because of the way I died yesterday? Who do I contact to get my character's database entry deleted or reset?

I've got the same problem, haven't found a fix yet, have tried everything suggested.

I said manually! Download the .DLL from their Website and put it in mentioned placed

Like I said, I did that.

Now I've gone through, uninstalled everything, went into the documents and appdata folders, deleted everything from arma II & AO and went into the registry and deleted their keys. I'm going to redownload everything, again and will let everyone know if that fixes it or not. But I still think this is a problem with the hive and not the clients. Our data is more than likely corrupted on their end and it's stuck trying to fetch it from the hive database.

Edited by Mikey-2-Guns

Same issue for me as well and tried reinstalling everything that can be reinstalled except the OS itself.

I have literally the exact same problem. Tele'd to an island, logged back in somewhere else, got a friend to kill me, stuck at loading.

• Like 1

Same here, just bought the game yesterday. Logged onto a server, got killed at my spawn then tried to switch to an other server then got this "loading" screen on all servers...

It's in alpha, it's a mod, ok, but logging in shouldn't be a problem, i mean i bought this and i can't do anything :s

Edited by k4ne

Ya i seem to have this problem on more than one computer. it will go through everything normaly and then it gets to Creating a Character and then get Stuck on loading, i have waited for 30 min one time to have it work but i didn't. I die and did not log back on and it been doing it ever sense

I'm also stuck loading regardless of what sever I try to join. I've updated battleye manually, and my last play session I just logged out as normal but can't get back in.

Same problem here, tried everything except reinstalling the OS. I've even considered buying a new copy, since its fairly clear to me that's my character what's bugged. I suppose a reset would do the trick? I've haven't been able to play for a week... please help.

Edited by okpc

Same problem here, tried everything except reinstalling the OS. I've even considered buying a new copy, since its fairly clear to me that's my character what's bugged. I suppose a reset would do the trick? I've haven't been able to play for a week... please help.

ID user: 30550214

How did you see your ID?

How did you see your ID?

when you edit your characters face in... Pilots? (my ARMA is in another language so im not sure if it's the right translation)

I had this problem for quite a long time after the 1.7.2.4 and I had no idea what to do, I've searched every topic on this forum and I couldn't find a solution. Then I read in the patch notes that on 1.7.2.4 there's supposed be a "DayZ" login screen every time you join a server and I didn't have one - and that was because I didn't have the new dayz_code file for some reason, even tough I downloaded the new patch earlier but from another source. So I just downloaded the whole patch through the torrent file, got the files into @DayZ folder and also Addons in the main game folder and it worked flawlessly - now it loads faster than ever. Hope this helps!

Edited by Snecard

I had this problem for quite a long time after the 1.7.2.4 and I had no idea what to do, I've searched every topic on this forum and I couldn't find a solution. Then I read in the patch notes that on 1.7.2.4 there's supposed be a "DayZ" login screen every time you join a server and I didn't have one - and that was because I didn't have the new dayz_code file for some reason, even tough I downloaded the new patch earlier but from another source. So I just downloaded the whole patch through the torrent file, got the files into @DayZ folder and also Addons in the main game folder and it worked flawlessly - now it loads faster than ever. Hope this helps!

I can't speak for everyone else, but I know that my patch is correct. I was playing of 1.7.2.4 for a few days before this.

I have version 1.7.2.3 but I'm playing on 1.7.2.3 servers...

I am having the same problem, on every server.

Nothing really special has happened to me, I have no gillie suit, and I'm at the North-east Airfield.

Everytime I try to join a server, it connects me to the lobby, goes through the receiving and "waiting for character to create" loading screens (makes a split second of static/wind noise too), then I get stuck at a black screen that says "loading" in green letters indefinitely. I cannot go back and have to Alt-Tab out to close the game.

Haven't been able to play at all for about a week now, decided to make this profile just to comment on this.

• Like 1

Obviously this has become quite a problem yet we have heard nothing official on this yet...

This same thing has happened to me and i dont know how to fix it. Im not sure if its battleye or if im not patched properly on arma but i do know that when i go to multiplayer on OA that it says my patch is outdated even thou its not because i played it a couple of days ago. I have also reinstalled my stuff multiple times now and i have heard someone else say something about the player being corrupt or whatever. i just want it to get fixed so i can kill some zombies :D

I just uninstalled everything, arma II, arma II AO, battle eye, six launcher & dayze commander, deleted everything in the steam dir that was leftover, deleted everything in the my documents and app data folders related to anything and then deleted the registry keys for arma II & AO. Reinstalled everything and still the exact same problem. It's pretty clear this is a hive issue with our characters.

Would an administrator or developer PLEASE comment on this and atleast let us know you are looking into this?

Edited by Mikey-2-Guns
  • Like 1