Sign in to follow this  
Tysonn

I will never play at night

We need a for sure way to tell what time it is in the server.

I try DAYZ commander and it's rarely right. It's starting to piss the living fuck tits out of me, serious. I'm about to kick a hole in my wall.

I don't play when it's night time because it gives the Forever alones in groups a big advantage. I don't have night vision and a helicopter because I have a full time job.

So give me a way to tell what time it is in a server, with no room for error. I mean it.

I AM DEAD SERIOUS

I have a full time job and have nvg not that hard to get stop whining and get to quitting.

I actually love to play at night. The feeling of "you're so fucked if you flash this light the wrong way" is as close to realistic as this game can make me feel.

You seem to not like night time, but on a 1-5 player server, cherno and elektro are awesome places to loot, just be careful where you point a light.

• Like 1

Someone hired you for full-time employment?

I'm sure this will be implemented, but it's not a top shelf issue. I have never died at night, and I've found some of the best gear I've had at night. Chill out.

I gave 5 extra nvg's to new spawns the other day, they aren't that hard to find

• Like 1

I flare out major cities at night just because. It's hell on the NVGs. Sure you're exposed, but so long as you're not carrying the flare like a moving beacon, it's still fairly easy to avoid others.

Night time is amazing for looting, not gonna lie.

• Like 2

You can get by usually by turning your brightness all the way up, change the hdr lighting settings, and mess with the gamma. Doesn't always work, but if the stars and/or moon are out you'll be able to see very well. If you stay low and take the long routes you should be able to dodge people with nvg's easier than you think. I just wouldn't expect to win many fire fights with them.

We need a for sure way to tell what time it is in the server.

I try DAYZ commander and it's rarely right. It's starting to piss the living fuck tits out of me, serious. I'm about to kick a hole in my wall.

I don't play when it's night time because it gives the Forever alones in groups a big advantage. I don't have night vision and a helicopter because I have a full time job.

So give me a way to tell what time it is in a server, with no room for error. I mean it.

I AM DEAD SERIOUS

Guys I agree with OP.

He shouldn't have a full-time job, or at the very least full-time jobs should be nerfed significantly.

This would likely fix many problems people have with the game as it is now.

• Like 1

I think it would be a good idea to devide the Day/Night cycle by half, that way we get to experience a more in-depth chunk of the game per session.

Every 24hrs of real time has 2 days and 2 nights in-game.

I wouldn't mind knowing if it's night or day in a server though. I guess if you said it more like that people would call you out on whining, but a lot of players won't play in the pitch black until they've acquired night vision or a group that's online.