Sign in to follow this  
USER1302289

Why punish bandits?

Why not reward those who work together instead?

I've heard a lot of crap about how PvP ruins this game and that players should be punished for killing, but that's bullshit. PvP is a part of the game, if there wasn't PvP, what would be the reason to head north and gather weapons when even a hatchet is enough to survive thousands of zombies? PvP is what makes this game so fun and thrilling. But I am sure Rocket already know all this and most of the DayZ community, so let me get straight to it.

I love role-playing and working together as a team in this game, but that's quite difficult when people shoot you on sight. So what I was thinking would be great is something that wouldn't punish bandits for killing, but instead reward players who cooperate! I know there's already some advantages when playing in a group like always having someone protecting you and being able to repair vehicles but we need something else. Something that would make people think twice before shooting someone but at the same time won't punish the player if he does decide to shoot him.

I have no suggestions to what this could be but it's something to think about!

Link to another similar post with suggestions:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34397-suggestion-counter-griefing-with-rewards-for-teamwork/

Leave your opinions down below! :)

/Fluffy

A lot of bandits would love to have something to wear as a badge; a lot that I know, anyway. Being a bandit is really easy right now, and those that are playing the game for challenge look at this fondly.

the humanity meter is coming back apparently

there will be the bandit / hero skins and will let people know whos bad and such.

after thats implemented we'll see how general team gameplay is

Had the shortest firefight last night. It was 3v2, they drew weapons first or aimed first. We all dropped to the ground firing. Lasted about 2-3 seconds. Needless to say, we won.

Why punish bandits?

Because sitting in a bush 1000m away and sniping with an as50, should not be what the game is about. True bandits, sure they shouldn't be punished, but the ones who kill you strictly for the kill count, should be.

If you kill me and loot me, good. You did it to further your survival.

If you kill me and don't loot me, you're a turd and should be flushed.

Why punish bandits?

Because sitting in a bush 1000m away and sniping with an as50, should not be what the game is about. True bandits, sure they shouldn't be punished, but the ones who kill you strictly for the kill count, should be.

Even if you don't loot your victim, he won't steal anything from you or loot the same place you are going to. It's called eliminating competition.

How about leave it equal as this is a zombie survival SIMULATOR and should be treated as such without adding some unrealistic benefit system.

It's not really equal when being a bandit offers every advantage and no disadvantage

• Like 1

Even if you don't loot your victim, he won't steal anything from you or loot the same place you are going to. It's called eliminating competition.

Yep because a guy sitting on a hill sniping newbies is "eliminating competition."

Yep because a guy sitting on a hill sniping people in Cherno, even though he has no intentions of looting the town, is "eleminating competition."

Yep because a guy sitting at NWAF sniping looters when he already has the loot is "eleminating competition."

Most of the people that kill for fun aren't competing at all, they're just bored assholes.

• Like 2

Why punish bandits?

once again

what if you have friends watching your body?

what if the shots attracted other players to the area?

why would i risk my better gear to loot your shit enfield and alice pack?

by leaving you alive this close to me leaves me at risk that you could show up behind me at some point and kill me.

also what if you saw me and are telling you friends where im moving to?

Edited by Buffjesus
  • Like 1

Well, i could really careless about rewarding bandit kills, i can see the reasoning not to behind it.

Main reason i don't really care to be rewarded, because i kill for the lolz, and the biggest reward is watching them drop.

• Like 3

Yep because a guy sitting on a hill sniping newbies is "eliminating competition."

Yep because a guy sitting on a hill sniping people in Cherno, even though he has no intentions of looting the town, is "eleminating competition."

Yep because a guy sitting at NWAF sniping looters when he already has the loot is "eleminating competition."

Most of the people that kill for fun aren't competing at all, they're just bored assholes.

Yes, because even the sniper cowards have to get some food and water at some point.

Yes, because those players won't gear up in Cherno that fast and bother the sniper in future situations.

Yes, because I don't want to lose the loot i just collected to some guys who were just late to the show.

I stalk and kill people at night because it is fun and because I don't want to get shot when I'm busy eating or drinking.

the humanity meter is coming back apparently

there will be the bandit / hero skins and will let people know whos bad and such.

after thats implemented we'll see how general team gameplay is

I hope so. I miss the Bandit skin. And i wonder what my humanity is. As apparently my heartbeat is rediculously loud. lol

Yes, because even the sniper cowards have to get some food and water at some point.

Yes, because those players won't gear up in Cherno that fast and bother the sniper in future situations.

Yes, because I don't want to lose the loot i just collected to some guys who were just late to the show.

I stalk and kill people at night because it is fun and because I don't want to get shot when I'm busy eating or drinking.

Don't make excuses for cowardly behavior.

The sniper will have food and water on him, he won't need to kill someone to stop them from looting it. Because it will respawn in like 10mins anyways if they do take it.

The players gearing up is the reason the sniper is sitting there anyways, to kill them. Not to loot them, he has better gear. He is just doing it to be a dick.

"I don't want to lose the loot I just collected to some guys who were just late to the show.".... Right, because as a toptier geared sniper, you need that l33t makarov or that amazing firehouse loot spawn.

Bandits have plenty of artficial/fantasy/mechanical advantages, having a disadvantage for once, even if not very "realistic" is necessary to ensure that the game has more to it than banditry. Currently, there's no advantage to a player not shooting others, but that's mainly because this is an FPS with no party-based mechanics. Unless an arbitrary reliance on others is put in, I doubt we'll see a reduction in maximum-gain measures.

The sniper will have food and water on him, he won't need to kill someone to stop them from looting it. Because it will respawn in like 10mins anyways if they do take it.

The players gearing up is the reason the sniper is sitting there anyways, to kill them. Not to loot them, he has better gear. He is just doing it to be a dick.

"I don't want to lose the loot I just collected to some guys who were just late to the show.".... Right, because as a toptier geared sniper, you need that l33t makarov or that amazing firehouse loot spawn.

wtf is a top geared sniper supposta do

i have to hear a failures answer

its gonna be good

wtf is a top geared sniper supposta do

i have to hear a failures answer

its gonna be good

They can always counter-snipe, offer their services to others for fun, kill zombies for someone, or something more creative.The idea of, "I'm bored...nothing to do anymore. I guess I'll kill people," is for close-minded assholes. Since so many people are sniping for ridiculous reasons, kill them. There's one guy who made a thread about killing snipers because that's what he wants to do. It's a lot better than killing people who never would've known you were there and are out for loot and a lot better than shooting people who just spawned.

Edited by Diggydug

Its funny because the same people complaining that the bandit/hero skin is unrealistic are the same ones that dont want any of the other realism aspects that have been pointed out to be in game

Kill other top geared players?

The sniper will have food and water on him, but not infinate. If you kill 5 people in Elektro, chances are very slim anyone will want to go there when you have to loot the place later.

Any player whis is gearing up will be a problem later on. And since some of us poor bandits also have to start over at some point, we don't live forever, it can't be impossible for others. If you're looting a city at night firing your Lee Enfield like an idiot, don't hate on the sniper with the NVGs who can clearly see you.

The last thing was directed at the NW arfield, I doubt that people go there for Makarovs. And since when is every bandit a sniper? I'm a bandit and I run around with my silenced M4. I go to the airfield to restock my gear and if I see people afterwards, I kill them before they kill me.

It's actually pretty simple in DayZ. If you see a guy you don't know, chances are he will try to kill you sooner or later, so you might as well give him a hard time doing so.

Yes and dayz is like that because you are disadvantaged if you play any other way, that's about to change

They can always counter-snipe, offer their services to others for fun, kill zombies for someone, or something more creative.The idea of, "I'm bored...nothing to do anymore. I guess I'll kill people," is for close-minded assholes. Since so many people are sniping for ridiculous reasons, kill them. There's one guy who made a thread about killing snipers because that's what he wants to do. It's a lot better than killing people who never would've known you were there anyways.

if you stay on one server wont find anybody to counter snipe, if you server hop you dont know where the people are around you and theres a big chance ull get shot in the back. (as you can tell from the threads on the forum)

you shoot a sniper rifle to kill zombies youre going to be out of ammo in 10 minutes. also the guy is most likely going to log out, or sneak around to shoot you in the back.

any other "stuff" to do?

once you stop being a failure and make that transition to end game player, you realize that there is nothing to do other than get the highest kill count among your friends