Taggert1313

Your Shoot On Sight Threshold?

Eh, the server I always play on right now used to lack someone that would kill a lot of players.

So I took an oath to become that person.

Although a lot of my kills have been justified as opposed to just killing people up north that I see.

I have saved a few players, though.

I'm not all bad.

That's an easy one: If I see them before they see me, I shoot. If they see me before I see them and shoot at me, I shoot back.

Really, the only time I'm friendly is when someone comes along and catches me with my pants around my ankles and doesn't give me a new hole to shit out of. Those are the only types you can really trust anyway. Problem is that they're usually really daft when it comes to fighting and they get themselves killed half the time before you can even get to liking them.

It's purely self preservation for me, I don't like having people with an AS50 or M107 around so if I get the drop on them first they've had it.

If someone is willing to talk I'll hear them out and make a judgement from there, if they're not communicating in anyway I don't like to risk it and I will...incapacitate them or leave them be if they haven't seen me and aren't equipped well enough to take me out.

I will help bambis (preferably without a hatchet), and I make it clear to not follow me afterwards, but if they do they get a bullet because it makes me uneasy, even if they aren't well armed, or armed at all.

yesterday after long time decided to try again with Dayz. played Dayz origins - spawned with gun after few steps saw dude in front of me he does not even noticed me - could kill him right away but decided just to say hello and passed him and got killed immidiatly with hachet ..... after this spawned and droped gun just others could see I am unarmed and just exporing map - was allive for 3 mins ... So - what is main Shoot On Sight Threshold? - as soon I see one

I, personally, shoot on sight.

However, I said Shoot, not kill. What I tend to do with almost any player is knock them out, and talk to them from there. If I have a DMR, 1 shot to the chest will do the job, quick bandage, and be on my Mary way. Eliminating the threat for a couple minutes. Same with M4 Variants, I just do 5-6 shots to the chest and bandage. If I feel like going bandit; I usually knock them out, tell them to not face me and drop their weapons, then tell them to drop their bag, and any valuables. Then send them on their way. If they turn, they're dead. Simple and easy.

if they are acting weird?

Generally.

if they don't seem trustworthy?

Yes.

if they have good gear?

Depends

if they won't stop following you?

Yes

if they won't respond to you?

Yes

if they took something out of your bag?

Yes

If, for any reason, I think you're a potential threat to me then I will gladly shoot you. If you have good intentions and heed warnings, you have nothing to worry about. Anyone out for blood will cross a line pretty early on.

I give a fair warning before I kill someone that doesn't seem to be out to get me specifically though. At least on vanilla.

I should probably add a few exceptions though.

If you are equipped with a ghillie suit, a DMR or other high-end weapon in a populated place, appear to be camping, or have a bandit skin, I will shoot to kill. I don't trust people like that.

Edited by Diggydug

This topic was posted in January. Please do not resurrect old topics.

Locked.