starrune56

Self Administered Blood Packs

I would very much like Blood Packs to be made self administered. Personally, I prefer to play alone, and when I get shot and manage to survive, I'm usually doomed because my blood is at a low level and my vision is blurry. Its not very safe to run and find 140 cans of beans, or go hunting. If a player is willing to brave the big city to find a hospital or military camp with blood bags, they should be rewarded with the ability to use these no matter what. There are better systems, but this seems to be the easiest to implement, seeing as it uses something that is currently in the game.

Suggestions? Improvements? Thanks. I'm just tired of dying with 6 blood bags in my backpack.

That isn't how I want to play. I have more fun being a loner. There should be more reward for the risk. Something as important as blood restoration should cater to all styles of play. If realism is really a concern, implement something else. This, however, appears to be the easiest way to get a better healing system for alone players.

Realism concerned, this wouldn't be an issue. IV Techs regularly train on themselves, its no different than setting up an IV on anyone else, its possible in real life, at this moment.

However, I think the feature is in to fuel social behavior even among loners, as part of the experiment that is DayZ.

My perfect scenario is blood slowly regenerating if food and water stay maxed.

That is a very viable alternative. Seeing as blood does regenerate in real life, it would make a lot of sense. Essentially, any system where I can play alone, not have to worry about trying to make friends and get shot, would be spectacular.

Perhaps an "IV Kit" item (similar to map, compass, etc) that makes personal blood transfusions possible?

I agree with OP.

Regeneration is one thing, and I think if implemented should be done so very carefully.

However, why do I need a friend to use a blood pack? Is this also suggesting that you aren't supposed to play this game solo?

I'm pretty sure in a real life apocalypse there would be a lot of people roaming around alone who won't trust anybody else. Why couldn't that same person stick a needle in his/her own arm and transfuse blood? I bet you money I could do it right now.

The current mechanics make me want to simply suicide and start over if I find myself with less than 10,000 blood and no weapon.

I agree with OP.

Regeneration is one thing' date=' and I think if implemented should be done so very carefully.

However, why do I need a friend to use a blood pack? Is this also suggesting that you aren't supposed to play this game solo?

I'm pretty sure in a real life apocalypse there would be a lot of people roaming around alone who won't trust anybody else. Why couldn't that same person stick a needle in his/her own arm and transfuse blood? I bet you money I could do it right now.

The current mechanics make me want to simply suicide and start over if I find myself with less than 10,000 blood and no weapon.

[/quote']

Ok I want you to do it, right now, at least a 16G needle as 18G is too small, oh and make sure that the vein is large enough, and the needle is pointing in the right direction.

i understand and support this

i am a loner ingame myself though i tend to help people who need it

but it ends mostly in 3 ways then.

1. i get shot, even though i saved there asses

2. They start stalking me and bothering me, getting in the way and attracting hordes of z's (no offence but i don't want noobs to follow me, though i understand it)

3. they leave and we don't see each other again (which i prefer)

no my point is that it would be a lot more handy indeed to be able to save myself then look for once of those few who don't run away or shoot me on sight

K, I did it. I guessed the needle should point towards my hand since when they draw blood it points towards my shoulder. Since the blood didn't get all over my keyboard I assume I chose correctly. (are you a nurse?)

I would very much like Blood Packs to be made self administered. Personally' date=' I prefer to play alone, and when I get shot and manage to survive, I'm usually doomed because my blood is at a low level and my vision is blurry. Its not very safe to run and find 140 cans of beans, or go hunting. If

[/quote']

our group hasn't visited a hospital in weeks. the only blood bags we get is if someone respawns near a city and grabs some or we kill a player with some or loot a camp. we are self reliant to a certain extent as if we get attacked or hit by zombies and are seperated from the group we can patch ourselves up and eat some steaks and have >9k blood to continue till we have cleared the area.

pro tip 10 steaks = 8000 blood. have it ready before you go out. if you get hit eat steaks till your comfortable with your health level. then replenish supplies at soonest oppurtunity. its not THAT HARD really is it?

I really doubt you would be able to do a blood transfusion by yourself unless you are really practiced with the medical equipment. Besides it's good to have some incentives for co-op benefit. Though I agree the current blood system could be a different. But infact I certainly wouldn't hope either for "easier" health regeneration. Infact in my opinion you should only gain blood slowly back or by doing a blood transfusion. Like if you lose a lot of blood you could log off till you get the blood pack. That's a fair price for getting your blood pack.

Think about it for a while how retarded it would be if you would have like 10 (self administered) bloodpacks in your backbag and everyone of them would give you all of your blood back in a second or two? So basically it could go like this... You get shot by 5.56mm in your chest. That caliber will not kill you with 1 bullet, so you take a cover and bandage and give blood to yourself... Voila you are back to 12000 blood. That would be just retarded. It's much more better that you actually need to occupy some other guy to give you a medical attention. OK you could survive from that by yourself... but you surely shouldn't be back in normal condition in second or two.

No please no medipacks to DayZ...

No.

Blood packs are one of the biggest incentives for players to actually work together at the moment. They should stay the way they are.

Isnt the point of a bloodpack in that you need a friend to give you FRESH blood. I dont think you can intraveneously insert 10 day old, cold blood into your system without some sort of effect - like dying!

With the hatchet being fixed and being able to kill a cow for 8 steaks for 6400 health, and most other animals aside from chickens dropping 4-5 meats (3200 - 4000)... I don't have any difficulty finding a knife... then finding wood or a hatchet... then finding a animal to slaughter (this is much easier to do on recruit servers d scan / tags makes it super easy to find animals), but if its not pitch black at night animals stick out in plains.

Blood packs as others have said actually require people to work together, it is a insanely overpowered survival tool.

I would love the whole hunting/cooking meat thing, if it wasn't so damn hard to find matches.. :(

I really doubt you would be able to do a blood transfusion by yourself unless you are really practiced with the medical equipment. Besides it's good to have some incentives for co-op benefit. Though I agree the current blood system could be a different. But infact I certainly wouldn't hope either for "easier" health regeneration. Infact in my opinion you should only gain blood slowly back or by doing a blood transfusion. Like if you lose a lot of blood you could log off till you get the blood pack. That's a fair price for getting your blood pack.

Think about it for a while how retarded it would be if you would have like 10 (self administered) bloodpacks in your backbag and everyone of them would give you all of your blood back in a second or two? So basically it could go like this... You get shot by 5.56mm in your chest. That caliber will not kill you with 1 bullet' date=' so you take a cover and bandage and give blood to yourself... Voila you are back to 12000 blood. That would be just retarded. It's much more better that you actually need to occupy some other guy to give you a medical attention. OK you could survive from that by yourself... but you surely shouldn't be back in normal condition in second or two.

No please no medipacks to DayZ...

[/quote']

The devs can just counter this by making the self-administered blood packs take a REALLY long time to administer on yourself.

I say like a 1 minute wait. Maybe even longer.

K' date=' I did it. I guessed the needle should point towards my hand since when they draw blood it points towards my shoulder. Since the blood didn't get all over my keyboard I assume I chose correctly. (are you a nurse?)

[/quote']

So you managed to stick a needle in a vein while you're healthy and likely dead sober?

Now drain half of your blood (Approx 2.5L btw) and try it

This is one of the only advantages in teaming up. It s logical team up got some rewards.

Hunt.

+1

I made my way from Nadezhdino to Stary, went into Mogilevka and Vyshnoye along the way. I'm down to 5.6k blood now and I haven't seen a single animal on my journey. I have two blood packs that I scavenged in Elektro sitting in my pack laughing at me. I only have two options, wait until the group I play with gets on (and either run to them or have them come to me) or wander aimlessly in the fields north of Stary in search of an animal.

For those shouting about "authenticity" or "realism," get over yourselves.

hide all of your gear that you can spare and ask someone on the server to help you out.

You're gonna die, anyway, might as well take the chance.

Animals have been significantly increased in the latest patch. I've only played a few hours since updating and have seen them all over in the fields. I would assume thats why they were added, to support the lone wolf players (myself included). I could go either way on this, but I really dont see much of a problem now that animals are more abundant.

+1

I made my way from Nadezhdino to Stary' date=' went into Mogilevka and Vyshnoye along the way. I'm down to 5.6k blood now and I haven't seen a single animal on my journey. I have two blood packs that I scavenged in Elektro sitting in my pack laughing at me. I only have two options, wait until the group I play with gets on (and either run to them or have them come to me) or wander aimlessly in the fields north of Stary in search of an animal.

For those shouting about "authenticity" or "realism," get over yourselves.

[/quote']

Seriously open your eyes... It takes max 10 minutes to find some animal. I see them more than I need. People are damn lazy. Like I wrote earlier if the blood packs would work like they are now and you could use them by yourself they would break the game. 1 slot super medipacks... no thanks.

It's not really about "realism" only, it's more about the gameplay and its balance.

You are not completely doomed as a loner, but it surely helps a lot if you have friends. That's working as intended I believe.