liquidGG

Upcoming Patch 1.7.2.5

Agreed would ne nice to know status. You can always downgrade to 1.7.2.3 in the meantime like ive done.

Its an alpha at the end of the day.

+1

I really have no issue with the patch being late, but it would be nice to at least get some news saying "patch will be late, we are working on......."

The team posting why the patch has been delayed won't bring the patch out any faster. All any of us can do is sit and wait, so hearing why the patch is late won't change anything for us. All it does is give the dev team another deadline to try to push out the patch in time, which will either result in the patch being very sloppy and making more bugs than it fixes, or if they take their time, the community will get all mad that their promised patch didn't show up on time.

Bottom line: Patience, young padawans.

• Like 1

Well generally, "?!" at the end of a sentence does not present a calm mind, or attitude.

That's utter tripe! I can add exclamation marks everywhere and be at peace. Also, a question mark is denoting that the sentence is asking a question, and has nothing to do with a person's state of mind. You cannot interpret or gain insight into someone's state of mind due to their punctuation (though perhaps insight into their education), so don't try!!!!!!!!???!??!???!!!!!!! <-----for effect and maximum annoyance :)

The team posting why the patch has been delayed won't bring the patch out any faster. All any of us can do is sit and wait, so hearing why the patch is late won't change anything for us. All it does is give the dev team another deadline to try to push out the patch in time, which will either result in the patch being very sloppy and making more bugs than it fixes, or if they take their time, the community will get all mad that their promised patch didn't show up on time.

Bottom line: Patience, young padawans.

I completely agree with your statement. However, all I said was personally I would like to know what's going on, but I'm not the kind to bitch and moan because the patch didn't come out on time.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 5

Are they going to fix the duplication bugs anytime soon? A while ago I found a huge fucking pile of advanced military grade weapons, nvg's, backpacks and a shitload of satchel charges enough to blow up both Cherno and Elektro. Of course I ''stole'' many of the weapons and bombs to my own tents, but then later I realised they were all duplicated and kind of lost my interest to the game. Infinite weapons, ammo, food and drink? Yeah g'bye, survival...

Rocket still insists on working on it alone thats why it takes forever... When is he going to let more people work on the code? Reality is if he won't anytime soon then Dayz will die when Warz comes out which I don't hope.

• Like 5

i really don't want unique bandit clothes. i think its stupid to be able to tell who is a bandit from afar. as if in post apoc zombie land all the bandits are going to dress similar so you can pick them out. by virtue of being a bandit, you shouldn't be granted special clothing

Edited by -Evo

I just want a patch for that shitty artifacting that makes the game unplayable.

Don't we all....

Rocket still insists on working on it alone thats why it takes forever... When is he going to let more people work on the code? Reality is if he won't anytime soon then Dayz will die when Warz comes out which I don't hope.

Lol he doesn't work on it alone he has a team AFAIK, but yes very small. The only part he works alone on is the design/ideas etc but not the actual coding? I'm not 100% sure about this though, but if you're right do you have links to proof?

Edited by Irenicus

Relax, the team has a full plate already and they are working on it.

• Like 1

Relax, the team has a full plate already and they are working on it.

Roger that or should I use my favourite positive response?= AFFIRMATRON :)

please please please please don't patch on Friday nights.

Most players spend their Fridays working hard, hard for the man....

At jobs they probably don't very much like (i know i do!),

All I want are the simple things in life, and that now includes a few hours at the end of a long week to play Dayz.

I think its a simple request.

I've noticed over the last month we've had several patches roll out around 7 or 8pm (EST;Toronto, Canada Time). There are many players in this time zone, and I'm sure they share in my frustration of the dreaded "Friday Night Patch". Hell I've spent most of this week wondering if I will be able to play tonight or if we'll be doing updates.

I understand you are in the C.R. and that you are patching at a different time than our prime time. But my suggestion is maybe like doing it on a Tuesday morning, your time, no problem, I'm pretty sure that wont affect as many players as it does currently.

Thanks

i really don't want unique bandit clothes. i think its stupid to be able to tell who is a bandit from afar. as if in post apoc zombie land all the bandits are going to dress similar so you can pick them out. by virtue of being a bandit, you shouldn't be granted special clothing

Not everyone has the same face and PMC clothing either... Welcome the skin as a customization thing instead of a distinguishing mark... Because my money is on the fact that this won't do a damn thing to stop pvp... But at least we can get some new clothing and feel just a little bit of an impact for our actions.

So we heard nothing about this new patch, which should already be done 2 days ago.

Stopped reading. We're no the bosses of the devs and "target" date doesn't mean it HAS to come out on that day. Sometimes you can.. you know.. miss the target.

I understand that things like this can take longer than anticipated but as the graphics glitches currently in-game are potential game-breakers, a few words wouldn't be the worst thing.

I don't have these glitches so there must be something you guys can do to prevent it right?

EDIT: It's been two days. It's not the end of the world. Anyone flipping out over a patch needs to take a break from this game anyway.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

I have to say that, well i can totally understand that it's too much work maybe for the patch to be done on this passed wednesday.

However, it would be nice if rocket actully said something, just comment (or something) about the patch since its 3 days "late" (from target day). And "this topic will be locked for 1 hour... Just say like "This thread has gone off-road and will be locked"... I mean wtf, since when is "like 1 hour or so" 3 days+?

• Like 2

There is only ONE excuse for rockets behavior. Its the only one i will accept for the lack of comms and no update.

He has been sitting alone in his room with a 6 pack of bud watching the ladies play beach volleyball at london 2012. Oh yes!! The russian ladies, oh yes. If only i could meet them in cherno!!

i think the excuse is he doesnt care anymore, because thats the way it looks, rocket if you even read this thread im sorry to say that i would rather support a copy cat game of dayz who listens to their community than to play a game under this gamebreaking bug. i have been patient long enough, so you aint getting my money my friend.

its just to little to late, ive had to deal with bad dev's before and i wasnt looking for another place that reminds me about that, and im talking Dice style, ill keep playing this mod till it dies, then move on, if by some miracle something good happens beyond fixing the bug.

Edited by Zyfer
  • Like 1

PEW PEW BANG BANDIT SHOOT PEW ZAP BOOM ZAP BAM PEW PEW PEW *RELOAD* PEW BANG ZAP BOOM BANG!

i think the excuse is he doesnt care anymore, because thats the way it looks, rocket if you even read this thread im sorry to say that i would rather support a copy cat game of dayz who listens to their community than to play a game under this gamebreaking bug. i have been patient long enough, so you aint getting my money my friend.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/8846987.jpg

some likes to be taken up the arse over and over again and some dont some even want to pay for it, so yeah. i guess your tiny mind must grow before you know.

PEW PEW BANG BANDIT SHOOT PEW ZAP BOOM ZAP BAM PEW PEW PEW *RELOAD* PEW BANG ZAP BOOM BANG!

lay off the flouride.

Edited by Zyfer

some likes to be taken up the arse over and over again and some dont some even want to pay for it, so yeah. i guess your tiny mind must grow before you know.

lay off the flouride.

That was our "secret" zyfer. ;)

• Like 1

i think the excuse is he doesnt care anymore,

Don't be daft. That statement alone shows how little you truly know about Rocket and his dedication to this project. Sounds to me like you're simply lashing out. Refrain.