kitta

People shooting unarmed people, why?

The selecting a role part wouldnt work imo. Since bandits can shoot anyone, and survivors can only shoot bandits, the survivors are again in the minority. Your suggestion about the "Blood on their hands" is actually pretty good. I'd love to see something like that in the game.

Not sure how they're in the minority? Turn of friendly fire between those who select the 'Survivor' role. That way survivors just can't shoot/steal from other survivors but are more than able to defend themselves against bandits.

Also, the entire theory behind being able to just yank guns out of peoples backpacks is whacked and should be removed. As if anyone with half a brain would actually allow someone to walk up to them and then watch as they undid all the straps on the backpack, rummaged through it, and pulled a freakin M4 out of it as well as some clips. Easy fix for this - make stealing from other peoples bags have a timed animation of 5, 10, 15 seconds depending on what they're grabbing. You could even have the player stealing kneel and do the 'Meat' cooking action or something.

I go to Elektro and kill people because i'm bored. I got with my friends with gull gear to kill people and I dont care if they have a AS50 or a Hatcher, I still enjoy killing them. Specially when you cant go to NW airfield, NE airfield, Stary Sobor, Cherno and Berezino. So normally there is around 20 people in Elektro ready to get killed.

• Like 1

It seems as if some of the sandbox sand got into your eyes or where is that tear coming from ?

You guys are the ones crying "it's just a game!" and tearing up at the notion that there's more to sandboxes than tearing up castles. The creative people are getting to the point of trying to throw the sand into others eyes to show that there's more to the world, and the DMers just go around bawling about how they don't have anywhere else to go that's fun.

Well, it's called Call of Duty.

• Like 4

THATS SOOO CUTE

He thinks this game is not a game. i mean realistic zombies for fuck sake.. WTF DOES THAT MEAN?

This game comes with two mouse buttons on default with a weapon.which one you press makes you a differant person?

"Hey ive been working for days getting all my gear and you just have a shitty Winchester Im not going to shoot you tho you can have my shit i like wasting my time"

Wow, you just had to go and open your mouth, now everyone that was thinking you were an idiot knows it for sure.

• Like 1

You guys are the ones crying "it's just a game!" and tearing up at the notion that there's more to sandboxes than tearing up castles. The creative people are getting to the point of trying to throw the sand into others eyes to show that there's more to the world, and the DMers just go around bawling about how they don't have anywhere else to go that's fun.

Well, it's called Call of Duty.

There may be more to do in the sand box, but it's not exactly up to you what other players do with their sand now is it? If people want to play Day Z to DM, then that's within their rights. Who are you to tell them they can't? Lord of the sand box? If you don't like people stomping on your castle, then go play on the monkey bars.

Specially when you cant go to NW airfield, NE airfield, Stary Sobor, Cherno and Berezino.

Why can't you go there?

Because your gaming skills are way below par, that's why.

Edited by Topper

There may be more to do in the sand box, but it's not exactly up to you what other players do with their sand now is it? If people want to play Day Z to DM, then that's within their rights. Who are you to tell them they can't? Lord of the sand box? If you don't like people stomping on your castle, then go play on the monkey bars.

Here's the thing, while this is true on paper, it isn't in practice.

I agree, I have no right to tell someone what they can and can't do, but LIKEWISE they're not supposed to have the right to do so, correct? Let's agree there.

However, those DMing ARE telling me what I can and can't do. I can't play DayZ because they have the power to say I can't with the push of a button. I have NO means of countering them except to either go down to their level, or stop playing entirely. In short, you're telling me I have no right to dictate to a dictator, because no one should dictate what others say. While true, DMing revolves around doing just what you say I have no right to do.

• Like 1

go play hello kitty island if you can't stand getting killed. armed or unarmed everyone is a threat, if you run around like an idiot while you have no weapon and expect people to not shoot you, you are being careless and deserve to die.

Or go play on a private hive server that bans anyone who kills someone because you don't like it and your feelings are hurt and they are mean mean people you can't play like that!

Here's the thing, while this is true on paper, it isn't in practice.

I agree, I have no right to tell someone what they can and can't do, but LIKEWISE they're not supposed to have the right to do so, correct? Let's agree there.

However, those DMing ARE telling me what I can and can't do. I can't play DayZ because they have the power to say I can't with the push of a button. I have NO means of countering them except to either go down to their level, or stop playing entirely. In short, you're telling me I have no right to dictate to a dictator, because no one should dictate what others say. While true, DMing revolves around doing just what you say I have no right to do.

I can't argue with you on that point. Yes, by them shooting you, they are limiting what you can do in your sandbox. There's not much I can say here. You can't stop them from building sand cannons to destroy your castle. Not to be rude, but perhaps this simply isn't the mod for you. You should try to find a sandbox with some limitations on players actions, so that your particular play style can flourish. It's not going to happen in Day Z (or probably any online game) where players are free to kill as they please.

This makes me think there should be some sort of karma system and that karma effects what loots spawns and whatnot for you.

Killing unarmed people? Karma loss. Attacking other players? Karma loss.

This isn't Fallout.

People gonna do what they want to do. Simple solution, avoid human contact.

And yes, I shoot on sight at anything.

People who kill unarmed are not bandits.

They are murderers. And they are scum.

Quite a bit of stories about unarmed players going to armed ones that don't shoot them, open their packs and grab a gun, then shoot them.

I would at least keep them at arms length

I can't argue with you on that point. Yes, by them shooting you, they are limiting what you can do in your sandbox. There's not much I can say here. You can't stop them from building sand cannons to destroy your castle. Not to be rude, but perhaps this simply isn't the mod for you. You should try to find a sandbox with some limitations on players actions, so that your particular play style can flourish. It's not going to happen in Day Z (or probably any online game) where players are free to kill as they please.

There's a difference between "this really isn't a game you'd enjoy" and "go back to MLP Online" So no, you're not being rude.

I admit, DayZ isn't a game I enjoy in its current state. To me, it's a singleplayer survival simulator unless I want to interact, a seemingly no-brainer concept, interacting in multiplayer. So why is that so difficult? The problem is not that the game isn't something I dislike, the community is, and that's an entirely different can of worms. Just like I say that nighttime isn't authentic, instead of not realistic (which don't go there, just an example) we need to, likewise, just tell people that the community isn't for them, not the game. Perhaps when we start to use more accurate verbiage, we can discover where the problem is

Your guys' logic is to shoot people because you believe they'll just shoot you.

Their logic is to shoot you because they think you're going to shoot them.

Do you see why we have a problem here? Do you see where we need to change the dynamic?

• Like 2

the cruelest things in game are always the most fun.

Only thing a bandit thinks about when he kills some unarmed cunt is where the next one is. just because you dont play the game a certain way does not mean its wrong. its a Sandbox. if i want to crush glass and make a sandcastle so when people stomp it down they cut there feet i will

It may be a sandbox game... but it aims to be VERY realistic. There's a bit too much freedom in the sense that you can do whatever you want with no punishments... you may say that would realistic, but I'd like to think even when earth has turned to hell that people would still act out of niceness and karma. You obviously can't feel bad about killing someone in a video game, but if the game punished you then that would be the next best thing.

The game should have a karma system and let you choose what your play-style is gonna be. Bandit? Survivor? Etc... each "class" starts differently and gains and loses karma/other stats differently.

• Like 1

There's a difference between "this really isn't a game you'd enjoy" and "go back to MLP Online" So no, you're not being rude.

I admit, DayZ isn't a game I enjoy in its current state. To me, it's a singleplayer survival simulator unless I want to interact, a seemingly no-brainer concept, interacting in multiplayer. So why is that so difficult? The problem is not that the game isn't something I dislike, the community is, and that's an entirely different can of worms. Just like I say that nighttime isn't authentic, instead of not realistic (which don't go there, just an example) we need to, likewise, just tell people that the community isn't for them, not the game. Perhaps when we start to use more accurate verbiage, we can discover where the problem is

Perhaps when the game goes stand alone, there might be servers that enforce an RP rule set. That might be something you'd enjoy. Until that happens though you're gonna have people that just mindlessly kill and not much can be done about it.

You sir should stop playing this GAME. If you can't handle a game without set rules maybe you shouldn't try to make other people play after yours.

This game (just like EVE) is not about "real life morales". It is a simulation of interaction of people after a zombie apocalypse. Who knows, if one breaks out I might be breaking your bones, so the zombies stop and eat you instead of me ;)

Problem with that is that the whole "game" thing applies to all arguments. Killing someone is alright- you should never get attached to your gear in this game. Finding new gear is probably the most fun part of the game, after all. If you die, it just starts over, giving you a new life to do new things with.

Breaking someone's legs and leaving them there with no way to do this though... You gain nothing from that other than watching another person suffer. Not die, mind you, but suffer. Not able to do anything while still alive, but not able to end his own life to start over either. The only thing worse would be if you supplied him with food and a drink just beforehand to ensure he could last as long as possible before dying of natural causes.

As long as the respawn button is broken and unusable by the people who feel their current life isn't worth living (I thought the patch notes said people with broken legs were supposed to be able to use it, although from experience I know they can't), doing something like this makes you the worst kind of person in this game. Even worse than the people who sit on the coast watching spawn points and snipe new spawns while they're still in the loading screen.

TL:DR- There is a difference between doing something that briefly takes fun away from other players and something that actively prevents them from having fun for a long time. One is a core part of the game (killing). The other is just griefing using broken game mechanics.

Perhaps when the game goes stand alone, there might be servers that enforce an RP rule set. That might be something you'd enjoy. Until that happens though you're gonna have people that just mindlessly kill and not much can be done about it.

Not likely, as "RP" servers are not only the most griefed of them all, but the ones that currently exist are blacklisted. This isn't too big an issue though, as private HIVEs are easy to get now. When DayZ goes standalone, will people be allowed to host their own server? I'm not entirely convinced they will. It's obvious rocket has this big plan in mind of controlling everything by ignoring balance and call it an experiment. Where this excuse falters is that everything is in favor of being the biggest douche possible, and I have yet to see a content update that gave something to normal survivors. Rocket's supposed lack of balancing is, in fact, false, he's constantly rigging the deck in favor of bandits by conveniently ignoring their advantages as fantasy/it's a game excuses, but also making the authentic (I.E. actually trying to survive) much more difficult. So players can take an easy, fantasy road that not only completely counters, but totally shuts down the difficult, authentic road. Of course, people say that's what makes it difficult, but there's a difference between difficult and binary. What makes real PvP so intriguing is that it's supposed to be more difficult than the normal gameplay, but in DayZ it only makes gameplay easier by removing the critical thinking.

So, in essence, you're right. Griefing (it's not banditry, but that's a whole nother story) is not going away anytime soon without admin enforcing an authentic experience, and it seems rocket doesn't want admins doing anything in their own paid for server, so griefing is not going away. The only way to change that without admin support is to force players to think. I don't mind if I'm worth the bullet, and I do my best to seem that way by avoiding major towns, staying out of fields, etc.

It's just that bullets are so cheap, and zombies so few, there's not even a real point in stopping to think if a player's a threat or not.

• Like 1

The reason people kill others so much is because there's no penalty to it. If your character could get some sort of 'shock' from a random killing, it'd be different. Maybe your character will start shaking after he kills someone, and if it continues at times he'll refuse to pull the trigger when you shoot. Now that'd be an interesting system...

The reason people kill others so much is because there's no penalty to it. If your character could get some sort of 'shock' from a random killing, it'd be different. Maybe your character will start shaking after he kills someone, and if it continues at times he'll refuse to pull the trigger when you shoot. Now that'd be an interesting system...

Why? I'd imagine killing would be alot more common in a world without laws and consequences like an apocalypse. Not everybody would have an issue with it.

Unarmed people are normaly never unarmed. They're just hiding their guns.

They're just easy targets for the kill counter.

People shoot unarmed people in this game simply because the game is lacking a reason to not shoot that person sure they are unarmed but they are still competition to ur survival nonetheless and the low probability of befriending them just isnt worth the risk at all and the possibily of trading items is practically no possibility since there is no trade window like WoW

Edited by Someonerandom

Who says the game should force teamwork or encourage it? Being in a group should have no more advantages of going alone , it's a matter of choice.