kitta

People shooting unarmed people, why?

This mod has becomen too pvp heavy.

I started experimenting with my 2 friends last night about the fact, well, it ended up getting me shot 3 times without me having any sort of equipment (I dropped everything except the bandage you start with).

First person to shoot me was a guy in Cherno, he had a ghillie, Lee Enfield and something else, maybe an ALICE. Once he saw me, he shot his Enfield (why would you do that?) and I escaped behind a building, watched him run away from the zeds. I started running with him, next to him and we escaped in a pub, he bandaged himself, aimed at me with his colt and shot me even though I didn't even have my starter bp

TL;DR guy has loudest fucking gun in game, tries to shoot me with it, gets hit by zombies, runs and I run with him, he goes into a pub and shoots me when I stand still

The second guy shot me in Elektro as I slowly walked next to him. He had clearly used some time to look for supplies as he had an AK and an ALICE pack.

Third guy, I don't even want to talk about him.

I'm just waiting for people to come and be like "HURR BANDIT IS PART OF GAMEPLAY DURR". Yes, they are, but why would you shoot an unarmed person while risking your life? Shouldn't bandits try to make some profit first like group up for a while and then backstab?

I don't understand

post-553-0-57604200-1343978487_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

I can help you guys out if your on the U.S and whatnot.

I can do well on the mod, but I just wanted to do a little experiment. Thanks for the offer though.

This has happened to me a few times but at the same time, 2 times I also have met some nice guys who not only DID not shoot me and my friend but GAVE us somethings!

This made me become a medic to help others (yes I have helped 9 people and only one of them killed me after I gave them morphene).

You will meet some assholes that will shoto you no matter what, thats just the way it is. I see that happening in real life to if this type of things ever happened to. You would get some people helping out but I think you would also get most people looking out only for themselves and being dicks.

• Like 1

Because it's funny? I don't hang around the south part anymore, but I also used to shoot everything on sight. Nowadays I wait for them to completely loot Stary and then I shoot them in the face, just because it's more funny to kill them after they found their cool gear.

And don't forget, if you're in Cherno or Elektro and some unarmed guy runs around, he may pick up a weapon within the next minute and shoot you the next moment. So better safe than sorry.

• Like 4

People who kill unarmed are not bandits.

They are murderers. And they are scum.

Unless its for a medical emergency and they are looking for bandages :)

And don't forget, if you're in Cherno or Elektro and some unarmed guy runs around, he may pick up a weapon within the next minute and shoot you the next moment.

Unless the unarmed person shouts "don't shoot you fucktard" 3 seconds before getting shot when next to the person who is aiming at his head.

Because it's funny? I don't hang around the south part anymore, but I also used to shoot everything on sight. Nowadays I wait for them to completely loot Stary and then I shoot them in the face, just because it's more funny to kill them after they found their cool gear.

And don't forget, if you're in Cherno or Elektro and some unarmed guy runs around, he may pick up a weapon within the next minute and shoot you the next moment. So better safe than sorry.

That attitude is what makes this game go downhill so fast.

• Like 19

Unless the unarmed person shouts "don't shoot you fucktard" 3 seconds before getting shot when next to the person who is aiming at his head.

Well, if someone screams "don't shoot you fucktard" I have three reasons to shoot him in the head:

1. Shouting is annoying

2. "Fucktard" is a no-no

3. It sounds like whining. Killing someone who just says "friendly" is less funny than killing a whiner.

That attitude is what makes this game go downhill so fast.

Some people like to camp in Cherno with their AS50, I like to hang around Stary to kill those who dodged the snipers. That's life.

Edited by daskleineviech
  • Like 1

It's not really, simply for the fact that most people don't care. You might cite the OP as a case in point, but that's really after a number of times and he's come here to comment on the state of the game. He's not raging with tears, just trying to understand a portion of the game. If someone killed me in game for no reason I'd roll my eyes. the fact you get satisfaction out of that makes you seem pretty pathetic imo. >.>
  • Like 8

Well, if someone screams "don't shoot you fucktard" I have three reasons to shoot him in the head:

1. Shouting is annoying

2. "Fucktard" is a no-no

3. It sounds like whining. Killing someone who just says "friendly" is less funny than killing a whiner.

Is it still wining if you say it in mature voice without whining?

And if the person has tried to shoot you with the loudest fucking gun in the game, in the middle of the city? He still isn't a "fucktard"?

Edited by kitta
  • Like 3

I've found that unarmed people who scream friendly tend to steal from my back pack.

That might just be Aussies though..

• Like 3

1. Shouting is annoying

2. "Fucktard" is a no-no

Some people like to camp in Cherno with their AS50, I like to hang around Stary to kill those who dodged the snipers. That's life.

I think your profile pic honestly explains it better. "Worthless player" also comes to mind...as bad as noob tubing CoD kiddies really.

Edited by Wolfgrey666

It's not really, simply for the fact that most people don't care. You might cite the OP as a case in point, but that's really after a number of times and he's come here to comment on the state of the game. He's not raging with tears, just trying to understand a portion of the game. If someone killed me in game for no reason I'd roll my eyes. the fact you get satisfaction out of that makes you seem pretty pathetic imo. >.>

It's called griefing or "Schadenfreude". People tend to look down on it, but if you look at anything that's competetive, most people do it because they genuinly enjoy the game or because they want to bear other people. I like both and I'm honest with it.

And to be fair, I got shot twice by people I was bandaging and someone stole from my backpack after shouting "friendly, friendly" for like 5 minutes. If he's not with me on Skype/TS, he's a target. Period.

Is it still wining if you say it in mature voice without whining?

And if the person has tried to shoot you with the loudest fucking gun in the game, in the middle of the city? He still isn't a "fucktard"?

He's still not a "fucktard", he's inexperienced, didn't pay attention or was just having some mindless fun. I shot a DMR in the middle of Cherno once jsut to see how many Zs would crawl out, peopel do stuff jsut for the heck of it.

And yes, it's still whining. If you have to call someone names, you're not more mature than the griefer, you're just whining.

I think your profile pic honestly explains it better. "Worthless player" also comes to mind...as bad as noob tubing CoD kiddies really.

Oh please tell me more about beeing a "worthless player" with your vast CoD experience.

Edited by daskleineviech
  • Like 2

People kill unarmed people because there are people like this lurking around.

• Like 20

Jesus

Bandits are part of the game.

Bandits shoot people.

Deal with it bro.

Perhaps if you were more careful you wouldn't get shot...

When I get unarmed killed I dont get mad, I start again and go for revenge.

• Like 1

Killing unarmed players is one-handed gameplay, just like sniping.

They need the other hand so they can tenderly reach down and stroke their....ego.

The only way to curb grief based PvP is to get rid of the people that do it, which is a witch hunt in its own right. The downfall of the FPS is that it will only ever be used for mass killing as long as a gun is involved, because players don't actually WANT to feel/roleplay out a scenario of an average survivor. That's the major problem with DayZ, it's built for an awesome RP community, which was run off because of all the anti-non-PvPer obsession. Now all that's left are the meta-gamers and the poor saps that stick around to watch the game shrivel up, intellectually speaking.

Also, people will argue that this is all PvP, it's not. PvP has a semblance of order to it, with rules and guidelines to keep the system from degrading. It's Player VERSUS Player, not just the "push button, receive murder point" of DayZ's griefing. If people want to wander into the airfields? That's a killbox, but really the same could be said with cities, but just camping up on a hill, zombie free, or hunting players on the beach for quick jollies? That's got to stop, our douchebaggery level is bad enough in the world's eyes.

Edited by Virfortis
  • Like 15

Me and my friend were really geared out, living in the North trying to avoid people. After a while, we got bored of always being afraid of people and decided to go to Cherno and hand out some of the extra GPS/NVGs we found in obvious duped clan tents. We plopped down a tent and left our other stuff there, and just brought 3 GPS, 3 NVG, food, drink, and medical supplies to hand out to whomever we came across in Cherno. I had no weapon on my person other than an axe on my belt in case I had a bad case of zombies.

After the ~2 hour walk down to the south, we finally got to Cherno and after about 5 minutes a guy came up to me with an AKM from behind and capped me in the head.

I don't feel like trying the 'giving back to the noobs' plan again right now. I have a long walk back to my tent.

• Like 1

I think if they introduced a penalty for far too many kills within a short time it would be better.Wouldn't be too hard to code in.Also having code to differentiate between groups killing each other(one person killing a group with no retaliation).

I could probably think deeper about this but i am a tad bored.

But i do think a system needs to be introduced in order to limit banditry to a point and help co-op become more worth it.At the same time i want it to make being a bandit exciting yet penalizing to your performance.

Someone think this out more than me lol

What's up with your immersion, with your fantasy ? It's all about surviving. I'll shoot you for food, water, medicine, survivng tools like a knife, matches, your cloths, weapons and so on. And i'll shoot you for self defense, i don't trust you, you may are infected but it's not visible yet. You may have a friend hiding and waiting for me to come closer.

People kill unarmed people because there are people like this lurking around.

My point exactly sir.

Also,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA