RainboWarrior

Stupidest Ways to Die in DayZ

We've all died in some pretty silly ways, and I'de like to here your story! Here are my top three Stupid Ways to Die:

1) Hacking: "Teleport/Ambush" or "Mass Death Hack"

2) "Loud Weapon, Zombie Attractor Death", where you find that Enfield rifle and try to learn how to snipe, not knowing that all the Zombies within a quarter mile will come running to you...

3) The "Inadvertent Stand Up by Zombies Death", you've done this to yourself when you get on a server not realizing it is one of the servers that automatically stands you up when you hit "G" to check your inventory, then you do it when you are standing a little too close to a gaggle of Zombies...

• Like 1

There should be a statistic on the front page for players killed by door.

• Like 12

Shooting a guy and breaking his leg, try to finish him off and get hacked to death by his hatchet...

my friend went to fill up a jerry can at a gas tank, his guy leaned a bit too far into it and crushed every bone in his body and died.

my other friend then ran into me at the same gas tank; broke his legs and went unconcious.

fuelling up a chopper is damn haard work

• Like 6

Anything and everything related to hacks. Especially because of how easy it is.

Probably, as of late, the stupidest death that I have had occur to me was when a zombie spawned on me, broke my leg and sent me unconscious.

Fuck those zombies, man.

My clan mate was trying to teach me how to get to Osha to Bereznio. . . fell off a cliff by black lake after saying it's just north from here.

My other clan mate died in a tree well near the coast by Tolga. I tried to get his loot died. . . got back to the location a life later and found 8 more bodies in the well.

When first learning how to play I had my friend put me out of my misery after he opened barbed wire on me and broke my leg, he shot me with a lee enfield and he got taken down by zombies shortly after.

Edited by schalart

This was a rather well timed post, I must say. My friend and I were just playing on Seattle 36... I (of course) was using the Enfield and he was using the Winchester... We met up outside of Bor, which took a while of me hiding inside of a house and him running being chased for 20 minutes, looking for my chem lights marking the house... eventually we met up, gunned them down and headed out to Zelenogorsk. Along the way, I saw a barn and decided "Hey, lets go raid that barn... they sometimes have some good stuff", completely forgetting it's a veteran server and that I might as well have been in an ice cream truck dragging fresh human flesh behind it... that was quite the fire fight, we each killed around 30 zombies with many instances of thinking we were completely screwed. I finally said screw it, and he ran around acting as bait with 15 zombies chasing him while I raided the barn, then we headed off in to the woods, dropping flares here and there to pull them off of us once they lost line-of-sight due to the trees. We came out by my favorite barn south of Zelenorgorsk by the super market and got in to another massive zombie brawl by that barn, 8-15 a piece killed this time.

FINALLY we made it to our goal, the Zelenogorsk super market! We were inside, finally getting him an alice pack, watch and map.... and suddenly we were teleported 200ft in the air by a hacker and dropped to our deaths with the rest of the server (we counted around 12, might've been more).

Gotta say... it was severely lame. Would be nice if there was a way to have the character datafiles rolled back to right before we got teleported. But the great thing is that my buddy got it recorded with fraps (not all of it, just our last zombie brawl, maybe the one before that, and our teleportation deaths).

• Like 1

"Alt/Tab Death"... That's KILLER! I did it once. Now I stand in the middle of a bush while Alt/Tabbing to view the on-line DayZ map...

My personal stupidest death was,

Apparently my character had a bit of a balance issues, climbing out of a PBX, i'm thinking that M107 and backpack full of stuff maybe made him trip and crush his face on the rocks, legs got caught in a rock and broke and subsequently got chopped up by the PBX's motor.

Least that's my hypothesis on dying getting out of a boat.

My clan mates one was a little more hilarious.

We were heading out to raid Berezino as a group of 7, 2 Overwatch, 5 looters. We run past the crashed boat at Rify and one of them decides to swim out to the boat to see if he can stand on it.

Now here our group think as he got on the boat, he slipped on a barnacle or whatever, smacked his head on the deck and then got mauled by a shark or something and slowly bled out. The funny part was two of the group went full bay watch mode (Including slow motion due to swim speed) dragging his body slowly to shore where he finally bleed to death before we could help him.

Shark theory comes from his body was bleeding from practically everywhere when we pulled him from the water.

Edited by Momiji
  • Like 1

Tried to loot an outhouse and made the mistake of closing the door afterwards...snap, broke my legs. Didn't get too far after that.

Accidentally killing my friend while trying to blow up a bike, and him not believing me till "boom". -.-

Sniper tower in Cherno, was going for my binoculers and hit "V" insted... I was right on the edge when this happend, next thing i know i'm splatterd on the ground.. Lol...

• Like 3

shutting an outhouse door and crushing my guy and bleeding out

Joined a high pop server, and spawned where I quit last time on top of a hill near elektro, after about 30 seconds of wondering down the hill a boat appears out of nowhere, and drives into the distance, then appears again right in front of me. Some random guy was in the boat, and since I didn't have any good gear I figured why not, and I jumped in.

The boat transports around the map a couple times to location where players are, until eventually we teleport to a beachy area with a helicopter overhead. Nothing happens for awhile and the nearly full helicopter just sits there with a couple people shooting zombies around it. I decide to hop out the boat and get in the helicopter, at which point it takes off, flies to a high altitude then every one proceeds to parachute out. I realize at the last second what's happening and jump out just in time to avoid the explosion.

Then about 30 seconds after landing I am insta-killed by a hacker. I had fun though.

• Like 1

Tried to go prone but my guy decided to run a couple feet first and then dove head first off the top of the hospital in Churno.

• Like 1

My friend and I both got on a ladder at the same time. We both fall off it to our deaths.

Me n a bud were in a restaurant in Cherno, he walks passed me in the corridor. Bam, broken leg and unconscious.

We now take caution when walking passed eachother. I live in fear he will abuse me again.

losing a ghillee and nv by driving over a washing machine. Check.

Falling off a deer stand ladder. Check.

Falling off a ladder at the nw airfield. Check.

Bleed to death from standing up under a tree. Check.

Died to own grenade. Check.

Consolation prize, turned too fast near a tent, Broken legs, Unconcious and bled to about 2800... Almost check.

crawling over rubble that was clearly just too damn pointy

Sneezing while crawling through a town full of zombies and accidentally left-clicking and firing a shot off with hardly any ammo

• Like 2