RainboWarrior

Stupidest Ways to Die in DayZ

I once died to a zombie that i hadn't noticed. I was using binocs to scout an area, but a zombie was for some reason pretty close to me, and startet running towards me. Instead of pressing 'b' to stop using the binocs, i accidentally hit 'v' putting down the binocs, doing the small step forward, just to take the binocs up again. Before this 6 second animation was over my leg was broken and i was lying unconcious being eaten by a zombie... I was pretty mad at myself.

Also, i don't have binocs on 'b' anymore...

It was raining so i was chilling out in my tent.

I turned my character to the right and both of my legs broke and only 2000 blood left with no morphine.

>Me and my friend are looting NW airfield and got a lot of precious loot (M4A1 etc etc).

>We both walk south-west towards Zelenogorsk to our camp when i`m having a conversation with my firend about cars

>''It should be epic if we found a fucking car after all this time walking"

>We walk into a forrest when my friend suddenly spot a tent

>I covered the are and he looted the tent. (Empty)

>While i`m covering the area I spot an off road vehicle nearby parked in between the trees (Shouting and shit over Ventrilo, Happy as fuck lol)

>We runt towards the vehicle to find out its filled with Tents/NVG`s and other nice loot.

>The car seems to be working fully and the fuel is OK.

>My friend jumps in and starts the vehicle. I do the same and off we go.

>On my screen we drive off on slow speed and drive straight towards a tree.

>I`m shouting to my friend that he needs to steer or brake and he is like; WTF we didnt drove off at all.?

>Next moment the car drives into the tree and suddenly we both fall out death.

>Thanks to a major lag/sync issue with the car we got killed after being alive for 17 days now.

I threw an empty whiskey bottle while staying inside a building (hoping to threw it through the door and distract some zombies outside). It was veteran server so no aiming while throwing and somehow the bottle hit me instead (bounced of the wall?), I felt unconcious and bled out. Lessons learned - don't try to throw things inside enclosed spaces.

I've only really been truly upset about two deaths.

1- I was dying of thirst, and I had crawled all the way to the side of a lake, and ended up curling up and dying right beside it.

BECAUSE APPARENTLY I AM INCAPABLE OF DUNKING MY HEAD IN THE WATER AND DRINKING, I NEED A DAMN CANTEEN.

2- I was overwatching for my friends looting the cherno medical tents, on the roof I decide I'm going to go prone, and as soon as I hit the button, the game takes over, and walks alice right off the roof. It was an agonizing 4 seconds of me yelling "No! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................... Balls"

For those who died from alt-tabbing, it might be a bug.. o.O I have no idea, but this is the third time I've died from alt-tabbing for no reason at all. My mate was right next to me and watched me fall over dead when I tabbed out of the game all three times.. I am scared of tabbing out now..

Edited by Fluffs